Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pacific Rim: Uprising 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.59
 
Goosebumps 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
3 hrs ago
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
IMAX: Born to Be Wild 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.89
 
Pandas: The Journey Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99
 
Doctor Who: Dark Water / Death in Heaven 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.82
 
Sangaree 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.99
 
Tormented 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Shrek Forever After 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.87
 
One Direction: This Is Us 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.95
 
Piano Pieces 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
5 hrs ago
Coraline 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #21
Taygan315 Taygan315 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Taygan315's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
10
10
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post
Hi,

I just watched Resident Evil Retribution and it dawned on me that 3D Blu Ray is the cats pajamas.

Believe the hype... though there isn't any.

3D Blu Ray is the greatest invention that ever was.

(Mostly a biased opinion but I'm in Home Theater heaven over here.)
I share in your enthusiasm towards 3D Blu. I love it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #22
bhampton bhampton is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
bhampton's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
1544
17
5
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorD View Post
Hey Brian,

Was just curious as to what projector you currently have. If I remember right you upgraded your projector but I forgot what it was.
My projector is a Sony vw60 which can playback 3D using the aftermarket (hack box) 3D VIP Displayer.

However,.. I've been using a Samsung 720p 3D plasma more lately for 3D because its at least ten times brighter.

-Brian
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:00 AM   #23
Lovemy3D Lovemy3D is offline
Power Member
 
Lovemy3D's Avatar
 
May 2010
2
Default

Right on!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #24
steve1971 steve1971 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
steve1971's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.
263
118
1
Default

The Ultimate Experience? With a quality made 3D movie yes with a horribly made 3D movie no. So far for me its been an excellent experience. And to think that just a few months ago I would have said 3D was nothing more of a fad ect. Boy have times changed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #25
3Dfan 3Dfan is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rded View Post
Bluray will SOON be obsolete, but 3D especially in 4K(even 6K and 8K) resulotion will be the norm for sci fi and action/adventure movies in the years to come.

Have you checked out The Hobbit in a HFR 4K theater with Dolby Atmos? It's just totally
It was on the news The Hobbit in HFR gave people across the whole country and world headaches and made them physically ill with other symptoms also. (no matter whether that watched it in 2d or 3d).
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:35 PM   #26
i007spectre i007spectre is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
i007spectre's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Missouri
20
406
1
Default

I do not care for HFR.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #27
AmrlKJaneway AmrlKJaneway is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
AmrlKJaneway's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dfan View Post
It was on the news The Hobbit in HFR gave people across the whole country and world headaches and made them physically ill with other symptoms also. (no matter whether that watched it in 2d or 3d).
Yeah, those motionflow telle's have been making me sick for years.

Haven't seen the Hobbit yet. There's 9 screens in Brisbane that can do HFR and they all cost too much and are two far away from me. It might even be 9 in Queensland... I think it is. That makes them further away!

But I have no interest. If it catches on, as a film fan, I will definitely check it out for art's sake. I won't judge it before then, but a few members whose opinions I respect have said it has the "soap opera" look, and this scares me.

But I don't know, so I won't judge.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #28
Solo man Solo man is offline
Active Member
 
Solo man's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Toronto, Ontario
72
355
285
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrlKJaneway View Post
Yeah, those motionflow telle's have been making me sick for years.

Haven't seen the Hobbit yet. There's 9 screens in Brisbane that can do HFR and they all cost too much and are two far away from me. It might even be 9 in Queensland... I think it is. That makes them further away!

But I have no interest. If it catches on, as a film fan, I will definitely check it out for art's sake. I won't judge it before then, but a few members whose opinions I respect have said it has the "soap opera" look, and this scares me.

But I don't know, so I won't judge.
I am not a fan of the soap opera look either. I appreciate the fact that you are open minded to the 3D technology and are not quick to judge. I had problems earlier with 3D with my TV but now I am totally addicted to it. For me, it makes the movie a lot more immersive with the depth as well as surround sound which involves the other sense being enveloped.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:08 AM   #29
AmrlKJaneway AmrlKJaneway is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
AmrlKJaneway's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo man View Post
I am not a fan of the soap opera look either. I appreciate the fact that you are open minded to the 3D technology and are not quick to judge. I had problems earlier with 3D with my TV but now I am totally addicted to it. For me, it makes the movie a lot more immersive with the depth as well as surround sound which involves the other sense being enveloped.
3D kinda is the surround sound of vision. It's just a bit of a hassle with the kids and the constantly moving furniture in my house. I'll get back into it in a few years if it's still around.

Have you seen HFR 3D yet? I couldn't tell by your post. If you have, I assume you didn't like it? I've heard people say the exact opposite of the soap-opera thing too... that's why I can't judge. You gotta see with your own eyes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #30
blae03 blae03 is offline
Member
 
blae03's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
4
Default

3d is the best
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:59 AM   #31
poke smot poke smot is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
poke smot's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
1
899
12
208
31
147
Default

3d for me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:31 AM   #32
Solo man Solo man is offline
Active Member
 
Solo man's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Toronto, Ontario
72
355
285
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrlKJaneway View Post
3D kinda is the surround sound of vision. It's just a bit of a hassle with the kids and the constantly moving furniture in my house. I'll get back into it in a few years if it's still around.

Have you seen HFR 3D yet? I couldn't tell by your post. If you have, I assume you didn't like it? I've heard people say the exact opposite of the soap-opera thing too... that's why I can't judge. You gotta see with your own eyes.
Actually I haven't seen HFR 3D yet but heard from some of my friends. So maybe I will take your advice and see for my eyes. But when I put the framerate on smooth on my Samsung TV, I hate that soap opera effect.

Yeah, I can see moving furniture around being a hassle. I would hate to do that all the time if I had to, so I can see your point.

But for me with the 3D and the 7.2 surround sound, I am really enjoying the 3D movies even if they suck. When its a good movie, then I agree with some here and say it is the ultimate experience. I was gonna upgrade my projector but I have had no issues with 3D yet so I am reluctant to do it. I might later on when 4K comes down in price and the media becomes more available.

There is so much I want to do with the setup but I wait until I save up because that is the deal I made with my wife.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:19 PM.