Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$25.47
19 hrs ago
The Dark Knight Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99
20 hrs ago
Rambo 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
1 hr ago
Batman & Robin 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
11 hrs ago
3 from Hell 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$33.03
4 hrs ago
007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.99

Batman Forever 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Suspiria 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.04

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$35.49

Psycho: Complete 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

View Poll Results: Which team will win this year's NBA Championship?
Golden State Warriors in 4 games 3 8.33%
Golden State Warriors in 5 games 7 19.44%
Golden State Warriors in 6 games 10 27.78%
Golden State Warriors in 7 games 1 2.78%
Toronto Raptors in 4 games 0 0%
Toronto Raptors in 5 games 0 0%
Toronto Raptors in 6 games 3 8.33%
Toronto Raptors in 7 games 12 33.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2019, 03:31 PM   #71841
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008
CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
Pretty different sports though.
different sports has nothing to do with it though.

how can it be deemed professional in one sport but not in another?

if the nba were to deem it a hazard or something then i could at least understand their argument.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:38 PM   #71842
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

They made the decision last May but this was the official announcement since the season starts in a month. Just another dumb rule. I am sure soon enough someone is going to say its racial though if they haven't already

I hope you Warriors fans have ended your self imposed moratorium on trashing KD now because this fool is S-O-F-T
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ate-circus-nba
Old 09-10-2019, 07:29 PM   #71843
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008
CT

Quote:
Pretty different sports though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
They made the decision last May but this was the official announcement since the season starts in a month. Just another dumb rule. I am sure soon enough someone is going to say its racial though if they haven't already

I hope you Warriors fans have ended your self imposed moratorium on trashing KD now because this fool is S-O-F-T
i cant say i dont agree with some parts of what he's saying...the fan backlash was expected and he should understand that. but this part seems a bit unprofessional imo

""Such a venomous toxic feeling when I walked into that arena [after joining the Warriors]," Durant told the WSJ. "And just the organization, the trainers and equipment managers, those dudes is pissed off at me? Ain't talking to me? I'm like, 'Yo, this is where we going with this? Because I left a team and went to play with another team?'
Old 09-10-2019, 08:54 PM   #71844
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

He certainly has some valid points but they get lost in his history of whining, the totality of it all.
He hasn't been back to the Bay Area since announcing his decision to sign with BKN, had to have assistants pack his place up for him? Come on man.
I don't even think Warriors fans were ever even that mad, knew he was basically a mercenary, chasing a ring. That team will always be Steph/Klay/Draymond to the fans anyway, maybe that's why he's so sensitive all the time. I wouldn't be surprised at some point if someone, probably Draymond, dropped a jab or two over the course of the season.
I just don't think he will ever see that it was the way he left OKC that left such a bad taste in peoples mouths, just lacks a little self awareness. Shame too because I go back and forth on liking him.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:00 PM   #71845
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2012
Novato, CA

I can't tell by the article which team he's pissed off at. It has to be OKC, right? But in the beginning of the article it says he has no plans to return to the Bay Area?
Old 09-10-2019, 09:29 PM   #71846
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

This is what he said about the Bay Area

Quote:
The two-time champion and Finals MVP hasn't been back to the Bay Area -- and has no plans to return -- since suffering a ruptured Achilles tendon during Game 5 of the NBA Finals in Toronto. He told The Wall Street Journal that he even had staffers pack up his apartment.

He knew his time with the Warriors was over.

"It didn't feel as great as it could have been," Durant told the WSJ.

Durant pins that on fan anxiety, media speculation and the "business" of the NBA, which he finds to be the ugly side of the league.
The more venomous stuff (that lacit quoted) was directed at OKC
Old 09-10-2019, 10:38 PM   #71847
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2012
Novato, CA

Quote:
This is what he said about the Bay Area

The more venomous stuff (that lacit quoted) was directed at OKC
Seems to contradict a little what he said earlier that he harbors no ill feeling towards the team for giving him the go ahead to start game 5. Otherwise, if he simply holds ill feeling for the way he was treated there, or the way the media portrayed him, then he's not going to be happy anywhere.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:20 PM   #71848
Special Member

Dec 2014
Superunknown

Its easy to call Durant soft and tell him to get over it, but i get where hes coming from regarding the fan backlash. Yes it was to be excepted but its no sense in taking it to the extremes people do. It's just entertainment after all.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:25 AM   #71849
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2007
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacit170 View Post
different sports has nothing to do with it though.

how can it be deemed professional in one sport but not in another?

if the nba were to deem it a hazard or something then i could at least understand their argument.
Well there's no one that can yank your headband in tennis.

Quote:

We have no reason to hate on KD. He's been great for us.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:04 AM   #71850
Expert Member

Jan 2017
USA

I had said I thought the ninja headbands were annoying. People were just wearing them because they thought it made them look cool and “street”.

I don’t believe the NBA actually considered them a hazard. They probably thought the same thing I did and stopped them just because.

As for Durant he’s partly right. Any high profile job must get tiresome from to time. He should stop voicing everything though because it’s exactly what critics want...to know they got under his skin.
Thanks given by:
Lacit170 (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 01:02 PM   #71851
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2012
Denmark

Y'all are done in the world cup of basketballs.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:09 PM   #71852
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
The Center of Smoked Bacon Research

Quote:
Don't think NBAers give a damn
Old 09-11-2019, 01:16 PM   #71853
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011

Quote:
I didn't follow this tournament too closely. I did read that the US qualified for the Olympics so I guess that’s the expected goal and why the “A” squad had no intentions of playing. It should be expected that we’ll lose if we don’t send a good squad. I read about Serbia’s roster and a team like that could absolutely beat a poorly built US squad.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:17 PM   #71854
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2012
Denmark

I know that y'all 'murcans usually care more about the olympics, but I think it's embarrassing that you can't come out and thump the world, the way you really should, given the difference in talent level.

Of course, Canada should get their act together, too. They'd have the second-best line-up (perhaps not TEAM, but definitely talent-wise) in the world if everyone played.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:18 PM   #71855
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2012
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by West E View Post
I read about Serbia’s roster and a team like that could absolutely beat a poorly built US squad.
Defensively, it's a been fine squad. They just haven't been able to score a lot of points. Rudy Gobert crapped all over you guys today.

Serbia lost to Argentina yesterday, so maybe they'll actually face the US in a classification game
Old 09-11-2019, 01:55 PM   #71856
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011

Quote:
Defensively, it's a been fine squad. They just haven't been able to score a lot of points. Rudy Gobert crapped all over you guys today.

Serbia lost to Argentina yesterday, so maybe they'll actually face the US in a classification game
Its always come down to jumpshots right? We’ve thrown these squads out there that can win dunk contests but when they face a Euro-zone they’re done for. I dont know if that was the case or not but the roster didnt seem like a great shooting one. Euros still play midrange too.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:43 PM   #71857
Power Member

May 2010
Australia

Aussies are undefeated and just beat Czech Republic to make the semi's to face the also-undefeated Spain.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:35 PM   #71858
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

Fans really never care about the World Cup or qualifiers, just the Olympics. And yes while the world has gotten better, these World Cup teams are always thrown together and like 90% of them won't be on the Olympic squad. We talked about this weeks ago. Come time for the Olympic squad to assemble, you'll start seeing all the major NBA guys commit (which isn't fair to the WC team guys) because its a bigger stage, they want the Olympic gold medal, no one (in America at least) cares about or remembers who won a World Cup gold medal.
I am just hoping this doesn't lead to one of those "wake up call" Olympics like 2004 Greece, that was an embarrassing showing.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:17 PM   #71859
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008
CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefbowl View Post
Well there's no one that can yank your headband in tennis.

We have no reason to hate on KD. He's been great for us.
that was my point, dont deem the headband "unprofessional" when it is literally used in another professional league. just say its a hazard or whatever.

Quote:
Fans really never care about the World Cup or qualifiers, just the Olympics. And yes while the world has gotten better, these World Cup teams are always thrown together and like 90% of them won't be on the Olympic squad. We talked about this weeks ago. Come time for the Olympic squad to assemble, you'll start seeing all the major NBA guys commit (which isn't fair to the WC team guys) because its a bigger stage, they want the Olympic gold medal, no one (in America at least) cares about or remembers who won a World Cup gold medal.
I am just hoping this doesn't lead to one of those "wake up call" Olympics like 2004 Greece, that was an embarrassing showing.
i do agree with whoever said it, Naeira?, its still embarrassing for us to lose regardless of who is out there. they are still nba players and expected to win. even if it is a pretty sorry roster compared to what we could be fielding.

i saw we lost to France this morning and felt a bit of disappointment simply because this is a US dominant sport regardless.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:29 PM   #71860
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

I agree to an extent but the rosters for these are always hastily assembled. On this one 3 or 4 players dropped out the week before leaving for China.
They need to get commitments from these guys as far as if you want to play in the Olympics, you are going to have to commit to World Cup and qualifying tourneys but I know that will be a tough sell in the modern NBA.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports