Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96
8 hrs ago
The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The House of the Devil (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.34
4 hrs ago
Venom 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Blu-ray)
$19.99
9 hrs ago
The Martian (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Some Like It Hot (Blu-ray)
$19.59

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 10-15-2018, 04:56 AM   #41
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by caiman View Post
The year that both Hereditary and Mandy came out? Nope, not slow.
Thatís two movies in 6 months. Thatís slow in my book.
Thanks given by:
Chaotic (10-15-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 06:50 AM   #42
Expert Member

May 2016
San Diego

I'm at a point where almost every new movie reminds me of a movie I've seen before. It's one of the reasons why I'm no longer a film critic. I don't want to have a negative opinion as often as I do, but that's where I am in my life.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:00 AM   #43
Expert Member

Mar 2010

The US releases in 2018 include First Reformed, The Night is Short Walk on Girl, Hereditary, Love Simon. Eight Grade, Isle of Dogs, Annihilation, A Star is Born, Support the Girls, Incredibles 2, Sorry to Bother You and Black Panther.

Stuff like Blockers, Mamma Mia 2, A Simple Favor, Paddington 2, The House with a Clock in its Walls, Teen Titans Go! to the Movies, The Commuter, Ulgrade, A Quiet Place, Crazy Rich Asians, and Game Night were so much better than anyone could have expected

There's also little gems like Set it Up, To All the Boys I've Loved Before, Ideal Home, Nappily Ever After, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society that have been unceremoniously dumped on VOD or Streaming.

It's not a slow or a weak year
Thanks given by:
Creed (10-15-2018), Hucksta G (10-15-2018), The Debts (10-15-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 08:30 AM   #44

Jul 2017
The interior of my own mind

What a hideous selection.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:22 AM   #45
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.F View Post
The US releases in 2018 include First Reformed, The Night is Short Walk on Girl, Hereditary, Love Simon. Eight Grade, Isle of Dogs, Annihilation, A Star is Born, Support the Girls, Incredibles 2, Sorry to Bother You and Black Panther.

Stuff like Blockers, Mamma Mia 2, A Simple Favor, Paddington 2, The House with a Clock in its Walls, Teen Titans Go! to the Movies, The Commuter, Ulgrade, A Quiet Place, Crazy Rich Asians, and Game Night were so much better than anyone could have expected

There's also little gems like Set it Up, To All the Boys I've Loved Before, Ideal Home, Nappily Ever After, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society that have been unceremoniously dumped on VOD or Streaming.

Also Tully! I could go on and on.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:26 AM   #46
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecooldud View Post
What a hideous selection.
First Reformed is a cracking film, as is Annihilation and A Quiet Place. Eighth Grade is fabulous also. I think those moaning about a poor year just have poor taste and rely on the cinema without taking a chance on blind buys on Blu-ray or whatever.
Thanks given by:
Creed (10-15-2018), The Debts (10-15-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 02:03 PM   #47
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2013
ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.F View Post

Don't forget about The Death of Stalin, Won't You Be My Neighbor?, Mandy and Apostle!

Then there's the onslaught of good stuff coming out the next couple of weeks like The Night Comes For Us, Suspiria, Widows and The Favourite.

Last edited by The Debts; 10-15-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:36 PM   #48

Jan 2017

I'm gonna take a different approach to this, I know some might disagree, but I find that if there is just one movie that I absolutely love in a year, the year was worth it. We can go through all these expanding horizons and such, but honestly it would be hard to tell someone that they need to like other things than what they already like. This year I have my one movie already, which is Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again. Now this definitely goes to the point that I can't convince someone to like it and they need to watch it because I know most people will not like it as much as me, if at all. The point is, I love it and that movie is one that I will be watching often. Last year, it was Baby Driver that made the year worth it (Listen, alright, Lily James being in both is just a coincidence, I don't think she is a perfect person at all, not one bit, please don't call me out on this). Maybe I'm dumb, maybe I have my expectations too low, but I'm just happy that one movie has satisfied my tastes to that extent. Anything else that I like is bonus. If you think this is a slow year, that sucks for you, but at least you have Infinity War that you seemed to love. Imagine a year where a bunch of movies that you were interested in came out and you thought they were all average, that would be worse than having one great one.

Last edited by BallistikBluray; 10-15-2018 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:39 PM   #49
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Denver, CO

I think it's just you. I've seen over 100 movies from 2018, and I've been very very pleased with how many great films there have been already. There's constantly 1 or 2 movies I am super excited for every week.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (10-15-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 04:45 PM   #50
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2011
England

Canít wait for The House That Jack built at the end of the year also.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:14 PM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Illinois

I have no complaints with the releases this year. I continue to be well entertained.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:15 PM   #52

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallistikBluray View Post
I'm gonna take a different approach to this, I know some might disagree, but I find that if there is just one movie that I absolutely love in a year, the year was worth it.
For sure. Like I said, I did really like 'Annihilation', 'Hereditary', 'A Quiet Place', 'Mission Impossible: Fallout'... I didn't mind Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom either... although most recently, Predator was a letdown.

I'm not 100% convinced I'm wrong--which is why I went and posted the list of releases from the summer and fall--but I'm willing to admit that personal taste might figure into it--last year there was a lot of SciFi I was super looking forward to (Alien: Covenant, Ghost in the Shell, Blade Runner 2049) and I was also (mistakenly) looking forward to Mother (which I expected to be like Rosemary's Baby but turned out to be more arty).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBonnet View Post
If the stuff that's showing in cinemas isn't your cup of tea, try watching more of the stuff from the streaming services, or stuff on home video. If that doesn't fulfill you either, spend more time outdoors, or enjoying some physical activity. Your body will really appreciate that!
While I was making more of a box office releases observation than asking for life advice, I kinda agree with you. On a recent Saturday I was thinking how I was not sure of what to spend the afternoon doing, and realized I should probably join a gym so I could spend this kinda time there.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:25 PM   #53
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia

It's been a slow decade for movies.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies