Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.99
21 hrs ago
Suspiria 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.04
14 hrs ago
Psycho: Complete 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$33.99
45 min ago
Ultraman Geed (Blu-ray)
$21.72
7 hrs ago
Ultraman Orb (Blu-ray)
$21.72
7 hrs ago
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$42.74

Millennium Actress (Blu-ray)
$19.96
11 hrs ago
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Ultraseven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.99

The Bourne Classified Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 09-10-2019, 11:14 PM   #65721

Dec 2015
Lake Wales, FL

Nightbreed is awesome.

That is all.
Thanks given by:
Catastrophe (09-11-2019), Hecatomb (09-11-2019), HenryHill (09-11-2019), Keyser Soze. (09-11-2019), kraven (09-10-2019), MTRodaba2468 (09-11-2019), NeMo_ET (09-11-2019), postmodel (09-11-2019), ProfondoRosso (09-11-2019), Respectjuice (09-11-2019), Ruemorgue10 (09-10-2019), TripleHBK (09-11-2019), TwiStedByDeSign86 (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 02:06 AM   #65722
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
Nightbreed is awesome.

That is all.
I'd never watched the film until Scream Factory released their LE set. Nightbreed has the distinct honor of being the first film that I watched and immediately upon finishing it wanted to watch it again. Not so much because I was blown away by it... but more so because it just felt like there was so much packed into the film that I simply didn't pick up on or understand during my initial viewing that the next day I watched the film again.

It's a hard film to recommend, but it's a film that I have a strange affinity for despite not having any nostalgia for it. I wouldn't argue with anyone that claims it's over-hyped, but its been a fun viewing experience for me each time I've watched it, so I guess you could call me a fan.
Thanks given by:
DR Herbert West (09-11-2019), KenHurd (09-11-2019), Keyser Soze. (09-11-2019), MTRodaba2468 (09-11-2019), NeMo_ET (09-11-2019), postmodel (09-11-2019), RedHarvest (09-11-2019), Respectjuice (09-11-2019), trentdiesel (09-11-2019), TwiStedByDeSign86 (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 04:50 AM   #65723
Banned

May 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post
That was the pre-order price at DiabolikDVD.

EDIT: I guess I paid closer to $80 by pre-ordering at DiabolikDVD. Still far too much. There was a lot hype for NIGHTBREED. Which is completely undeserved. Just like THE KEEP, the fact that its was hard to track down gave it a holy grail mystique despite the films being a bit of mess.
love diabolik. better than a scalper.

I'll say I got it for $55 on amazon, and while I don't love nightbreed, it remains an interesting movie with the two cuts.

a lot of complaints seem to be about what they thought the movie would be and not what the movie is. like lord of illusions, I think it is a flawed and uneven movie. but I would take that over a lot of the mindless sequels that have come out.

so I'd say it was an expensive gamble. but I think it goes to show how spoiled we are with movies. nightbreed is a serviceable and entertaining movie, but it's not mind blowingly fantastic like that first time we all saw hellraiser. so because it's not on the same level, it feels like a disappointment.
Thanks given by:
oilers73 (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 06:28 AM   #65724
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2014

I like Nightbreed but don't love it. Im happy to own it though.
Thanks given by:
oilers73 (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 12:28 PM   #65725
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Michigan

Was a title even announced last year on Friday the 13th?
Old 09-11-2019, 12:46 PM   #65726
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
Was a title even announced last year on Friday the 13th?
Nothing on 07/13/2018, but they did announce The Tingler and Strait-Jacket on 04/13/2018.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:58 PM   #65727
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveMovieBuff View Post
Nightbreed would've been better had the monsters been evil, scaring the s**t out of everyone before devouring them and the human characters not being so corny. Also, getting rid of the needlessly complex and silly plot of the "monster society" and just kept it simple. David Cronenberg's creepy, bizarre performance is the only real thing I care for with it.
That's kind of what I liked it about it. It was different than typical monster movies. In my mind it wasn't really even a "horror" but more of a fantasy type movie along the lines of (bad comparison) the Neverending Story. It was imaginative and different than what I was expecting given that it was a complete blind buy for me and the first time seeing it was when Shout released it. If it was the typical scary monsters attacking people, it would have fell completely flat and just been more of the same old.
Thanks given by:
oilers73 (09-11-2019), Ruemorgue10 (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 01:38 PM   #65728
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2017
Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeMo_ET View Post
That's kind of what I liked it about it. It was different than typical monster movies. In my mind it wasn't really even a "horror" but more of a fantasy type movie along the lines of (bad comparison) the Neverending Story. It was imaginative and different than what I was expecting given that it was a complete blind buy for me and the first time seeing it was when Shout released it. If it was the typical scary monsters attacking people, it would have fell completely flat and just been more of the same old.
I think all three of Clive Barker's directorial efforts are strikingly unique, in story, theme, and execution. I wish he'd do more films. Hellraiser, Lord of Illusions, and Nightbreed are all favorites for me.
Thanks given by:
mparisi (09-11-2019), NeMo_ET (09-11-2019), oilers73 (09-11-2019), ProfondoRosso (09-12-2019), Syrena (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 01:55 PM   #65729
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander thieu View Post
Two more left day hope a friday the 13th surprised titles this week dream come to true deadly friend director's cut and theatrical version collector's edition include interview Kristy Swanson and eyes of a stranger and bug 1975 and king kong 1976 ce disc two set and orca the killer whale for Barndoor? If a I wonder doubt jeff nelson and cliff macmillian he love get try another deal warner bros maybe sometimes happening this week. Hopefully for more great releases 2020 hammer film and Warner bros and paramount they say already there are steel very really good things. They finally got the keep Michael mann working on blu ray collector's edition include director's cut and theatrical version and deleted scene and extended ending are would be fantastic. I'm very happy can't wait to see them. Looking for mr goodbar have no beatles song there they already also clear music out finally got one.
Iím hoping for Childís Play 2 and 3.
Thanks given by:
Alexander thieu (09-11-2019), xXx$uicide_Ma$terxXx (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 02:40 PM   #65730
Power Member

Jul 2010

Quote:
That's kind of what I liked it about it. It was different than typical monster movies. In my mind it wasn't really even a "horror" but more of a fantasy type movie along the lines of (bad comparison) the Neverending Story.
Exactly! I can understand why the studio didn't know how to market the film back in 1990 because you expect horror from the director of Hellraiser, when in actuality, much of Barker's literary work leans heavily towards fantasy.
Thanks given by:
NeMo_ET (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 02:42 PM   #65731
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHarvest View Post
I think all three of Clive Barker's directorial efforts are strikingly unique, in story, theme, and execution. I wish he'd do more films. Hellraiser, Lord of Illusions, and Nightbreed are all favorites for me.
Agreed. That's why they're some of my favorites as well. Having some sort of mythological, historical, fantasy type element to them make them stand out from the crowd. Are they perfect? No, but they accomplish a lot that other movies don't.
Thanks given by:
oilers73 (09-11-2019), RedHarvest (09-12-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 03:16 PM   #65732
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2014
High up in the KAB lighthouse in Spivey Point

Quote:
I can see what you mean by this. I just think that, basically, the film was intended for a particular audience. Not your usual horror fanbase.
Thanks given by:
NeMo_ET (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #65733
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Western Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frightener22 View Post
I fully expect we'll be seeing Scream tackle Escape from L.A. and Vampire in Brooklyn in order to keep their successful streak of Carpenter and Craven flicks coming.
I agree. Ever since the Paramount deal was confirmed, I've figured that Escape From L.A. HAD to be included, solely based on how much of Carpenter's catalog Shout/Scream have released (they've put out releases of all of his titles except Dark Star, Christine, Escape From L.A., Ghosts of Mars and The Ward).

I actually hadn't thought about Vampire in Brooklyn. They haven't been quite as thorough with Craven as they have with Carpenter, but I could see them going for that one as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Dodge748 View Post
Any chance of a Scream Factory Scream CE? Scream is my favorite slasher by far...
I don't see it happening anytime soon. Lionsgate has those titles due to their current deal with the Miramax library, and they're not known for licensing titles out. If that deal ends or changes, them maybe SF could make a deal with the owners of the library directly.

I'd welcome new releases for the series; there's significant room for improvement with the discs we currently have. Moreso than another horror franchise involving Wes Craven that some of the users in this thread (myself included, to be fair) have hoped Scream would tackle, to be honest.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:14 PM   #65734
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander thieu View Post
We wish that have special edition. But arrow does have universal deal them. I ask arrow video usa child's play 2 and 3 collector's edition there they arrow have with them. Sadly universal don't let chucky movie to scream factory. Arrow finally make child's play 2 and 3 ce for next year.
I would be happy with a CE of Childís Play 2 and 3 regardless of which studio releases them. So Arrow hinted to you in their response to your inquiry that they will release them next year?
Thanks given by:
Alexander thieu (09-11-2019), Trekkie313 (09-12-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 06:56 PM   #65735

Dec 2015
Lake Wales, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
I'd never watched the film until Scream Factory released their LE set. Nightbreed has the distinct honor of being the first film that I watched and immediately upon finishing it wanted to watch it again. Not so much because I was blown away by it... but more so because it just felt like there was so much packed into the film that I simply didn't pick up on or understand during my initial viewing that the next day I watched the film again.

It's a hard film to recommend, but it's a film that I have a strange affinity for despite not having any nostalgia for it. I wouldn't argue with anyone that claims it's over-hyped, but its been a fun viewing experience for me each time I've watched it, so I guess you could call me a fan.
I'm glad you really enjoyed it. I watched it non stop as a kid so the director's cut had me really excited and I loved it. I love both cuts and wish I went for the limited edition.

I like it wasn't a typical "evil monsters on a rampage" movie. I love those kind of movies but I've seen those countless times. This was more complex with more depth and emotion and the finale was extremely rewarding.

I'd love to see something new done with the story (with Barker's involvement of course)
Thanks given by:
TripleHBK (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 07:09 PM   #65736
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
I'm glad you really enjoyed it. I watched it non stop as a kid so the director's cut had me really excited and I loved it. I love both cuts and wish I went for the limited edition.

I like it wasn't a typical "evil monsters on a rampage" movie. I love those kind of movies but I've seen those countless times. This was more complex with more depth and emotion and the finale was extremely rewarding.

I'd love to see something new done with the story (with Barker's involvement of course)
There have been reports of a Nightbreed TV in the works, I believe with Barker's involvement. I also believe the same person who confirmed that Morgan Creek didn't want to give the Cabal Cut to Arrow also said that the main reason was both MC and Barker said no because they want new focus to be on the TV show, rather than an official release of a new cut. This was all in the Occupy Midian Facebook group, however, I can't find the posts. As with many Facebook groups there seems to be some drama over there. Keep in mind this is all stuff I read in that group. I have no connections whatsoever and have no reason to knowingly spread false information! ...just had to add the last part to be safe haha!

https://www.clivebarkercast.com/2019...eed-tv-series/
Old 09-11-2019, 07:38 PM   #65737
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by postmodel View Post
There have been reports of a Nightbreed TV in the works, I believe with Barker's involvement. I also believe the same person who confirmed that Morgan Creek didn't want to give the Cabal Cut to Arrow also said that the main reason was both MC and Barker said no because they want new focus to be on the TV show, rather than an official release of a new cut. This was all in the Occupy Midian Facebook group, however, I can't find the posts. As with many Facebook groups there seems to be some drama over there. Keep in mind this is all stuff I read in that group. I have no connections whatsoever and have no reason to knowingly spread false information! ...just had to add the last part to be safe haha!

If it's true, I'd watch it! Very cool. As much as I like movies, I've really started to like TV series as well. Some of them are quite good and easier to digest when I don't have time for a full movie. A lot of the time these days I find myself having to watch a movie over the course of a couple nights.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:04 PM   #65738
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by postmodel View Post

All I know is that I'd love to see a Nightbreed/Digging up the Marrow crossover film/tv series as I think it'd be a really fun time.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:50 PM   #65739
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

If I had a dime for every time Barker said a TV show or new novel was in the works, I'd be able to afford every Scream release DAY ONE. I love the man, but he's more talk than anything. Been that way for years.
Thanks given by:
fnvmaster (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 09:53 PM   #65740
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012

Does anyone know if preorders placed on SF’s site still get shipped 2 weeks early?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Tags
horror, scream factory, shout factory