Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96
19 hrs ago
Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.34
15 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Blu-ray)
$19.99
20 hrs ago
The Night Strangler (Blu-ray)
$19.34
3 hrs ago
Venom 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

Baby Driver (Blu-ray)
$9.96
3 hrs ago
The House of the Devil (Blu-ray)
$8.99

A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$24.99
13 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (AFTER You've Seen It!)
One Star 8 5.56%
Two Stars 22 15.28%
Three Stars 54 37.50%
Four Stars 52 36.11%
Five Stars 8 5.56%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2018, 10:36 PM   #1881
Expert Member

Jan 2013

The marketing is rather poor for this film. It's got the money to promote but the marketing is very Sony. Meaning, it's generic as hell.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:41 PM   #1882
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2015
The Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Chaverria View Post
The marketing is rather poor for this film. It's got the money to promote but the marketing is very Sony. Meaning, it's generic as hell.
Well, less can sometimes be more. I know so many people complain when they think they have seen too much from trailers.

But yeah, they would've benefited from some tie-in products, and not just Brisk drinks. Should've contacted Hasbro and got some action figures made.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:45 PM   #1883
Blu-ray Knight

May 2015
Blue Oyster

There's something about this film... it should be sending alarm bells ringing, but whenever I've stumbled across a trailer the whole thing just seems like such a lot of fun. I'm calling it now: commercial failure but will eventually find an audience and be fondly remembered.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:49 PM   #1884
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoswald View Post
There's something about this film... it should be sending alarm bells ringing, but whenever I've stumbled across a trailer the whole thing just seems like such a lot of fun. I'm calling it now: commercial failure but will eventually find an audience and be fondly remembered.
hardy always brings it but if its got him dancing like spiderman 3, or just piss poor directing / flow nobody can overcome that...

Long as it does well enough to get a sequel with carnage is all I'm hoping for
Thanks given by:
dgoswald (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 10:53 PM   #1885
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2015
The Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
Thanks given by:
MattJ1991 (09-25-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 10:54 PM   #1886
Blu-ray Knight

May 2015
Blue Oyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
hardy always brings it but if its got him dancing like spiderman 3, or just piss poor directing / flow nobody can overcome that...

I think Venom speaking in the third person is going to get some fairly consistent laughs. They'll almost be playing schizophrenia for laughs, but it'll generally be on the side of good taste due to the horror / sci-fi angle... I hope.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:58 PM   #1887
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2015
The Oasis

I think the whole dancing part is made up, until proven otherwise. Venom clearly asserts dominance by pinning Eddie to the wall, from what we've already seen.
Thanks given by:
supersix4 (09-24-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 10:59 PM   #1888
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylor View Post
I think the whole dancing part is made up, until proven otherwise. Venom clearly asserts dominance by pinning Eddie to the wall, from what we've already seen.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:19 PM   #1889
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2015
The Oasis

I have not seen that before! Haven't laughed like that in a good long while. Looking forward to it all the same though!
Thanks given by:
ArrestedDevelopment (09-24-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 11:45 PM   #1890
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

I'm seeing this that Thursday before the wide release - an early Thursday afternoon screening at 5pm, so we'll see how it goes.

I will go out on a limb and say that Upgrade already did it better.
Thanks given by:
AFFanAttic (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 12:57 AM   #1891
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2012

Wow, the comparisons to Upgrade are spot-on. Not only do we get a guy with another sentient mind/voice in his head controlling his body, but the jerky puppeted motions are similar enough to remind one of the other. Not to mention that Tom Hardy and Logan Marshall-Green are practically twins.
Thanks given by:
cheez avenger (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 02:02 AM   #1892

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
I will go out on a limb and say that Upgrade already did it better.
Yes that's pretty much what I've been saying since I saw the trailer for this maybe a month after I saw the trailer for Upgrade.
Thanks given by:
cheez avenger (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 11:09 AM   #1893

Jun 2017

1) this was always, always going to be terrible. How do people still trust Sony movies?

2) the cast, the Script from what we have seen so far, the CGI, the "story", the amount of Dancing in this universe...its a total car crash

3) No spiderman..?

3) people have wanted to see Venom vs Carnage vs Spiderman in a film done right since what, early 90s? annnnnnnnnnd what do Sony do?.
Give us Venom vs Riot and completely exclude Spiderman and Carnage?

4) please sell the rights back to Marvel
Old 09-24-2018, 01:05 PM   #1894
Power Member

Jul 2012

So expectations are low for this huh?
Old 09-24-2018, 01:06 PM   #1895
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
DMV

I was trying to be cautiously optimistic but ever since they confirmed PG-13, I'm just hoping for "it has its moments." I'm almost certain there'll be an extended/unrated cut on BD/UHD, so hopefully that can salvage the movie to some extent.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:43 PM   #1896
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristmasFnatic View Post
Very low, almost non-existent.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:35 PM   #1897
Expert Member

Nov 2010
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristmasFnatic View Post
I have big expectations for Venom, and can't wait to see this in IMAX next Thursday at 7:00. Venom and Aquaman were my two most anticipated comic book movies this year, and nothing has changed for me.
Thanks given by:
Captain Flint (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 02:48 PM   #1898
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2009

Sony me once, shame on you. Sony me twice, shame on me.
Thanks given by:
ArrestedDevelopment (09-24-2018), RancorKeeper (09-25-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 03:01 PM   #1899
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2015
The Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by enenra View Post
1) this was always, always going to be terrible. How do people still trust Sony movies?

2) the cast, the Script from what we have seen so far, the CGI, the "story", the amount of Dancing in this universe...its a total car crash

3) No spiderman..?

3) people have wanted to see Venom vs Carnage vs Spiderman in a film done right since what, early 90s? annnnnnnnnnd what do Sony do?.

1) It doesn't look terrible to me. But your opinion is your own, as is mine.

2) I haven't seen any problems with the cast so far. It's actually a solid cast. I'm not quite sure what the problem is there. The script? I personally haven't read it from start to finish. The story? Again, haven't watched the film yet to know. I can't really make any judgement until I've actually watched the finalized movie. The CGI isn't that bad though IMO. There are other movies that have much worse CGI than that. Dancing? I mean.. it was a bit excessive in Spider-Man 3, definitely dragged out too long. However, from the video I've recently seen, it seems to only last a few seconds, which actually seems like a pretty funny callback joke to Tobey's Spider-Man.

3) Since you made a third point twice, I'll address both in this point.

A) No Spider-Man? I'm not sure if you've been keeping up with the news of Venom or not, but Sony had a choice to make Venom R-Rated, or PG-13. If they chose PG-13, we would get Tom Holland's Spider-Man, not necessarily for this movie, but for Venom 2 without question. Woody Harrelson himself confirmed in an interview that his character in Venom is only brief to set up the sequel. A trilogy has practically been confirmed, and the director has also been teasing an unrated cut of the film because they originally intended an R-Rating but went with a PG-13 to get Spider-Man in there.

B) Yes, I personally have wanted a movie version of the game Spider-Man & Venom: Maximum Carnage for the longest time. There was another game I played though, which I also wanted as a movie, which still put Spider-Man, Venom and Carnage together. It was called Spider-Man & Venom: Separation Anxiety. It was an old game about the symbiotes and the Life Foundation. These included the other symbiotes, Riot, Phage, Lasher, Agony, and Scream.

Praise Jesus, because it looks like I'm getting that. I am not sure if you saw it, but Donna Diego is actually in one of the movie trailers. We aren't just getting Venom and Riot here. I'm not sure what you expect to get but so far everything is translating quite nicely, at least for me. Maybe your standards are a tad high? Or maybe you just have your Hate Sony goggles on while looking at anything related to Venom.

4) Sony did make a deal to share Spider-Man with the MCU for a set number of movies. Do you think Marvel would properly translate Spider-Man, Venom & Carnage from the 90's on the big screen? Look what they've done with Spider-Man!

Can you honestly tell me that this Spider-Man:

Has been done perfectly by the MCU?

IMO, that's a nope. The MCU also butchered the character Mary Jane Watson. I guess those Sony Hate goggles make you blind to other things, huh? Sony can keep these rights.

Last edited by kylor; 09-24-2018 at 03:08 PM.
Thanks given by:
Ant1010 (09-24-2018), RancorKeeper (09-25-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 03:22 PM   #1900
Power Member

Dec 2010
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by enenra View Post

3) No spiderman..?

lol Disney did far worse than anything Sony has done in their Spider-Man films. Spider-Man in the Avengers in fine, but Homecoming is absolutely one of the worst comicbook movies ever made. They completely butchered everything Spider-Man related.
Thanks given by:
RancorKeeper (09-25-2018), Troll2fan (09-24-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies