Best Xbox SX Games Deals

Best Xbox SX Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$42.99

Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate (Xbox XS)
$36.35

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Xbox XS)
$34.99

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$86.99

SCARLET NEXUS (Xbox XS)
$59.99

The Falconeer - Day One Edition (Xbox XS)
$33.88

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old 09-21-2020, 05:50 PM   #41
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
should have to have an auto /s function

People are too serious on the internet. People can do what they like with their money, GaaS from MS is good value for money. But people still bash it. You can't win whatever your preference is.
My only criticism of Game Pass has been that I question it's sustainability by putting big budget AAA games day one without allowing those games to sell first. I never said it wasn't a great value. It is. I just don't care to add yet another subscription, as I have enough already.
Old 09-21-2020, 05:50 PM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmfan73 View Post
Did that article state PS5, most likely XBOX, and PC....if Sony as well
then Microsoft just blew $7.5 billion for nothing.
Or they'll make money by having it be exclusive. OR Multi-platform. Or on Merch.

it's a win/win no matter what

Quote:
Not for nothing, not if every game ends up on GPU day one. They will make billions in GPU subs. They already do ($2.4 billion last year) from their subscription services anyway but this would certainly help bring in more subs.
Plus they're basically creating a system (series S), and a way to buy their systems (all access) with Game Pass in mind
Old 09-21-2020, 05:53 PM   #43
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTL View Post
I also believe you don't even own your disk games.

I own Rainbow Six: Siege digitally. I couldn't play a few days ago because servers were down. My buddy has the disk and he also couldn't play.

In my opinion there is no difference in your "digital rights" these days, whether it be digital or physical
Yeah, a lot of games these days require constant internet connections to even play single player content.
Old 09-21-2020, 05:55 PM   #44
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Or they'll make money by having it be exclusive. OR Multi-platform. Or on Merch.

it's a win/win no matter what

Plus they're basically creating a system (series S), and a way to buy their systems (all access) with Game Pass in mind
I could see early access for games happening exclusively on GP, just like how EA Play offers early access to their big releases, which just so happens to have been made a part of GPU recently, coincidence?
Old 09-21-2020, 05:58 PM   #45
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
I could see early access for games happening exclusively on GP, just like how EA Play offers early access to their big releases, which just so happens to have been made a part of GPU recently, coincidence?
Yes I believe we will see this absolutely.
Thanks given by:
Mavrick (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 06:02 PM   #46
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
My only criticism of Game Pass has been that I question it's sustainability by putting big budget AAA games day one without allowing those games to sell first. I never said it wasn't a great value. It is. I just don't care to add yet another subscription, as I have enough already.
I get it, I wasn't aiming my comments at you or anyone here.

It doesn't matter to me if it's sustainable, that's for MS to worry about. As long as I can play the games I want to play it's perfect for a second console. I don't want to own 2 consoles and have to pay £70 every time a game comes out.

GPU means I can pay for PS5 games and get to play all the Xbox Studio games I want. It's only £121 for 3 years which is £3.36p/m.
Thanks given by:
JayTL (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 06:08 PM   #47
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Thanks given by:
JayTL (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 06:08 PM   #48
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Also

Xbox says it will honour PS5 exclusivity agreements for Deathloop and Ghostwire, following its acquisition of Bethesda parent Zenimax.
Thanks given by:
heyadol (09-24-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 06:10 PM   #49
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
To me, buying a developer or buying a publisher does the same thing. I was just pointing out that if it was Sony who purchased Bethesda for 7.5 billion, the reaction would be the exact opposite for a lot of people here, while my stance would remain unchanged.

