Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96
8 hrs ago
The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The House of the Devil (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.34
4 hrs ago
Venom 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Blu-ray)
$19.99
9 hrs ago
The Martian (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Some Like It Hot (Blu-ray)
$19.59

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Old 10-13-2018, 08:45 PM   #1

Apr 2018
Dallas, TX
USA NR1's Home Theater

FINALLY!!! My theater room is officially complete!!! A 144-inch screen with a 1080p 3D Epson projector, an Onkyo 5.2 surround sound system, 6 leather reclining seats, a custom built star panel on ceiling, LED lighting throughout, and a slick as all hell 50-inch LED display panel for movie posters and trailers in the lobby! The movie poster panel can even be synced with KODI, EMBY, and PLEX to show the poster for the film currently playing in the theater! Who says you canít have the big theater experience at home?!?!

144-inch projection screen with a custom star panel on the ceiling. Watching Pacific Rim.

Theater seats! I found them on clearance at Nebraska Furniture Mart in Dallas. Apparently someone had them specially ordered, but they came in the wrong color (they wanted gray; not tan). Original price was $10,000 for all 6 leather chairs with power reclining, LED bases, food trays, and cup holders... I got them all for $3,500!!

Repurposed vintage film reels for wall lights with dimmers.

Found them on Facebook Market for $20 each.

Barn door entrance with a slick 50-inch LED display that displays rotating movie posters and movie trailers. A really nice (and FREE!) software called MoviePoster that is running off an Intel HDMI PC Stick with a 2TB external hard drive. https://www.movieposterapp.com/

50-inch LED display panel with rotating movie posters and trailers.

Trailer player over the movie poster in the LED display.

Intel PC Stick for running the Motion Movie Poster Display.

Added LED lights to the back of the movie poster too!

Before the remodel-- used as a play room.

Before wall construction.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:19 AM   #2

Mar 2009

Great looking room! What brand seats did you go with? I'm shopping around myself!
Old 10-14-2018, 04:16 AM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009
Springfield, IL

Your room looks awesome. I love the star ceiling and all the led lights. I still really want a star ceiling and some led bias lighting for my theater room. Hopefully someday. Enjoy the fruits of all your hard work.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:06 AM   #4
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Very well done. Plus the great deal on the seating.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:20 AM   #5
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2015

Is that one of those outdoor panels? It looks like some I’ve looked at and debated buying for my outdoor/patio setup. That picture is amazing on it.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:23 PM   #6

Apr 2018
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamont360 View Post
Great looking room! What brand seats did you go with? I'm shopping around myself!
I found my Paragon Leather Power Home Theater Seats in clearance at Nebraska Furniture Mart in Dallas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groot View Post
Is that one of those outdoor panels? It looks like some I’ve looked at and debated buying for my outdoor/patio setup. That picture is amazing on it.

Indeed it is! It’s 144-inch Outdoor Entertainmeng Gear purchased off Amazon. I originally purchased my projector and screen a few years ago for outdoor movie nights with friends and family... That didn’t work out too well. I had a huge empty backyard at my old house, but in Texas it’s too damn hot and humid outside in the summer months (plus the sun goes down far too late in the evening for the projector to work properly and the mosquitos are horrible) and in the winter months it’s too cold and school/holiday schedules tend to interfere with my ability to get everyone together. Thankfully I was able to easily repurpose the screen for my indoor theater! Above is a photo of one of the few get togethers to use the screen outside (a video game night featuring Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros!)

The Star panel was purchased for about $2500 off HTMart.com. You can get it customized in many different ways (LED colors, shooting stars, frames, etc...).

I guess the lesson here is to try and be thrifty to get the most bang for your buck (chairs on clearance, repurpose used film reels, using freeware for a slick motion poster...).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries