Best Xbox SX Games Deals

Best Xbox SX Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$42.99

The Falconeer - Day One Edition (Xbox XS)
$24.99
20 hrs ago
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Xbox XS)
$34.99

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$86.99

SCARLET NEXUS (Xbox XS)
$59.99

Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate (Xbox XS)
$39.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old 07-26-2020, 04:14 AM   #101
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Texas. Muggy & Hot 24/7/365

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcripe View Post
Rumor is they scrapped whatever Halo game they were making in 2018 and started over from scratch and made Infinite. Around the same time the creative director at 343i left. Cant be a coincidence.
I am losing faith in 343. As a long time Halo fan, the demo left me feeling cold. It looked just ok. Definitely not great. Pretty much the entire Xbox showcase was pretty meh. One exception being The Medium.
Old 07-30-2020, 11:16 PM   #102
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2015

I wasn't really bothered by the Halo trailer. I guess it could have looked better, but I wasn't disappointed with how it looked.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:53 PM   #103
Special Member

May 2016

Yeah, I think the game showcase did a good job at showcasing a diversity of games, just not at hyping the new system. But as others have said, Microsoft have conflicting goals. They're trying to sell people on a new platform while saying platforms are irrelevant.

I've never been a 'Halo' player, but I think the demo could've been made to be a lot more exciting. Its poor reception stems from MS's conflicting goals. If they had the single goal of selling their console, then they would design their flagship game and console to sell each other. They would make 'Halo Infinite' as busy, detailed, and complex as possible just to show off what the new console can do, regardless of whether it's of entertainment value. But their games and console are being designed to exist mostly in an open relationship.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:57 PM   #104
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

Microsoft does not have conflicting goals.

Console sale is simply a tool for achieving the higher goal of bringing games to a wider audience.

Microsoft's stance is play the games on which ever hardware suits you best: console, PC, phone, etc.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X