Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Westworld: Season Two 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Emmanuelle 3 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
40 min ago
Westworld: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The White Princess (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Princess Principal: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
22 hrs ago
Triple Threat (Blu-ray)
$22.27
7 hrs ago
Frame Arms Girl: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Underworld: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$25.09

If Beale Street Could Talk (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot (Blu-ray)
$15.41

A Silent Voice (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Star Wars Rebels: Complete Season Four (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old Today, 03:28 AM   #4461
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by miribeau View Post
[Show spoiler]DD over at DF posted a shipping update.

"Dark Force Entertainment

WE ARE NOW SERVING ORDER #892:
Due to the unusually heavy volume of orders for the new release SCREAMS OF A WINTER NIGHT the Dark Force Superstore shipping department has been running behind. We are working round the clock to ship every order out as quickly as possible and are getting close to the orders numbered in the 1,000. We appreciate your understanding during this time. Please stand by for big announcements on the Dark Force Superstore re-opening and status on restocking more Screams.:
Darkforcedvd.com"
About 21 packages in six hours...

Quote:
NOW SERVING ORDER #913: Our Dark Force mail minions are up late fulfilling the large volume of orders for the biggest cult film we have ever handled SCREAMS OF A WINTER NIGHT the 1979 horror anthology movie. We are currently filling all orders numbered in the 900ís and soon to be into the 1,000ís. We appreciate your understanding with any shipment delays on this very special release. And now a DARK FORCE EXCLUSIVE, BEHIND THE SCENES OF THE BLU-RAY PRESSING SCREAMS OF A WINTER NIGHT
Old Today, 04:41 AM   #4462

Sep 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by indravayu View Post

As a side note, does Maghen really ever have a point? Seems to be one of the most pointless posters on the forum.
His head comes to a point.
Thanks given by:
dawnofthediscs (Today), indravayu (Today)
Old Today, 06:22 AM   #4463
Special Member

Aug 2013
Right behind you.

I have an order in. I haven’t received any packaging/shipping information yet, and I’m okay with that. I’m in no mad rush (need) to watch it the moment the postman drives up to my house, as I have more than enough titles in my To Watch stack to bide my time.

I just feel like it’ll get here when it gets here.

e: words

Last edited by Keyser Soze.; Today at 10:12 AM.
Old Today, 06:28 AM   #4464
Power Member

Oct 2013
San Jose California

Here ya go nerds.

Uncut lost version

US Theatrical

Disc Title: Screams of a Winter Night
Disc Label: SCREAMS OF A WINTER NIGHT
Disc Size: 43,988,032,642 bytes
Protection: AACS
Playlist: 00004.MPLS
Size: 33,324,828,672 bytes
Length: 1:58:44.033
Total Bitrate: 37.42 Mbps
Video: MPEG-4 AVC Video / 33999 kbps / 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1
Audio: English / DTS-HD Master Audio / 2.0 / 48 kHz / 1557 kbps / 16-bit (DTS Core: 2.0 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit)
Thanks given by:
CineSicko (Today), deltatauhobbit (Today), fnvmaster (Today), gobad2003 (Today), gunnerg (Today), Hedji (Today), nitin (Today), omenboy (Today), RadicalThrasher (Today), SilentNight (Today), TheHorrorNerd (Today)
Old Today, 03:59 PM   #4465
Special Member

Jan 2015

My review from the Code Red thread.

I was surprised the theatrical version wasn't restored to the same level as the extended cut. But no matter. I really enjoyed the lost segment. In fact, I think it's one of the strongest tales. It's my understanding it was cut because the day for night photography made it so dark that distributors told the directors that it wouldn't be visible in drive-ins where this would play.

I'm happy to report that this segment looks wonderful, the photography is eerie. And there are some great unsettling moments in this part of the film. I am so grateful to Code Red that this was restored. If I recall correctly, there was a time where they had to hunt down the audio for it too? Really, the fact that this exists is really sort of miracle in our little hobby.

Look, this is not a scary movie. It's PG. The stories are sort of meh. There are way better anthologies out there. It's very low budget. There's nothing for gore hounds. There's no nudity. It's not sleazy or controversial.

But I like it. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but I do. And I think that's sort of the magic of this movie. It is literally people trying to scare each other telling urban legend style stories. There's a mounting sense of dread and atmosphere as the film progresses. And it's neat that the same actors who tell the stories play the parts of different characters within the stories. And the audio and sound design are truly brilliant, given the context of the film. Again, this movie is more than the sum of its parts.

This definitely is not for everyone, and it will bore some viewers who are more inclined towards gritty, violent fare.

I'm delighted to have this in my collection. I will keep it next to Creepshow, Encounters With the Unknown, Nightmares, Deadtime Stories, Twilight Zone the Movie, and all those Amicus anthologies.
Thanks given by:
AlisonTroy (Today), deltatauhobbit (Today), gobad2003 (Today), Marv Inc. (Today), SilentNight (Today)
Old Today, 10:09 PM   #4466
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Force Facebook Page
THE BLOOD OF BANANA MAN is CODE RED!
At the request of William Olsen aka BANANA MAN this weekend we will be doing a LIVE FEED from Banana Man's room at Kaiser hospital in Los Angeles. Banana Man has a message he needs to put out to all his fans. Dark Force was there tonight and we have exclusive footage of his current condition that we will also be airing this weekend. It's a BANANA MAN WEEKEND all weekend long at DARK FORCE! STAY TUNED for times and details. This will be the most MUST SEE live feed that will determine the FATE OF CODE RED!
WARNING!: Contains graphic real life footage. Viewer discretion is Advised
Looks like tonight will be interesting...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors