Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
My Fair Lady 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
1 day ago
Django 4K + Texas, Adios (Blu-ray)
$42.99
1 day ago
Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II: The Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.99
13 hrs ago
News of the World 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
1 day ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Big Fish 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.50

Western Classics II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
9 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Black Clover: Season 1 and 2 Complete (Blu-ray)
$149.99

Ultraman Taro: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99

The Swordsman (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Hook 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.94
14 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 07-14-2010, 02:41 AM   #81

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomari View Post
hehehe. thats a good one. i was hoping to delete that one actually, but im not sure if people still use em. ive suggested it to crackinhedz for the new thread hes coming up with, which reminds me Crazy, you should also start a new thread, or a referring thread to show folks about your risers, and how you built them.

another part would be the "re-facing" of your speakers so to speak. if theres a diy newcomer around here, they'd definitely learn a thing or two from you.
As far as the new threads jomari ~ I have pics in the sticky thread for the DIY risers Which is well used by new members I think . I should put up one in the DIY speaker sticky thread for the speaker & sub refacing .
I think if I started a new one it would disappear into the depths of all the threads .

Thanks for the compliment
Old 07-14-2010, 04:05 AM   #82

Dec 2008
Louisville, KY

Spikes are installed. When the house is empty tomorrow I will see if they make a difference.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:40 AM   #83
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyBLUE View Post
Talking about updating the Gallery jomari Time to share your Home Theater with us
Ohhh the call out... ehehehehehe
Old 11-30-2010, 06:02 AM   #84

Jan 2010

Thanks for the guide. One question. If I purchased a pair of speakers and the corresponding center is out of production, how hard is it to voice match the center with floor standing speakers?
Old 01-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #85
Special Member

Apr 2009
Dallas, TX

I have a simple question:

When looking through the manual for my new center channel, it says that the speaker wire with the stripe is (+) and the blank one is (-). Is this necessary? I didn't think there was a difference as long as the wire matched at both ends (receiver and speaker). I have mine set up the other way, where the striped side is in the (-) terminal and the blank side is in the (+) terminal. As long as everything matches from one side to the other, does it matter?
Old 01-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #86

Sep 2007
Spring, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombeaner View Post

When looking through the manual for my new center channel, it says that the speaker wire with the stripe is (+) and the blank one is (-). Is this necessary? I didn't think there was a difference as long as the wire matched at both ends (receiver and speaker). I have mine set up the other way, where the striped side is in the (-) terminal and the blank side is in the (+) terminal. As long as everything matches from one side to the other, does it matter?
You are correct, it does not make any difference - a wire is a wire. The stripes are only there to help a person make sure that all speakers are wired the same.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #87

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombeaner View Post

No, it doesn't matter. It's just a defacto standard designed so that you can make connections quickly. Say you disconnect your speakers to get a repair or move them. If you follow the standard then you don't have to trace the line to see which is + and which is -. But there is no physical difference between the two wires.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #88
Special Member

Apr 2009
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by johng View Post
No, it doesn't matter. It's just a defacto standard designed so that you can make connections quickly. Say you disconnect your speakers to get a repair or move them. If you follow the standard then you don't have to trace the line to see which is + and which is -. But there is no physical difference between the two wires.
That's what I thought, just needed confirmation. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #89

Nov 2008

Hey guys not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes.

I have Psb B6's as my fronts. And i recentely recieved a neat little broucher from mapleshade, in there it has a few tips to improve your sound. I read an interesting one that refers to connecting your sub woofer. It said for achieving seamless intergration of the subwoofer sound, always use the speaker cable input on the sub.. is this true. If so id like to try this but dont know how to do it.

As of now i have my fronts bi-amped to my recivers onkyo 605. How could i go about trying this. I have a velodyne DLS 3750 R sub with speaker inputs and outputs. Do i just run speaker cable from the input section of the sub to the recivers front R/L of the onkyo?
Old 05-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #90

May 2011

Hey, excuse me but could anyone help me with this question I have?

I have a t.v. right now and I want to upgrade the sound. But I don't have room for full surround sound, so I think I'll just get a simple system that I could also use to play music.

I think I need a left a right and a center. Do I need anything else? will this work?

related question, Does the Ipod play cd's at the right bit rate and everything or does it compress the music?
Old 05-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #91
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by upgradinghard View Post
Hey, excuse me but could anyone help me with this question I have?

I have a t.v. right now and I want to upgrade the sound. But I don't have room for full surround sound, so I think I'll just get a simple system that I could also use to play music.

I think I need a left a right and a center. Do I need anything else? will this work?

related question, Does the Ipod play cd's at the right bit rate and everything or does it compress the music?
Yes, a Left, right and Center is all you would need for speakers. Plus you would need a receiver, speaker wire, HDMI cables.

Do you have a budget?
Old 09-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #92
kevinandrew

Now 2011 many company new brand sound system present people now enjoyment now sound of D.J. all Electronic company made new system people get new system in cheap rate. I was bought new sony sound with digital sound.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:01 AM   #93

Sep 2011
Default Problem getting all sound to come out of new home theater system

Hi all,

We have just set up our new home theater with the following: Marantz AV7005 Pre/Pro, Emotiva XPA2 amp, two Salk Songtower front speakers (no subwoofer or other speakers), Panasonic 3D/Blu-Ray player.

We're trying to watch a movie on the Blu-Ray player and we're getting some of the sound -- the background music -- but not the voices. We figured it was a setup problem but we flipped through all the options on the player and there doesn't seem to be a solution in that regard. Is the problem that the pre/pro isn't routing all the sound to the two front speakers?

We would greatly appreciate any tips or help you could provide!

-Joe
Old 10-09-2011, 06:41 AM   #94
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeziomek View Post
Hi all,

We have just set up our new home theater with the following: Marantz AV7005 Pre/Pro, Emotiva XPA2 amp, two Salk Songtower front speakers (no subwoofer or other speakers), Panasonic 3D/Blu-Ray player.

We're trying to watch a movie on the Blu-Ray player and we're getting some of the sound -- the background music -- but not the voices. We figured it was a setup problem but we flipped through all the options on the player and there doesn't seem to be a solution in that regard. Is the problem that the pre/pro isn't routing all the sound to the two front speakers?

We would greatly appreciate any tips or help you could provide!

-Joe
did you run audyssey??? Audyssey will detect that you only have the 2 speakers setup and then push all your audio out thru those speakers. If you have done that then also check on the disc you are using, see if the audio setup has a 2.0 track and select that audio track.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #95

Sep 2011

Thanks, Callas, we'll try that.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:26 AM   #96

Sep 2011
Default Audyssey problem

Hi Callas et al,

We have tried to run Audyssey, but it says it can't recognize the FR speaker. We tried switching out the cables with the other speaker but the same thing happened again; we also made sure the speaker is pointed straight at the microphone, but this didn't help. It recognizes the FL speaker just fine. Any tips for fixing this? Or is there another thread that covers this type of problem?

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2011, 04:59 AM   #97
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Quote:
Any tips for fixing this?
does anything come out of this speaker? wonder if the internal connection is loose? (the wiring inside the speaker itself)

have you tried using a different speaker for the FR?
Old 10-14-2011, 05:41 AM   #98

Sep 2011

Thanks for the response, Crackinhedz. The speaker is working great - definitely has sound coming out. That implies there isn't anything wrong with the speaker, right?
Old 10-14-2011, 06:27 AM   #99
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Quote:
That implies there isn't anything wrong with the speaker, right?
I would think so...

have you tried a factory reset of the receiver? ...then try audessey again?
Old 10-14-2011, 06:38 AM   #100
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

here is a thread from "ask audyssey"...the creator of audyssey...

http://ask.audyssey.com/entries/1434...matching-error

he seems to think this is a lack of high frequency being output, possibly a blown tweeter? (did you Bi-amp?)

or could require firmware update??

...but several posters with same issue

Last edited by crackinhedz; 10-14-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers