Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Friends: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.49
13 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
13 hrs ago
Rambo 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.00
14 hrs ago
3 from Hell 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$25.47

Night of the Living Dead (Blu-ray)
$14.41
11 hrs ago
The Cure: Curætion 25 + Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$67.99
12 hrs ago
Shazam!: The Complete Live Action Series (Blu-ray)
$29.91
2 hrs ago
007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.99

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Suspiria 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.04

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$35.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Movies Anywhere

Old 09-10-2019, 07:02 PM   #9141

Dec 2011
Ontario, Canada

Not being in the States, I’m curious about the MA redemption process. Does every MA code allow you to choose between any of the MA partners for redemption? And, if one were to choose iTunes for redemption, do the generated iTunes codes work for iTunes Canada as well?

I ask because I see that the upcoming release of Sony’s Spider-Man FFH here in The Great White will be sans digital code. I’m hoping that if I buy an MA code I’ll be able to redeem in iTunes Canada. Thank you!
Old 09-10-2019, 07:23 PM   #9142
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmckinl View Post
Not being in the States, I’m curious about the MA redemption process. Does every MA code allow you to choose between any of the MA partners for redemption? And, if one were to choose iTunes for redemption, do the generated iTunes codes work for iTunes Canada as well?

I ask because I see that the upcoming release of Sony’s Spider-Man FFH here in The Great White will be sans digital code. I’m hoping that if I buy an MA code I’ll be able to redeem in iTunes Canada. Thank you!
Movies Anywhere is a locker system.

MA does not dictate where a title redeems - the studios do (MA, iTunes, Vudu, FN, etc.) with different titles (or even different releases of the same title) having different redemption options from the same studio.

I believe that, with a few possible exceptions, no US iTunes codes will redeem in iTunes Canada - but again that would vary by studio and has nothing to do with MA.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #9143

Dec 2011
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBrowncoat View Post
Movies Anywhere is a locker system.

MA does not dictate where a title redeems - the studios do (MA, iTunes, Vudu, FN, etc.) with different titles (or even different releases of the same title) having different redemption options from the same studio.

I believe that, with a few possible exceptions, no US iTunes codes will redeem in iTunes Canada - but again that would vary by studio and has nothing to do with MA.
I understand MA is a locker system. I'll be more precise in my wording then: when one receives an MA code, does one go to the MA site to redeem it? What does one then see: a list of the various retailers (iTunes, VUDU, Amazon, etc.) that one can choose for redemption? If so, which studios provide iTunes as an MA redemption option? Thank you.

In my past experience typically there is no differentiation between Canada and the US when it comes to iTunes codes... but I don't know if that's changed when it comes to redeeming via MA.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:11 PM   #9144
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmckinl View Post
I understand MA is a locker system. I'll be more precise in my wording then: when one receives an MA code, does one go to the MA site to redeem it? What does one then see: a list of the various retailers (iTunes, VUDU, Amazon, etc.) that one can choose for redemption? If so, which studios provide iTunes as an MA redemption option? Thank you.

In my past experience typically there is no differentiation between Canada and the US when it comes to iTunes codes... but I don't know if that's changed when it comes to redeeming via MA.
Movies Anywhere also hosts content that can be streamed directly from Movies Anywhere so more than a locker system. MA has it's own app on some platforms hosting bonus content and transfers that are sometimes different than other vendors (in some cases a movie is correct aspect ratio on one vendor or Movies Anywhere but different in other vendors). Codes can be input either directly into Movies Anywhere or into any one of the component vendors. Redemption into MA is native to MA and does not redirect you. Once redeemed anywhere it ports everywhere connected.

Depending on the studio there are sometimes limitations placed on where codes can be redeemed (for example Sony, Warner Brothers, and Universal can NOT redeem directly into iTunes). I think Paramount, HBO, and Lionsgate are the only studios that typically allow for iTunes redeem - and none of them are Movies Anywhere compatible. Disney allows for redeem into iTunes, but that's usually not preferred since iTunes does not host any Disney UHD (in part due to the free upgrades). In fact I think iTunes it the one vendor less likely to accept direct code entry, I suspect because iTunes offers free UHD upgrades (apparently because HD is the highest quality for downloads everything above HD is offered free), so usually the codes can go into MA direct, Vudu, FandangoNow, or maybe Google Play.

Some have advised redeeming codes directly from your favorite vendor because that vendor marks it as owned independent of Movies Anywhere so if there's some break in linkage it's still native to that preferred vendor.
Thanks given by:
bdmckinl (09-10-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 08:20 PM   #9145

Dec 2011
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
Depending on the studio there are sometimes limitations placed on where codes can be redeemed (for example Sony, Warner Brothers, and Universal can NOT redeem directly into iTunes). I think Paramount, HBO, and Lionsgate are the only studios that typically allow for iTunes redeem - and none of them are Movies Anywhere compatible. Disney allows for redeem into iTunes, but that's usually not preferred since iTunes does not host any Disney UHD (in part due to the free upgrades). In fact I think iTunes it the one vendor less likely to accept direct code entry, I suspect because iTunes offers free UHD upgrades (apparently because HD is the highest quality for downloads everything above HD is offered free), so usually the codes can go into MA direct, Vudu, FandangoNow, or maybe Google Play.
This was extremely helpful - thank you kindly!
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 01:17 PM   #9146

Oct 2008
TEXAS!

Couple of things this morning.

1) I noticed today that two of my connected retailers (Vudu & Google Play) were listed as "Needs Updates", but were still connected. I'd never seen "Needs Updates" before. What's that about? What is there to update if they're already connected?

https://imgur.com/vECYWb0

2) I also picked up all the 4k Pixar Blu-Rays on Tuesday, and redeemed all the codes. It all worked fine except for Inside Out. The other seven (Cars, Cars 2, Nemo, Dory, Good Dinosaur, Brave, & Ratatouille) all redeemed at 4k, and populated out to the other connected retailers in 4k where they have it. But Inside Out only did at HD level. I thought it was a problem, so I tried the disconnect/reconnect thing (which is when I discovered #1). Still HD. Oddly enough, Inside Out shows I own 4k, but it won't play that way. I saw this document in their help area - specifically about Inside Out.

https://help.moviesanywhere.com/hc/e...t-a-later-date

Does anyone have any idea why that is? I've (personally) never seen a film that you can redeem the code in 4k, yet not get 4k viewing rights. To finish this, it did populate out to the connected retailers at HD.

As a side note, when did the update on Vudu, about a dozen various films came through the connection and now show at the top of my purchase history in MA and other retailers. Thanks Vudu.

Last edited by Joe Siegler; 09-11-2019 at 01:31 PM.
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 02:33 PM   #9147

Aug 2008
Philadelphia, PA USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post

1) I noticed today that two of my connected retailers (Vudu & Google Play) were listed as "Needs Updates", but were still connected. I'd never seen "Needs Updates" before. What's that about? What is there to update if they're already connected?

2) I also picked up all the 4k Pixar Blu-Rays on Tuesday, and redeemed all the codes. It all worked fine except for Inside Out. The other seven (Cars, Cars 2, Nemo, Dory, Good Dinosaur, Brave, & Ratatouille) all redeemed at 4k, and populated out to the other connected retailers in 4k where they have it. But Inside Out only did at HD level. I thought it was a problem, so I tried the disconnect/reconnect thing (which is when I discovered #1). Still HD. Oddly enough, Inside Out shows I own 4k, but it won't play that way. I saw this document in their help area - specifically about Inside Out.

https://help.moviesanywhere.com/hc/e...t-a-later-date

Does anyone have any idea why that is? I've (personally) never seen a film that you can redeem the code in 4k, yet not get 4k viewing rights. To finish this, it did populate out to the connected retailers at HD.

As a side note, when did the update on Vudu, about a dozen various films came through the connection and now show at the top of my purchase history in MA and other retailers. Thanks Vudu.
Interesting. I checked my MA account this morning and noticed that Amazon, Vudu and Google Play retailers need an update as well. I did find this Help article though which might explain it.

https://help.moviesanywhere.com/hc/e...er-connections
Thanks given by:
AZBrowncoat (09-11-2019), Joe Siegler (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 02:36 PM   #9148
Blu-ray Baron

May 2011
Parts Unknown - because I blabbed about Mars!
-
-

Quote:

I just checked and see the same "update" for iTunes.

Whereas, Microsoft is flat out not connected anymore - something that has consistently been an issue with MS for me. Glad I never use them.

Xfinity was never connected, and the rest are fine for me.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:39 PM   #9149
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007

Amazon Prime and Google Play needed updates for me.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:32 PM   #9150
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009

Now I see this quote for ITunes on the ITunes link on my Andriod.
"Please use an ITunes compatible to connect your account to Itunes"...
Old 09-11-2019, 07:34 PM   #9151
Expert Member

Jan 2017

Quote:
For a while any disconnecting/reconnecting of Vudu from MA results in your entire library reimporting and as you found out it will mess up the order. Not sure if this is how it will always be but it does suck since it seems you have to reconnect to get certain titles to show as they gain MA status.
Thanks given by:
Joe Siegler (09-11-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 01:01 PM   #9152

Apr 2017

Quote:
Some have advised redeeming codes directly from your favorite vendor because that vendor marks it as owned independent of Movies Anywhere so if there's some break in linkage it's still native to that preferred vendor.
It also means you can later link to a different MA account and import them into that locker too. If they are only "owned" in your MA locker, they can't get owned in another account in the future. If you abuse that functionality, they may take action, but it might let you "pass down" a digital collection to a child, for instance.

In the case of a broken link, I believe you'd generally get to keep watching the MA movies that had been linked until you later link to a different MA account.
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 07:14 PM   #9153

Jul 2014
Omicron Persei 8

I realized we're about a month away from the 2-year Anniversary launch of Movies Anywhere.... you think they'll throw us a freebie to celebrate like they did last year? Even if I already own the title, I think it'd be a pretty awesome gesture for them to continue offering every year.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:36 AM   #9154
Special Member

Jul 2012
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Nim View Post
Any Disneyphiles know what "DMI" might stand for? Disney Marvel Inc.? Disney Movies International? Could also be internal and nothing will come of it.
This turned out to be the new DMR, Disney Movie Insiders. Still waiting on Verizon.

Looks like you will be able to use Apple's new 'Sign In With Apple' feature in the future.

So it's been almost two years. How is it I still can't delete a profile? Why can't I change my e-mail address? Why do I get asked if I'm a robot when I'm trying to sign in? Are there really a bunch of bots trying to log into MA accounts where you can't make purchases or do anything of substance?

Last edited by Zu Nim; 09-13-2019 at 01:12 AM.
Thanks given by:
abbottd (09-13-2019), crackedknee (09-14-2019), MoWeb (09-13-2019), papamarg (09-13-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 10:38 AM   #9155
Expert Member

Mar 2013
Marvel Universe

Quote:
This turned out to be the new DMR, Disney Movie Insiders. Still waiting on Verizon.

Looks like you will be able to use Apple's new 'Sign In With Apple' feature in the future.

So it's been almost two years. How is it I still can't delete a profile? Why can't I change my e-mail address? Why do I get asked if I'm a robot when I'm trying to sign in? Are there really a bunch of bots trying to log into MA accounts where you can't make purchases or do anything of substance?
Not to mention no additional studios or TV. Still the same since its inception.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:06 PM   #9156
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
I'm actually quite pleased about DMI. It'd be great if Sony and Universal followed suit for their rewards programs.

Quote:
UGH! Almost (okay, not really) makes me wish I had waited to get an MA account just for this.

Quote:
I agree with the profile, as I've been thinking that's stupid for years, but I didn't know you couldn't change your e-mail?
Old 09-13-2019, 06:11 PM   #9157
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2013
Sahuarita, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
I agree with the profile, as I've been thinking that's stupid for years, but I didn't know you couldn't change your e-mail?
This is what makes it possible to easily "share" MA accounts and w/different users having access to connect their account (ie - someone else using your MA to connect their Amazon, Microsoft, Google, iTunes or etc).

For example, I have a friend that ONLY purchases from Amazon so their Amazon account is connected to my MA - win, win.

If I could find someone that only uses Xfinity, or Microsoft I could do the same with them being to login and add themselves without worries of the account being 'hijacked'.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:19 PM   #9158
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBrowncoat View Post
This is what makes it possible to easily "share" MA accounts and w/different users having access to connect their account (ie - someone else using your MA to connect their Amazon, Microsoft, Google, iTunes or etc).

For example, I have a friend that ONLY purchases from Amazon so their Amazon account is connected to my MA - win, win.

If I could find someone that only uses Xfinity, or Microsoft I could do the same with them being to login and add themselves without worries of the account being 'hijacked'.
Unfortunately, it could be a major issue for people whose primary e-mail accounts are with their ISP, like me.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:07 PM   #9159

Feb 2014

Quote:
4ksheet has a column stating '#s at the bottom of the sheet to confirm UHD,' for example 2358535EUV listing on Martian Extended redeems UHD where other codes are HD only.
Where in the slip do you find that number?

I have The Martian: Extended Edition 4K and 4ksheets is asking me to look for that number on the code slip, but there’s no number to be found, either that or I just don’t know where to look.

Does that mean redeeming this will not get me UHD even redeeming on Vudu? (iTunes doesn’t have the enxtended version in 4K yet)
Old 09-15-2019, 07:45 PM   #9160
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
My Home
-
-

New email from MA

Quote:
To maintain the full Movies Anywhere experience, we need you to renew your consent to allow us to share Video Data with your connected digital retailers, participating studios, and our service providers.

You'll also have the opportunity to update your digital retailer connections to avoid any interruption to your Movies Anywhere service, so you can continue watching your movies across your favorite platforms, wherever and whenever you want.

It’s an easy update – and we’ll walk you through it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Movies Anywhere