Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Alfred Hitchcock: 4-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$25.43
11 hrs ago
Freaky (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 day ago
Greenland (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 day ago
My Fair Lady 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Let Him Go (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 day ago
Vanguard (Blu-ray)
$14.96
19 hrs ago
Crossfire (Blu-ray)
$17.99
7 hrs ago
Django 4K + Texas, Adios (Blu-ray)
$42.99

News of the World 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Justice Society: World War II 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
The Dam Busters (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 day ago
Justice Society: World War II (Blu-ray)
$22.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 01-08-2021, 03:59 PM   #1261
Banned

Nov 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1701D View Post
I also bailed on that but you seem to like cop shows and I can't imagine anyone liking cop shows and not the Wire. Unless you don't like serialized shows and only want procedurals.
Nope, no problems with serials.

Loved DS9 (and all Star Trek up through Enterprise).

Hate Discovery and Picard.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:40 PM   #1262
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2008
Upstate, NY

Quote:
Because I tend to like genre stuff and serialized stuff broadcast TV usually disappoints. I can't count the number of shows I liked that were canceled too soon.
Gotchya - and Im mostly in the same boat. As I said, most of our preferred content is available streaming-only. The idea of plunking yer butt down at the same time Thursday Night to catch your show on ABC or whatever is long past.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:45 PM   #1263
Banned

Nov 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
Gotchya - and Im mostly in the same boat. As I said, most of our preferred content is available streaming-only. The idea of plunking yer butt down at the same time Thursday Night to catch your show on ABC or whatever is long past.
Again, broadcast networks make the last 3 or 4 episodes available for free on their websites, and maybe you haven't heard of DVR?
Old 01-08-2021, 05:15 PM   #1264
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2008
Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsknudsen View Post
Again, broadcast networks make the last 3 or 4 episodes available for free on their websites, and maybe you haven't heard of DVR?
I know they do. DVR? That’s old school!

Look, we have more than we can possibly watch as it is just with Amazon prime, Netflix and Disney plus. The , I own a ton of discs on top of that. We’ll be fine.
Old 01-08-2021, 07:28 PM   #1265

Nov 2016

Watched Wonder Women 1984 on our OLED tv yesterday, and the opening IMAX scene looked insane for a streamed version of a movie. Think I'll be fine streaming the other warner movies this year using HBO Max...

Was sadly disappointed that there weren't more Imax scenes in the movie besides the end, which I almost didn't even notice....
Old 01-08-2021, 10:53 PM   #1266

Dec 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTL View Post
When the Wire was first on, I was bored by the first few episodes.

I was also 13-14 though

You know what critically acclaimed show I tried to get into, got like 3 or 4 seasons in, and just thought to myself "what am I watching? What's the actual plot and point of this?" Mad Men. I do plan on revisiting it at some point, but it bored me to tears when it was on.
No series is for everyone, but Mad Men isn't necessarily that plot-driven. It's mainly just following Draper's life and a look at what someone like Draper's life in that era might've been like. In addition, the series removes the romanticized memories people often have of those days. Yes, we can appreciate the fashion, pop culture, etc, but there were things not acknowledged or simply not seen as problematic. This series highlighted a lot of that without being condescending or dark.

Truly a superb and influential series - at least how I see it.

Last edited by vertigop1ayer; 01-12-2021 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Typos
Thanks given by:
eselv73 (01-12-2021)
Old 01-08-2021, 11:01 PM   #1267
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2016

Quote:
Because I tend to like genre stuff and serialized stuff broadcast TV usually disappoints. I can't count the number of shows I liked that were canceled too soon.
I'm still boycotting Fox's primetime broadcast for cancelling Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles in 2009.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:31 AM   #1268
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM

How WarnerMedia Can Solve Its Streaming Strife (Guest Column)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...e-guest-column
Old 01-11-2021, 07:48 PM   #1269
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM

Ampere: U.S. TV Households Now Average Four Streaming Services

Quote:
LONDON—2020 was a perfect storm to fuel streaming service growth, between the pandemic and its subsequent lockdowns and the launch of a number of major new streaming services. According to a new study by Ampere, that has resulted in the average U.S. household having four streaming services.

