Best Xbox SX Games Deals

Best Xbox SX Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$42.99
1 day ago
Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate (Xbox XS)
$36.35

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Xbox XS)
$34.99

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$86.99

SCARLET NEXUS (Xbox XS)
$59.99

The Falconeer - Day One Edition (Xbox XS)
$33.88

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old 09-16-2019, 05:08 PM   #41
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

09/12: Registrations being accepted for Tech Alpha (PC users only). Must complete Qualification Survey. Screenshots and short videos posted for Insiders.

- Cessna stalling video is already on YouTube (it is a dizzying experience)
- A long shot of flying over a river valley showing off puffs of clouds, reflections off the river surface, outstretched mountains, beautiful.
- Plus other beautiful shots of the city/landscape.
- Suffice to say, the visuals are spectacular.

Last edited by GRD43L; 09-17-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Thanks given by:
heyadol (09-18-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 03:16 PM   #42
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

Couple of awesome write ups on the development status.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/09/...lator-preview/
Quote:
Whenever I’ve played a new version of MSFS, looking for my house has almost always been my first activity (next to taking off, of course). Over 30+ years of “flying,” I’ve seen my hometown morph from polygon squares to ground mesh to pixelated landscapes. But never have I been so convinced that what I just flew over wasn’t my actual house. Or the beach down the street that I’d take my dog to. Or the elementary school I’d ride my bike around. All in such fine, accurate detail that it left me astonished at just how real-life looking (and accurate) our world is represented in the new Microsoft Flight Simulator.
https://www.polygon.com/2019/9/30/20...-hands-on-demo
Quote:
Earlier this month I traveled to the Pacific Northwest for a hands-on demonstration of an early version of the game. This was not your average demo day, however. Not only did Microsoft let me loose inside the game to fly a single-engine plane anywhere in the world, I also flew a real Cessna 172 over Seattle. The experience — flying a virtual plane and a real one back-to-back in the exact same airspace — proved to me the power and accuracy of the technology powering Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Thanks given by:
heyadol (09-30-2019)
Old 09-30-2019, 03:53 PM   #43
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

I have upgraded my PC to an i9-9900K and a 1660ti in anticipation of this game. Yolk and Throttle will be my next upgrade once I see what will be compatible.

This is the one im looking at

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Sait.../dp/B01M00OQBE

Last edited by R3P0; 09-30-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:00 PM   #44
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

You are clearly more ready than I am!
Old 09-30-2019, 04:23 PM   #45
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRD43L View Post
You are clearly more ready than I am!
Thats what she said!
Old 09-30-2019, 05:06 PM   #46
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Thats what she said!
My original statement was, "You are clearly more ready than I am, hardware-wise!"

Then I thought, hhhmmm, 'better take out hardware because = joystick, etc., etc.' Better take out hardware.

You still got me with the TWSS!
Old 10-01-2019, 05:04 PM   #47
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

So it turns out a bunch of journalists/flight-enthusiasts were invited to exclusive MS event to trial the pre-alpha version (but working) of FS2020 but there was an embargo date of 09/30. I have noticed there was a flood of similar write-ups released yesterday.

The gist of it were:
1. 3D terrain/building is ALL procedurally generated using Bing earth terrain data (2 petabytes worth).
2. Weather is generated, as on option, on the fly according to local weather. One of the tests included flying into an active hurricane to evaluate wind speed and visuals.
3. There are 1000 surfaces on an airplane that are used for calculations (drag, lift, thrust, etc.). That is in contrast to 1 surface (don't quote me on that one) that was used on FSX.
4. Clouds are generated up to 600km in distance.
5. View distance is to the horizon.
6. For limited internet bandwidth, reduced details can be used OR if a flight plan exists the terrain can be pre-loaded locally.
7. It has been in development for last 5 years!
8. Airflow follows the terrain, up mountains, taking into consideration the environment variables temperature, pressure, altitude, humidity, etc. This airflow is then applied to the airplane surfaces mention in #3 above.
9. Rubber tires have parameters to simulate the landing better, i.e. 'stick the landing'.
10. Entire earth is available!
11. The attendees had functional stations available to them so they could try it out.
12. Once the foundation of the version 2020 has been released, then other possibilities will be considered (fighter planes and helicopters were mentioned as examples by Asobo rep).

Yeah, that's the gist. I am very very excited.

There is a YouTube video on the actual event that includes question/answer session with the French developer (Asobo Studio), if you are interested.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:19 PM   #48
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

Another development update from the team.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/
Quote:
October 10th, 2019 – Development Update

DELIVERING THE DELIVERABLES WE SAID WOULD BE DELIVERED DURING THE DELIVERY OF UPDATES

We are pleased to announce that the first episode of our Feature Discovery Series has been released! Recently presented at the Global Preview Event, Episode 1 (World) is an in-depth look at the world we’re building for the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Head into the Insider Area to watch Episode 1!

FEEDBACK PIPELINE

TLDR – There is a Feedback Dashboard. The dashboard contains a summary of all feedback we collect from community discussions on a daily basis. Feedback is triaged, prioritized, and assigned a plan of action. We will provide the output of this pipeline to the community in a document tentatively called the “Feedback Snapshot” on a regular basis.

There has been an incredible amount feedback from the press coverage of our recent Global Preview Event. This feedback, along with all feedback we’ve been collecting, is critically important to the team to ensure the voice of the community is being put into action through a collaborative and transparent process (i.e. use the Feedback Snapshot to give the community transparency into the feedback we’re prioritizing for action). Features like ATC, Seasons, VR, Rotorcraft, SDK, etc. can be found in the Feedback Snapshot along with our current plan for next steps and timelines for resolution. The Feedback Snapshot will be released at regular intervals and we will announce the date for our first preview release in our next update.

TECH ALPHA
• 10.15 – Recruitment for Tech Alpha 1 ends. If you would like to sign up, please head into the Insider Area and fill out the survey.
•10.17 – Build release preparation begins. Insider acceptance confirmation communication begins and will run through 10.24.
•10.24 – Release Window Opens. We will begin granting access to the Tech Alpha build to Insiders that have received acceptance confirmation.

BUILD PROGRAM UPDATE

We are currently targeting mid/end November for our second build release (Tech Alpha 2). We expect to open recruitment for Tech Alpha 2 closer to the end of October but expect a final date in our 10.17 update.

DR Update and Episode 2 information coming next update.

Next update 10.17.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team
Old 10-11-2019, 07:39 PM   #49
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Another development update from the team.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/
LOL damn you're ALL IN on this release aren't you?
Old 10-11-2019, 08:00 PM   #50
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

You could say that. I've been waiting for this for about 10 years and checking 'upcoming games' on XB, almost daily, to see if there are anything flight sim related.

Imagine the surprise of seeing the trailer from MS E3 for the first time, unannounced, in hi-res, on XBOX?!? I was so happy!

So yeah, I am in.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:54 PM   #51

Sep 2019

Yea I am stoked for this as well. I wish we had a rough ETA on this. I have a stick already but may pick up some pedals. I assume there will some some bundle for this but who knows
Old 10-16-2019, 05:08 PM   #52
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldduck View Post
Yea I am stoked for this as well. I wish we had a rough ETA on this. I have a stick already but may pick up some pedals. I assume there will some some bundle for this but who knows
Welcome to the club! If you are not already aware, PC version is expected in 2020 (probably second half). I am speculating that XB version will be optimized for the new XB so it can be promoted as a showcase.

I plan to do a lot of archeological sight seeing of places that are difficult/expensive to get to. How awesome would it be to do a virtual flight over the Nazca plains? For free! (well, other than the cost of hardware, software, internet connection, XB subscription, etc.).

And PC Alpha 1 will be released for testing (for those who were selected) towards end of October.

Last edited by GRD43L; 10-16-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-17-2019, 01:47 AM   #53

Sep 2019

Quote:
Welcome to the club! If you are not already aware, PC version is expected in 2020 (probably second half). I am speculating that XB version will be optimized for the new XB so it can be promoted as a showcase.

I plan to do a lot of archeological sight seeing of places that are difficult/expensive to get to. How awesome would it be to do a virtual flight over the Nazca plains? For free! (well, other than the cost of hardware, software, internet connection, XB subscription, etc.).

And PC Alpha 1 will be released for testing (for those who were selected) towards end of October.

I still fly X in my PC and use Rex sky force for my weather. Can’t wait to try this out. And yea with the realism I will spend all kinds of time sight seeing
Old 10-18-2019, 03:52 PM   #54
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

Regular Thursday update from fsi.microsoftstudios.com

Quote:
THANK YOU

On behalf of the entire Microsoft Flight Simulator Team, we’d like to express our sincere appreciation to the community for all the valuable feedback we’ve received from the community on the first episode of the Feature Discovery Series. Though this is only our first step in our collaboration with you, the importance of this step to the team cannot be overstated. For all the feedback, all the effort spent writing comments, asking questions, daring to hold out hope when the past has been littered with unmet expectations. We hear you, and we are going to do our best to keep building this experience with you. In the meantime, thank you. It’s been a great boost to the team reading all the feedback from Lionel’s presentation on the world we’re building, which is big, in case you missed that.

EPISODE 2

On October 24th we are releasing the next episode in our Feature Discovery Series. Episode 2 (SKY) features a detailed look at the world we fly in, and the importance of this world in the simulator we are building.

TECH ALPHA
•10.15 – Recruitment for Tech Alpha 1 is now closed. Thank you to everyone that signed up for our upcoming Tech Alpha build!
•10.17 – Starting today and continuing through the 24th, we will be sending out notifications to those Insiders that have been selected for participation in our first Tech Alpha.
•10.24 – On the 24th, we will begin the process rolling out access to the Tech Alpha. So if you are wondering WHEN build access will be provided, it will start on the 24th.

DR UPDATE (PREVIEW FOR NOVEMBER/DECEMBER)

The DR (formerly DRR) preview for November/December is now available in the Insider Area!

PARTNER ANNOUNCEMENT SERIES KICKOFF

We are in the in the final stages of preparing to release our first series of announcements as part of our Partnership Announcement Series. While we are still working on the wrapping up the final few details, we are targeting mid-November for officially kicking off this series which will provide insight into all the amazing partnerships taking part in the development of the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Tech Alpha is almost here!

Next update 10.24.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team
Old 10-24-2019, 05:08 PM   #55
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

It definitely looks gorgeous. Too bad it's still just flight simulator though. It's like saying the video of your cousin's wedding has the best picture quality of anything on TV.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:01 PM   #56
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
It definitely looks gorgeous. Too bad it's still just flight simulator though. It's like saying the video of your cousin's wedding has the best picture quality of anything on TV.
A realistic flight simulator that you can actually train yourself how to fly is a pretty big accomplishment. "Its Just flight Simulator" thats like saying Gran Turismo and Forzen are "Just Driving Games"
Old 10-24-2019, 09:00 PM   #57
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

Weekly update at fsi.microsoftstudios.com

Quote:
October 24th, 2019 – Development Update

‘TWAS THE DAY OF TECH ALPHA AND ALL THROUGH LAST NIGHT, NOT ALL EMAILS FINISHED SENDING YET, SO EVERYONE HOLD TIGHT.

As we complete our notification process for those selected to participate in our first Tech Alpha, the team would like to provide some additional information regarding participation.
•One of our primary goals for the Build Program is to get everyone interested in early build testing, actually testing early builds.
•Though we have limited participation numbers in our first build release, we are actively working to scale participation numbers for future releases.
•If you were not selected for participation in this round, fear not, we’ve automatically registered you for the next build release.
•So while you may not have been selected for participation in the first Tech Alpha, please know that we are actively working to get as many people into the testing process, as quickly as possible.

EPISODE 2 HAS BEEN RELEASED!

We are pleased to announce the second episode in our Feature Discovery Series has been released! Recently presented at the Global Preview Event, Episode 2 (WEATHER) features a detailed look at the world we fly in, and the importance of this world in the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Head into the Insider Area to watch Episode 2!

TECH ALPHA
•10.24 – On the 24th, we will begin the process rolling out access to the Tech Alpha. So if you are wondering WHEN build access will be provided, it will start on the 24th.
•10.31 – Update on Tech Alpha 2 recruitment opening.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:08 PM   #58
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

Quote:
Yes, that's too bad for you (Fortnite people?!?).

For us (the flight simulator people) it is a great news.
Thanks given by:
Hatter (10-25-2019), jayturner514 (10-27-2019)
Old 10-25-2019, 10:55 AM   #59
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Yes, that's too bad for you (Fortnite people?!?).

For us (the flight simulator people) it is a great news.
Yes we ALL know you're excited with your almost daily updates on this thing. But most gamers couldn't give two shits about a "game" where you take off and land (woohooo!!! The thrill!!!). I'll bet you're waiting with baited breath for MS to come out with Middle Management Simulator as well aren't you?

. Dude I'm just busting your balls. You do you. If you like this sort of thing, more power to you. I just think it's going to appeal to a (very) small group of people and even some of those will buy it on looks alone, play it for a couple of days, and never touch it again. Question, have they confirmed VR support for this? Because to me, that would be the biggest no brainer for a game like this. It would actually make it better.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:57 PM   #60
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

Quote:
Yes we ALL know you're excited with your almost daily updates on this thing. But most gamers couldn't give two shits about a "game" where you take off and land (woohooo!!! The thrill!!!). I'll bet you're waiting with baited breath for MS to come out with Middle Management Simulator as well aren't you?

. Dude I'm just busting your balls. You do you. If you like this sort of thing, more power to you. I just think it's going to appeal to a (very) small group of people and even some of those will buy it on looks alone, play it for a couple of days, and never touch it again. Question, have they confirmed VR support for this? Because to me, that would be the biggest no brainer for a game like this. It would actually make it better.
That's what we do! We all have our individual tastes. I am one in a small group of people and that is the reason I am so excited.

Regarding the VR question: Asobo studio did NOT originally have VR in plan for the launch but based on feedback (and rightfully so) studio made the statement that they will do their best to include VR.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X