Best Xbox SX Games Deals

Best Xbox SX Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate (Xbox XS)
$34.99
19 hrs ago
NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$44.19

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Xbox XS)
$34.99

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$86.42
1 day ago
SCARLET NEXUS (Xbox XS)
$59.99

The Falconeer - Day One Edition (Xbox XS)
$33.88

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

View Poll Results: When Do You See Yourself Getting a Xbox Series X/S?
On the day of release 27 32.93%
This Christmas Day 2 2.44%
Sometime around 2021 39 47.56%
Sometime around 2022 10 12.20%
Sometime after 2022 4 4.88%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2020, 11:50 PM   #21
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

When the disc-version is priced @ $400. Same answer that I gave for the PS5.
Old 09-23-2020, 01:03 AM   #22
Expert Member

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutger Lundgren View Post
Early 2021 is my current plan. If it wasn't for Brexit, I would've pre-ordered one today, but with the free frade deal with the EU still up in the air, I have other priorities for the rest of 2020.

Ehh... I can't agree. I switched to consoles after more than a decade of PC gaming, and there's no going back for me. But it's great that we all have choices, especially when it comes to Microsoft-published games.
Same here. I used to be a "PC master race" gamer, and it was fun for all those years. I'm too old now for that and console graphics and overall audio/visual are a nice experience sitting back on my 77" OLED and comfortable couch
Old 09-23-2020, 01:44 AM   #23
Expert Member

Mar 2013

At the moment I donít plan to get one because of my recent PC purchase. Most of the games with game pass will be on the PC too. Knowing me I might eventually buy one but I donít see why with how Microsoft is approaching this gen of gaming. This coming from the guy who has bought everyone launch system (well most handhelds) since the Dreamcast was released in Ď99 (also the year I had my first real job too)
Old 09-23-2020, 04:18 AM   #24
Expert Member

Aug 2014

hoping around tax season next year
Old 09-23-2020, 10:57 AM   #25
Special Member

Feb 2014
Michigan

going to get one as soon as i can
Old 09-23-2020, 11:16 AM   #26
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Am gonna wait.

My One X is only 2 years old.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:24 AM   #27
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
Maybe sometime 2021 if the online orders donít work out in twenty minutes. Went to gamestop at 6 am this morning. They only got 8 consoles between both types of system, and there was already 8 people in line.
Not only did I get a console during the online pre-orders, I got TWO consoles during the online pre-orders. One for my fiancť, and one for me. Now I'm at the point where I might actually cancel my ps5 pre-order. I'm really excited for the ps5, but outside of demon's souls, all their games are on PS4. The series x is the same way, but the ease of gamesharig on the console will save a LOT of money for us for the next year. Instead of two copies of RE8, we just need one and we can both play it through the Xbox ecosystem. Not to mention one gamespass sub can be shared for both our consoles. That's just... a lot of money over the first year or two to be left on the table.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:43 PM   #28
Power Member

May 2013
upstate NY

It will be a while. At least 2 years or more. Just got a 1s so i'll be able to play many of the new games anyway at least for a while. No fancy 4K setup at my house so lack of native 4K not an issue currently.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:59 PM   #29

Sep 2011

When my One X dies.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:52 PM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

Pre-ordered a Series X, so day one for me.

Normally I'm only "day one" with Nintendo consoles, and usually pick up the newest XBOX a year or two after release, when something I really want to play catches my eye.

At this point, though, just about everything I do entertainment wise comes through my XBOX, so upgrading it just to better play/watch what I already do was enough enticement for me. Especially since there are a number of games (like Jedi Fallen Order) that I skipped out on, waiting to play them in X-enhanced versions. That's probably what I will be playing on launch day, along with several existing XBOX multi-player games I regularly play (which everyone I play with says already run better on the One X, and since I will be moving from a One S to a Series X, I'm again excited just for that).

In spite of all that, I probably still would have waited for the first price drop, if it wasn't for..."everything going on". When I consider all of the above, and the fact that I won't be spending money going out to the movies/restaurants this winter, I cancelled a vacation in December, etc., this will pretty much be my big entertainment/leisure expenditure through at least the spring, aside from occasional Blu-rays.

At least that's how I am justifying it to the hubby.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:56 PM   #31
Special Member

May 2016

Didn't get my pre-order in in time. I am astounded at the demand for this thing. After weeks of commentary about how now that 'Halo' is delayed, there's no reason to get an XSX, it seems plenty of people found a reason. Hopefully I can get one before Christmas, but if not, then I guess early next year.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:25 AM   #32

Nov 2008
Michigan

As soon as i can go into a GameStop & easily pick one up, maybe in 2020 more likely in 2021 Makes sense cause 2+0+2+1= 5! PS5!!!!!
Old 10-01-2020, 04:32 AM   #33

Dec 2019

My One X is about 2.5 years old, i'm hoping it will last me at least another 2 years. I'll get the Series X when this one fails. A buddy of mine had his fail already so hopefully I have better luck then him!
Old 10-01-2020, 05:30 AM   #34

Nov 2008
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny80 View Post
My One X is about 2.5 years old, i'm hoping it will last me at least another 2 years. I'll get the Series X when this one fails. A buddy of mine had his fail already so hopefully I have better luck then him!
You'll be fine, it should last until you find a Series X to pick up
Old 10-01-2020, 05:49 AM   #35
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Let Me In!

Too be honest. My pc is good enough for me.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:20 PM   #36
Banned

Jun 2012
Denmark

I'm getting a Seriously X on launch if my pre-order is any good.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:54 PM   #37
Power Member

May 2013
upstate NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieCassin View Post
Pre-ordered a Series X, so day one for me.

Normally I'm only "day one" with Nintendo consoles, and usually pick up the newest XBOX a year or two after release, when something I really want to play catches my eye.

At this point, though, just about everything I do entertainment wise comes through my XBOX, so upgrading it just to better play/watch what I already do was enough enticement for me. Especially since there are a number of games (like Jedi Fallen Order) that I skipped out on, waiting to play them in X-enhanced versions. That's probably what I will be playing on launch day, along with several existing XBOX multi-player games I regularly play (which everyone I play with says already run better on the One X, and since I will be moving from a One S to a Series X, I'm again excited just for that).

In spite of all that, I probably still would have waited for the first price drop, if it wasn't for..."everything going on". When I consider all of the above, and the fact that I won't be spending money going out to the movies/restaurants this winter, I cancelled a vacation in December, etc., this will pretty much be my big entertainment/leisure expenditure through at least the spring, aside from occasional Blu-rays.

At least that's how I am justifying it to the hubby.
I wish my wife was trying to " justify " getting a new system. LOL.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:27 PM   #38
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by img eL View Post
You'll be fine, it should last until you find a Series X to pick up
Exactly. Long over are the days of consoles failing left and right. Most of the One X's should last for a lot of years.

As for me, I'm not sure when I'm getting one. Probably at some point next year for the Series X. I would have considered getting one at launch just for the load times, but I had no chance of getting one.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:39 PM   #39

Jul 2019

I've got too many home projects to game very much right now, but I'll probably wait until they revise/shrink the XSX or release an XSXX or something, so probably 2021 or 2022. My first Xbone was the Xbone X. I had enough to play on my 360 to wait through all the launch problems, hiccups, and refining that went on behind the scenes.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:46 PM   #40
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Whenever I can get one, missed out on pre orders so whenever I see one in stock I'll pick it up.

I have the PS5 pre ordered, but Series X comes out 9 days before the PS5 so if I can find one I could get it before the PS5 comes out.

I've got a gaming PC setup too but I'm still getting a Series X and a PS5, the load times will be faster on both of those than my PC will ever be so I'm happy to have all three.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X