In a recent study evaluating the SVOD market in the U.S. and the “big five” Western European markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the U.K.), Ampere found that there were more than 400 million subscriptions to streaming services as of Q3 2020. While U.S. households average four SVOD platforms, European households average two. However, almost 10% are signed up for five or more.
https://www.tvtechnology.com/news/am...aming-services
Old 01-14-2021, 07:07 PM   #1270
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM

Behind Warner Bros.’ Olive Branch to Top Talent

Quote:
Denzel Washington is said to be getting his $20 million plus backend fee, while the sheer number of bonuses tied to the HBO Max day-and-date plan is said to be costly for the studio.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-to-top-talent
Old 01-14-2021, 07:32 PM   #1271
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post
Behind Warner Bros.’ Olive Branch to Top Talent

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-to-top-talent
So their plan is to dig out of the hole by digging deeper.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:02 PM   #1272
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwynn View Post
So their plan is to dig out of the hole by digging deeper.
Depends a lot on what the interest rates were to hold onto these films indefinitely, though. They may lose money in payouts but gain it back with the ending of loans and (long term) HBO Max subscriptions.

The pandemic has obliterated the capital of the movie industry. At the rate things are going we'll be lucky if any company other than Disney is making movies next year.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:11 PM   #1273
Power Member

Sep 2014
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by captveg View Post
Depends a lot on what the interest rates were to hold onto these films indefinitely, though. They may lose money in payouts but gain it back with the ending of loans and (long term) HBO Max subscriptions.

The pandemic has obliterated the capital of the movie industry. At the rate things are going we'll be lucky if any company other than Disney is making movies next year.
F***. This sounds like hell.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:28 PM   #1274
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Virginia Beach, VA

New Trailer for HBO Max’s “Same Day Premieres” (now including footage of Space Jam, Godzilla vs Kong, Mortal Kombat and Conjuring )

Interesting to note they haven’t removed “Dune” from their lineup.
Thanks given by:
CreasyBear (01-16-2021), eselv73 (01-16-2021)
Old 01-16-2021, 07:15 PM   #1275

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpstjohn View Post

I noticed that too, was half-expecting it to not be in the lineup anymore. But I guess whatever talk there was of it going back to having an exclusive theatrical window was just that, talk.

Oh, and is Matrix 4 actually titled “Matrix” or is that just the place-holder?
Old 01-16-2021, 07:51 PM   #1276

Dec 2016
Philadelphia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpstjohn View Post
New Trailer for HBO Max’s “Same Day Premieres” (now including footage of Space Jam, Godzilla vs Kong, Mortal Kombat and Conjuring )

http://youtu.be/k5HSGjg4FRg

Sweeeet I didn't realize Malignant was going to debut on Max this year. Hyped for that one
Old 01-16-2021, 09:03 PM   #1277
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2019

God damn, they have some good stuff in the pipeline for the year. I'm happy they are doing this because at least I have some new movies to be excited about. 2020 was so abysmal, but seeing all the movies I was excited to see constantly pushed back or delayed really bummed me out.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:23 PM   #1278
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012

Dune and King Richard being still on there means either they worked out deals or are at least still negotiating. There still is a movies subject to change disclaimer, and we know the filmmakers were considering enforcing their exclusive theatrical release contract clauses on them.

I did notice Reminiscence was gone from the line up. Probably confirming the rumors that it would have a regular theatrical release instead (I’m guessing the Nolan connection, it being directed by his sister-in-law, was a factor).
Old 01-16-2021, 09:28 PM   #1279
Expert Member

Mar 2010

Ok so enough with these quick flashes of footage. Can we actually get a trailer for Godzilla vs Kong, Mortal Kombat, and Conjuring 3 now? They are all 2-4 months away and yet they give us nothing except these flash teases which do nothing for me.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:30 PM   #1280
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreasyBear View Post
God damn, they have some good stuff in the pipeline for the year. I'm happy they are doing this because at least I have some new movies to be excited about. 2020 was so abysmal, but seeing all the movies I was excited to see constantly pushed back or delayed really bummed me out.
It’s bittersweet for me as such a huge supporter of the theatrical experience, but that line up is killer.

I probably would’ve preferred they went with with something like what Netflix does and have their big films in theaters for 3 weeks before hitting the streaming service (seems to be same window Universal for PVOD). That way it does have some kind of exclusive theatrical window, while being available quickly in order to boost the streaming service. Still, all the delays are so dispiriting, it greats to have big movies to look forward too, and wish films like No Time to Die and Black Widow would come up with some kind of hybrid strategy rather than get delayed again at this point.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
2021, hbo max, theaters, warner, warner bros.