Honestly, I prefer more games on Gamepass, because I have it lol. I'm not a part of the console wars, and want both companies to be successful
Its not. You are comparing apples to carrots. I'll just quote my response to another poster

Quote:
They purchased 2nd party studios that were largely making games for their owned IPs for years. They never purchased a third party publisher that owned multiple studios that were making IPs that were made everywhere. Its not quite the same thing. This is a bigger deal than Sony purchasing a studio like Naughty Dog that was long associated with and only making games for them.
No one is upset with a move like that for obvious reasons. Nothing on this scale has ever been done by any game company and definitely not Sony
Old 09-21-2020, 06:13 PM   #50
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKoA13 View Post
Except for no, it's not zero...but I guess just denying facts works in blind fanboyism?

Whether it's Naughty Dog back in 2001, or Insomniac Games as recently as this past February... "Zero" is not remotely the answer.

Not to mention third party developers they haven't purchased, but still paid large sums of money for exclusive titles (as well as exclusive add ons, and timed "exclusive" multiplayer content) but.... Yeah.

Sure.

MS pulling devs under their umbrella BAD!
Sony doing the same...never happened/awesome!

Edit*** "2nd party" has long been considered an obsolete/meaningless term for several years now, since the console maker's influence on them is essentially the same as them being an in-house/first party studio.
Pretending Sony hasn't purchased studios is still absolutely false, even if you "move the goalposts" in some weird attempt to lionize a piece of plastic and circuitry that you pay money to own and use...
I donít think anyone is pretending sony never bought studios before, but a studio isnít the same thing publisher

the Naughty Dogs games were only available on playstation before they bought them, Insomniac were making playstation only games since the 90ís until what 2012-2013? how is that comparable to Bathesda

2nd party is not a myth
Old 09-21-2020, 06:21 PM   #51
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Sep 2010

Quote:
It's a fantastic move by MS. They can put out all the Bethesda games on GPU, whilst the chumps who only have a PS have fork out $70 each, MS makes a profit from the PS sales and Xbox users reap the rewards of GPU.

Microsoft also owns Majong and we still get Minecraft on multi plat.
I like to cultivate a collection of games that I built over the course of the generation and can look back at down the line with fond memories. I don’t want gaming to turn into Netflix. I understand how alluring the convenience is, and will probably even take advantage of it myself, but people aren’t chumps for supporting the companies that make the games they want. We’ve been buying games all these years and now that there’s a $10 increase all of a sudden it’s a ripoff?

I get that you’re exaggerating for fun, but you do keep repeating this idea about paying the increased price for games, and I still think time will tell on how GPU affects the industry for better or worse. In the very least, it will be interesting to see how the industry progresses from here now that MS and Sony are diverting in how they approach game ownership. But then again, most gamers probably bought used games from GameStop/EB Games and returned/retraded them, so GPU is a natural progression. Regardless of where you stand, it’s the best time to be a gamer and we’ve got some fun times ahead.
Thanks given by:
Mavrick (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 06:26 PM   #52
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

This is a whole other ball game, ZeniMax Media Inc. is an American video game holding company based in Rockville, Maryland, and founded in 1999. The company owns id Software, Arkane Studios, MachineGames, Tango Gameworks, publisher Bethesda Softworks with its Bethesda Game Studios and ZeniMax Online Studios.

Naughty Dog and the like are small fries compared to this, they were just developers and had no publisher, that's why they were classed as "2nd party" they basically started making Crash then showed it to a few publishers one of them being Sony and Sony liked it so Sony agreed to publish it. Naughty Dog and the like were all independent developers with their games being published by whoever offered the best publishing deal.

Zenimax encompasses multiple publishers and developers. It's a huge deal and I wonder if this is what got mixed up the other day about MS failing to purchase Bungie? Maybe they misheard them and meant they purchased Bethesda lol.

Buying Bungie would have been the best thing they could have done for the HALO franchise though.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:36 PM   #53
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
I like to cultivate a collection of games that I built over the course of the generation and can look back at down the line with fond memories. I donít want gaming to turn into Netflix. I understand how alluring the convenience is, and will probably even take advantage of it myself, but people arenít chumps for supporting the companies that make the games they want. Weíve been buying games all these years and now that thereís a $10 increase all of a sudden itís a ripoff?

I get that youíre exaggerating for fun, but you do keep repeating this idea about paying the increased price for games, and I still think time will tell on how GPU affects the industry for better or worse. In the very least, it will be interesting to see how the industry progresses from here now that MS and Sony are diverting in how they approach game ownership. But then again, most gamers probably bought used games from GameStop/EB Games and returned/retraded them, so GPU is a natural progression. Regardless of where you stand, itís the best time to be a gamer and weíve got some fun times ahead.
I'll be real, I love the idea of gamepass purely as a service for a second console. I would never go with one console and only buy GP.

If Sony offered GP for their first party games then I would snap that up too. It just means I have more money to buy other games. At the end of the day I want to play as many games as I can get my hands on and GPU gives me access to however many Xbox Studio games will be released in the next three years, plus games with gold, plus the 3rd party titles they have in rotation as well as EA Play titles.

All it means is I can buy an Xbox and not have to worry about deciding if I'm going to spend £70 on Gran Turismo 7 or Forza Motor Sport. It's all about the games and the cheapest way I can access them
Thanks given by:
JayTL (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 06:46 PM   #54
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Texas. Muggy & Hot 24/7/365

They paid $7.5 BILLION for the brilliance of Todd Howard?!?!?! Best purchase since Skype.

LOL

Wonder if they'll upgrade their engine now? Probably not.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:48 PM   #55
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Its not. You are comparing apples to carrots. I'll just quote my response to another poster

No one is upset with a move like that for obvious reasons. Nothing on this scale has ever been done by any game company and definitely not Sony
And like I said, to me there is no difference.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:51 PM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2018
Seattle

Im sorry guys but except for current pre existing contracts, I expect all future Bethesda titles to be xbox/pc exclusives. That was the Xboxs biggest fault, lack of exclusives. You don't spend 7.5B on toys just to share them with your direct competitors.
Thanks given by:
Filmfan73 (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 07:02 PM   #57
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcripe View Post
Im sorry guys but except for current pre existing contracts, I expect all future Bethesda titles to be xbox/pc exclusives. That was the Xboxs biggest fault, lack of exclusives. You don't spend 7.5B on toys just to share them with your direct competitors.
Full disclosure, I can see that happening. No doubt.

I also think they can make more money having it on PS5 as well.

Microsoft is in a weird position where they said they're not worried about console sales, it's all about GPU to them
Old 09-21-2020, 07:15 PM   #58
Expert Member

Mar 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcripe View Post
the next Elder Scrolls game isn't supposedly arriving until 2025 anyway.
by then it is practically at the end of the next gen consoles life cycle, so exclusive, or not the sales for consoles will already be cemented.

Again this news is vague to say the least. Not transparent enough for people on the fence to go with either Sony, or Microsoft. So, shame on them for that.
Old 09-21-2020, 07:27 PM   #59
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmfan73 View Post
the next Elder Scrolls game isn't supposedly arriving until 2025 anyway.
by then it is practically at the end of the next gen consoles life cycle, so exclusive, or not the sales for consoles will already be cemented.

Again this news is vague to say the least. Not transparent enough for people on the fence to go with either Sony, or Microsoft. So, shame on them for that.
I mean...it just got announced today. Outside this site, there's a lot of people saying this could be a game changer. because it was announced today...what's so vague about it? They're not going to talk about games that are years away..
Old 09-21-2020, 07:52 PM   #60
Expert Member

Mar 2017

Quote:
I mean...it just got announced today. Outside this site, there's a lot of people saying this could be a game changer. because it was announced today...what's so vague about it? They're not going to talk about games that are years away..

Well if the deal is already in place, then Microsoft, and Bethesda already know the specifics of exclusivity whether XBox, and PC, or timed exclusives of PS5...whatever the case may be.

Knowing which games (the big ones) will be available for PS5, if at all or a timed exclusive is the game changer on how people need to spend their $500.

Lack of that info keeps first wave console buyers in the dark. Not cool.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X