Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Westworld: Season Two 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Bourne: The Ultimate Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99
 
Justice League vs The Fatal Five 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
13 hrs ago
The Mule 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
The Maze Runner 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96
 
Aquaman 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
10 hrs ago
Lord of War 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.71
 
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.95
 
The House with a Clock in Its Walls 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.78
 
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2019, 05:01 PM   #5881
gregmtl92 gregmtl92 is online now
Expert Member
 
gregmtl92's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
Montreal
54
Default

Have you seen Maelstrom? It's worth checking out if you can find the DVD or a stream.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:14 PM   #5882
Gacivory Gacivory is offline
Power Member
 
Gacivory's Avatar
 
Apr 2016
California
983
237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmtl92 View Post
Have you seen Maelstrom? It's worth checking out if you can find the DVD or a stream.
I really liked Maelstrom! It felt closer to Enemy than some of his others!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
gregmtl92 (02-14-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 06:28 PM   #5883
gregmtl92 gregmtl92 is online now
Expert Member
 
gregmtl92's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
Montreal
54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gacivory View Post
I really liked Maelstrom! It felt closer to Enemy than some of his others!
Yes, definitely!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Gacivory (02-14-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 08:06 PM   #5884
IXOYE1989 IXOYE1989 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Aug 2015
Dream within a dream
-
-
-
-
-
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
My favorite working director by far, and that was my opinion before he even did Arrival and BR. Incendies, Enemy, Prisoners, Sicario and Polytechnique are all fantastic. Incendies is a masterpiece of filmmaking and the others are all right up there. Enemy seems to be the most polarizing, but I adored it.
Incendies is probably one of the most jaw-dropping movies I've ever seen. It's stuck with me ever since the first time I saw it. Absolute masterpiece.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
gwsat (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:04 AM   #5885
Kris Deering Kris Deering is offline
Power Member
 
Kris Deering's Avatar
 
Nov 2006
Pacific Northwest
400
131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmtl92 View Post
Have you seen Maelstrom? It's worth checking out if you can find the DVD or a stream.
I haven't, I'll have to track that one down. Found this tidbit:

"Director Denis Villeneuve was disappointed with his first two movies, August 32nd on Earth (1998) and Maelstrom (2000), so he took a nine-year sabbatical as a stay-at-home dad. He vowed to return "when I was ready to make a film I could be proud of", which was Polytechnique (2009). "

I've seen August 32nd and thought it was okay, but not great. I'll have to try and find Maelstrom. Anyone know if it is streaming anywhere in the US?
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:26 AM   #5886
gregmtl92 gregmtl92 is online now
Expert Member
 
gregmtl92's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
Montreal
54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
I haven't, I'll have to track that one down. Found this tidbit:

"Director Denis Villeneuve was disappointed with his first two movies, August 32nd on Earth (1998) and Maelstrom (2000), so he took a nine-year sabbatical as a stay-at-home dad. He vowed to return "when I was ready to make a film I could be proud of", which was Polytechnique (2009). "

I've seen August 32nd and thought it was okay, but not great. I'll have to try and find Maelstrom. Anyone know if it is streaming anywhere in the US?
Personally I liked it much more than August 32nd, it might be hard to find a stream though and the DVD is OOP and pretty expensive.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Kris Deering (Yesterday)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:01 PM.