Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00
16 hrs ago
Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$15.50
2 hrs ago
The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 hr ago
Some Like It Hot (Blu-ray)
$19.59

Tomb Raider (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Pacific Rim: Uprising 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.59

A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Alpha (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Deadpool 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Strangers: Prey at Night (Blu-ray)
$12.99
15 hrs ago
The Grifters (Blu-ray)
$5.96

Hereditary (Blu-ray)
$15.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old 04-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
PA
Default Columbia House Blu-ray Deals Thread

BDs have been removed from enrollment. This may or may not be temporary.

6 BDs for .49 cents each, free shipping with membership. You can buy a 7th at $9.95 and it counts as one you are obligated to buy.

I got the following for $13.66 or $1.95 each. I have to buy 2 more within 2 years.

1. THX 1138
2. Three Kings
3. Psycho
4. The White Ribbon
5. The African Queen
6. Glory
7. Once Upon a Time in America

LINK To find the BDs browse the categories to the left. They are mixed in with the DVDs.

Spreadsheet of 794 titles eligible for enrollment. (thanks to abintra post #394)

When ordering titles after initial enrollment use code 20110506AST2D Buy 1 Get 1 DVD Free

Expired Codes
[Show spoiler]When ordering titles after initial enrollment use code 20110513FTST1D for free shipping. (thanks to gentrycoach post #2111)

Use code 20110429AT1D for B1G1 - Buy a blu-ray @ $19.95 or more and get 1 DVD for free (+$1.99 shipping & Handling) (thanks to The Duke post #1294)

Use code 801490 to get 2 free SD DVDs when buying a BD fulfillment title. Can be used more than once so make a seperate order for each fulfillment BD you buy.

Free shipping code 20110422SFST2D (doesn't stack)

Columbia House FAQ (created by Velmeran post #1283)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velmeran View Post
Recap of the deal:
Signing up for the Columbia House membership gets you the following deal:
Six Blu-Rays (or DVD's) for $2.94 (or .49 cents each) as part of the initial sign-up offer.
plus you can taken an optional Blu-Ray for an additional $9.95 (this title will go towards your commitment of 3 titles in 24 months).
plus you can taken an optional Blu-Ray for an additional $9.95 (this title will not go towards your commitment of 3 titles in 24 months).
So for $12.89+tax you can get 7 Blu-Rays (and that price includes shipping), or for $22.84+tax you get 8 Blu-Rays (and that includes shipping).

Note as it was briefly mentioned above, by joining Columbia House, you're agreeing to purchase 3 Titles within the next 24 months, however if you order the first optional title at $8.95 that counts, which brings your commitment down to only two.

List of Eligible Enrollment Titles:
To browse the eligible titles on Columbia House's website go here (please note that BD's are mixed in with the DVDs). In addition, abintra has compiled a list of 787 titles which are eligible selection during enrollment and posted it for all to see.

*** DISCLAIMER *** Mistakes/Oversights can occur so this list may not contain all titles, but it should be a pretty comprehensive list of the current BD enrollment titles.

Frequently Asked Questions:

How do I sign up?
Go to Columbia House website. Select your titles and then give them your information.

How do I contact customer service?
You can contact Customer service by calling (1-717-918-3232) however the best method to of contacting customer service is to use the contact form on the webpage.

Is _____ available as an initial signup title?
See the list above compiled by abintra.

I signed up and placed my order, but still haven't gotten a confirmation email!?
Don't worry it can take a little bit of time for the e-mail confirmation to come through (if at all). After you sign up you should be able to login to the website, though if/when you check your order history it may take a day or two for the order to actually show up. So if it hasn't shown up and it's been less than 48 hours, don't panic! Also at some point get a 'You've been granted access' e-mail and from there you If you don't see your order after 48 hours or you still haven't gotten the 'You've been granted access' e-mail then we suggest contacting customer service via the Contact form on the webpage.

I placed my initial order with the 'bonus' Blu-ray for $9.95 but my commitment count is still showing 3
Don't panic, it can sometimes take a couple of days, past the processing time and/or shipment of the order for the commitment to be counted. If it's been a week and/or you have already received your initial order and it hasn't been counted yet, contact customer service.

What Counts as a "Commitment Title"?
Commitment Titles, are Blu-Rays (or DVDs) which count towards your commitment of purchasing 2-3 titles within 24 months. Typically any title that is $19.95 or higher will count towards your commitment.
If a title is over $39.94 it will count towards 2 commitment titles; if it's over $59.94 it will count towards 3 commitment titles; over $79.94 counts as 4 and over $99.94 it counts as 5.

Can I order both commitment titles at the same time and save on S/H?
Generally, you will not purchase the 2 at the same time due to "buy 1, get X% off other movies" promos, since only titles priced above $19.95 count towards your commitment.

I completed my commitment, now what?
Once you've completed your commitment you have a few options available to you. You can continue to be a member and take advantage of various sales. You can call (1-717-918-3232) and let them know you want to cancel -- though it is usually much easier to use the contact form and cancel that way. It is recommended that if you've completed your commitment and are going to cancel, that you wait until you've received all of your titles before doing so, just to make sure everything gets processed and is in the condition expected and then use the contact form.

Where do the orders ship from?
It appears that CH ships everything from Hanover, PA.

What shipping method is used?
Packages are typically delivered via USPS Standard Mail, and usually do not come with a delivery confirmation / tracking number unless you contact customer service and request one, even then it's slightly YMMV.

I ordered on X and my order is still processing!?
Before your order will ship they need to validate your information and that they have the items in stock. This can take a little bit of time, especially with the assumed increase in sign-ups due to this thread . We've seen orders take anywhere from hours to weeks, though after a few days you may want to contact customer service.

One (or more) of my enrollment titles are back-ordered... now what?
If one (or more) titles in your enrollment order are back-ordered they can prevent the order from shipping for up to 9 business days. After that cutoff date if the title(s) are still not in stock they'll ship the rest of the enrollment order that is in stock. This is only for enrollment orders! For normal or commitment orders they'll be shipped if their in stock and paid for.

How do the Directors Selection Titles work?
Roughly every 3 weeks (and then a few extra times a year), CH will send out a Directors Selection Title(s). You have until a certain date (specified in the mailer) to contact CH and let them know you don't want the title. If you do not contact them you will be charged the full amount and the title will be shipped to you. You can contact CH to let them know you don't want the title online, by regular mail or by calling customer service.

I just signed up and when I log in I'm told I've already responded to the Directors Selection title?
Depending on when you sign up, the system may automatically put you down as "Declined" for a Directors Selection, due to the fact that you weren't a member when the Directors Selection title was announced/offered.

Where do I set my account to automatically decline Directors Selection
There is no way for you to set your account so that it will automatically decline all Directors Selection titles. However once you've fulfilled your commitment, you can use the Contact form to request your account be set it to always decline Directors Selections.

Can I have two accounts in CH at the same time?
BR.com members have reported that you can have two accounts active at the same time (same addresses, etc), but use a different username/password. Also, once you've reached your commitment you could potentially cancel an account and re-join using the same information (though it appears CH is doing some additional checks before approving multiple accounts)

I'm from _____ can I join Columbia House?
At this membership to Columbia House is limited to customers residing in the contiguous United States and may be withdrawn at any time. Residents of Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. territories, APO and FPO addresses will receive a separate offers.

Do titles which initially came with slips, still come with them?
It's pretty much a YMMV., some members have had success getting slipcovers, others have not :\

I joined, but now I'm having second thoughts and want to cancel?
Columbia House offers what they call a 'Risk Free Offer', which means when your initial order ships to you it will include a copy of the membership agreement. Within 10 days of receiving your initial order you can cancel by returning all titles (unopened). CH will pay for the shipping and you will be credited/refunded.

Do I have to have a credit/debit card to join?
No, you can select the "Bill Me" option when you sign-up which will allow you to join without actually having a credit/debit card.

What is the S/H Fee per title?
It appears that the S/H Fee per title (initial order excluded) is $2.99 for the first title and $1.99 for each title after that. Box Sets and Multi-Disc selections are slightly different with 3 disc selections being $5.99 S/H; 4 disc selections being $6.99 and 5+ disc selections being $7.99
In addition to the S/H fee you will be charged sales tax, based upon the rate for your state.

How does the Bill Me payment option work?
When your title(s) ship you'll have an invoice with them. At that time you can pay by Credit Card, Check and/or Paypal.

When I go to the website I only get 3 titles for $1 each promo, whats gives?
Clear your cookies (and quite possibly your entire browser cache) and then follow this link typically works for the 6 for .49 cents each promo.

What are Bonus Points, and what are they good for?
For each regular (not free) priced movie you purchase you will earn 2 bonus points. 1 Bonus Point is good for $1. Bonus Points can then be redeemed towards a movie, though you have to have enough points to cover the entire cost of the movie's MSRP.

CH in the past used to have special Manufactured by Columbia House type branding, do they still do that?
CH no longer does this, well at least for their DVD's and BDs.

Credits:
- HyperRealist for starting this thread.
- abintra for compiling a list of eligible enrollment titles.
- Allforce, Beast, chad_1138, Cinemach, frogmort, growler, i_bleed_Cubby_Blu, Jazzsoda, larry47591, mport5150, Mr. Cinema, ProgKing, RBBrittain, RipleyLV426, shblay, Spidey Blu, The Duke, THELYRICAL1, Zaphod, for answering questions and providing information used in this FAQ.
- [Plus I'm sure I missed a ton... 65 pages was a lot to go through, but Hyper if you know of anyone who has been helpful in answering questions let me know and I'll add them ]

Last edited by HyperRealist; 05-18-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
Power Member

Jan 2011
Tampa, FL

It sounds tempting.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #3

Aug 2009

Guess it's time to finally cancel my account and open a new one. Thanks!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
The Shire
USA

No Digibooks seem to be available, I checked Mutiny on the Bounty, Willy Wonka and the Choc Factory and All of the Presidents Men with no luck, says for members only....for me better off just keeping my account..most of the Blu's on my wishlist are not eligible for the new enrollment...waiting for free shipping & extra 10% off.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
PA

I canceled a long time ago when they stopped doing BOGO.

Here are some of the more expensive titles I found that never drop in price.

The Maltese Falcon
Broken Embraces
An Education
The Stoning of Soraya M.
Coco Before Chanel
The Damned United
The Last Station
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Newer titles

The Inheritance
The Resident
Kites
Kamui Gaiden
Shopping
Dead Awake
True Grit (1969)

Last edited by HyperRealist; 04-16-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Eastfarthing

Do you have to have a credit/debit card for this offer?(I don't have one.)
Thanks!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:21 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
The Shire
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogmort View Post
Thanks!
I would think so.....back in the day you could pay by check, but I think they do it by CC now....
Old 04-16-2011, 10:22 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Wild Wild West

Their site is a pain in the ass, and that's being nice.

I tried to search for "blu-ray" as a key word, thinking it would be the easiest way to see what they had available on blu-ray. No go, the search took me to a sign in page, so I clicked "sign up". That just took me back to the main page, so I just started browsing by category. Then I noticed the price now said $1 each, and I checked the top banner the deal had changed to only 3 DVDs @ $1.00 each.

Just closed the tab & deleted any cookies from them, and let's try this again.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Wild Wild West

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogmort View Post
Thanks!
Do you have PayPal? If so get their debit card, it's free. Actually, better than free as you get 1% cash back on every non-PIN purchase (like online purchases) credited back to your PP account each month. And it makes all sites accessible to your PP account thru the debit card.

Last edited by The Duke; 04-16-2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #10

Dec 2009
Portland Metro Area, Oregon

I bit on this deal and picked up a few titles that I haven't seen for less than $13 each. Figured I'd try to get my money's worth. With the purchase of 2 movies at $19.95 a piece, I'm looking at around $60 for 7 blu-rays and 2 other titles (I can't figure out if they have to be DVDs or not, everything seems to be on sale, so I can't fulfill the commitment yet).

Has anyone done this with Blu-rays yet? Do I have to buy 2 dvds and full price or can they be blu-rays later when the current sale ends?
Old 04-16-2011, 11:22 PM   #11
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Eastfarthing

You don't have to have a credit/debit card. You can select "Bill Me", and that's all you have to do!
Old 04-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #12

Jan 2011
Baltimore

Thanks. I picked up 8 movies. It is a very good deal even after you have to buy 2 more later on.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:43 PM   #13
Power Member

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
Their site is a pain in the ass, and that's being nice.

I tried to search for "blu-ray" as a key word, thinking it would be the easiest way to see what they had available on blu-ray. No go, the search took me to a sign in page, so I clicked "sign up". That just took me back to the main page, so I just started browsing by category. Then I noticed the price now said $1 each, and I checked the top banner the deal had changed to only 3 DVDs @ $1.00 each.

Just closed the tab & deleted any cookies from them, and let's try this again.
+1 Columbia House sux
Old 04-16-2011, 11:46 PM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2010
Redlands, CA

When do i expect to buy the 2 movies? Do i have to buy it at the same time?
Is it really a good deal?
Old 04-16-2011, 11:55 PM   #15

Dec 2010

oh wow this IS tempting...

anyone have a good reason why doing this is a bad idea??

(I used to do CH and BMG back long time ago with CDs and consistently forgot to mail that dumb thing back... but I'll just likely buy 2 more and cancel ASAP).
Old 04-16-2011, 11:56 PM   #16

Jan 2011

The layout and search function of this CH website sucks.

Anything I come across is "members only." I could build up my horror classics maybe...
Old 04-16-2011, 11:59 PM   #17
Power Member

Jul 2008

This has potential to be pretty good, something I'd be interested in even, but man, they really make it a chore to search through for Blu-Rays.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:12 AM   #18
Special Member

Jan 2008
San Diego

Thanks OP.
I just got.
1. Friday 13th
2. Friday 13th 2
3. Friday 13th 3
4. The Covenant
5. High Anxiety
6. History of the World
Old 04-17-2011, 12:25 AM   #19
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
PA

^ You should have took a 7th title for $9.95. Now you have to buy 3 movies from them at high prices. If you bought the 7th you would only have to buy 2 more from them.

Last edited by HyperRealist; 04-17-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:30 AM   #20
Special Member

Jan 2008
San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRealist View Post
^ You should have took a 7th title for $9.95. Now you have to buy 3 movies from them at high prices. If you bought the 7th you would only have to buy 2 more from them.
I did, I forgot to list it. Got Nightmare on Elm St. Original.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals