Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Flash Gordon 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 hr ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 hr ago
Weathering with You (Blu-ray)
$22.99
22 hrs ago
Léon: The Professional 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
14 hrs ago
Onward 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.00
3 hrs ago
Why the Hell Are You Here, Teacher!?: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.99
1 hr ago
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 hr ago
The Gentlemen 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Titans: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 hr ago
The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction

Old 05-31-2020, 07:54 PM   #421
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Central Florida
Default The Space Saving Rotating CD/DVD Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagios View Post
How about this one!?

Created for Hammacher Schlemmer, this is the spinning media storage tower that holds over 1,000 CDs and up to 832 Blu-rays, 476 DVDs, or 280 VHS cassettes in less than 4' sq. of floor space. It occupies just a 26 1/2" diam. footprint and rotates 360° on 11 stainless steel ball bearings to provide convenient access on all four sides. Ideal for those with large CD or DVD collections, the rotating DVD storage tower has 28 adjustable 5 1/4" deep shelves that can be raised or lowered allowing you to create custom storage configurations. Constructed from engineered wood with a laminate finish, it’s balanced for smooth rotation and features an unobtrusive profile. Assembly required. Black. 50" H x 26 1/2" Diam. (49 3/4 lbs.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmfan73 View Post
That looks fantastic as someone that wants to take back so much of the square footage of my house dedicated to 3,000 + movies on disc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Never found spinner saved a lot of space. They're shaped differently so may fit into certain spaces better, but they often take up more sq footage/disc than a typical wall unit
I owned a couple units similar to these. Had them stacked in a spot where your typical wall unit wasn't an option. These bad boys are 50" tall though. No stacking these puppies unless you have cathedral ceilings.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:01 PM   #422
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishParadise View Post
I owned a couple units similar to these. Had them stacked in a spot where your typical wall unit wasn't an option. These bad boys are 50" tall though. No stacking these puppies unless you have cathedral ceilings.
Typically you're not suppose to stack rotating media racks anyway, and the manufacturer do not recommend it because it's unsafe. The top rack can lose its balance when it's being rotated and tip over, and the weight will eventually weaken the bottom rack overtime and collapse. If they're not made to be stackable I wouldn't stack them.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:54 AM   #423
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Central Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Typically you're not suppose to stack rotating media racks anyway, and the manufacturer do not recommend it because it's unsafe. The top rack can lose its balance when it's being rotated and tip over, and the weight will eventually weaken the bottom rack overtime and collapse. If they're not made to be stackable I wouldn't stack them.
It's about exercising good judgement. The ones I had were extremely stable, very well made. They were stacked the entire time I owned them, 15 years or so. They were just as solid the day I sold them as when I had bought them new. You could jump up and down right next to them and they wouldn't budge. There's was absolutely no tippping them over short of tackling them. Again, it's all about exercising good judgement. Not everyone needs their hand held.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction