Best Xbox SX Games Deals

Best Xbox SX Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$42.99

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Xbox XS)
$34.99

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$86.99

SCARLET NEXUS (Xbox XS)
$59.99

The Falconeer - Day One Edition (Xbox XS)
$33.88

Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate (Xbox XS)
$39.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old 05-07-2020, 05:06 PM   #1
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales
Default Call of the Sea - Series X, Xbox One, and PC

One of the more unusual games during Microsoft's Xbox Series X stream was Call of the Sea, a non-violent mystery adventure set on a tropical island in the South Pacific in the 1930s.

In it, you play as a lady called Norah, voiced by Cissy Jones from Firewatch and Walking Dead Season One, who's on the trail of her missing husband. He went on an expedition to the island and never returned. It's a first-person game based around puzzle solving.

Call of the Sea is published by Raw Fury and is the debut game of Spanish studio Out of the Blue, based in Madrid. It's an eye-grabbing game with lush tropical forests and bright beaches, all brought to life with vivid Sea of Thieves-like colouring. It's in this setting we will apparently uncover a weird and otherworldly mystery.

Looks great.

Call of the Sea is coming to both Xbox Series X and Xbox One, and PC, in late 2020. And it's coming to Xbox Game Pass at launch.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...B0t3HDKa07L_ww

Last edited by Mavrick; 05-07-2020 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:15 PM   #2
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

This game did look great but i put it down to the art style usually allowing that. Kind of like an animated movie in Blu Ray and UHD not getting much different i guess between gens. Maybe this or similar games will be multi-platform.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:23 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
This game did look great but i put it down to the art style usually allowing that. Kind of like an animated movie in Blu Ray and UHD not getting much different i guess between gens. Maybe this or similar games will be multi-platform.
I just think that's the art style. Depending on what they have around launch, I'll Game Pass it.
Old 05-08-2020, 12:22 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2015

That reminds me of Sea of Solitude.
Old 12-31-2020, 05:06 PM   #5
Special Member

Nov 2014

Played through it this weekend, it was pretty fun and I liked the story. I figured out all of the puzzles except one, the end of chapter 4 confused me for whatever reason (so I looked it up).

I think the art direction looks really nice for this game, but I was surprised that it had some framerate issues on Series X. Anyway, it was a nice distraction for a few hours. Good addition to Game Pass.
Thanks given by:
emailking (01-01-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X