Best 4K Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Flash Gordon 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Onward 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.00
4 hrs ago
Léon: The Professional 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
15 hrs ago
Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.99
2 hrs ago
The Gentlemen 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Seven Worlds, One Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Requiem for a Dream 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.99
 
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
1 hr ago
Ready Player One 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
3 hrs ago
Midway 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.95
 
Up 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.00
3 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2020, 07:41 PM   #9901
ToEhrIsHuman ToEhrIsHuman is offline
Senior Member
 
ToEhrIsHuman's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
San Diego, CA USA
218
741
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
The open beta changes were not removed when it became official. You still need all your HDMI path devices to support HDR10+ for it to show up in extended info.
Watched JAWS in HDR10+ last night and it was fab!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
GenPion (06-04-2020), HDTV1080P (06-03-2020)
Old 06-05-2020, 08:03 PM   #9902
tomricci tomricci is offline
Active Member
 
Jan 2010
New York
6
Default

Well I’m now having problems playing Fox 4k discs on both my OPPO 203 players. Including all the Daniel Craig 4k discs, Dark Phoenix and others either the players can’t read them at all or freeze up while playing. There needs to be a firmware update to correct this problem now that I know it’s not just one player having this exact problem.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 08:21 PM   #9903
JohnAV JohnAV is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
JohnAV's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester
162
743
61
233
31
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomricci View Post
Well I’m now having problems playing Fox 4k discs on both my OPPO 203 players. Including all the Daniel Craig 4k discs, Dark Phoenix and others either the players can’t read them at all or freeze up while playing. There needs to be a firmware update to correct this problem now that I know it’s not just one player having this exact problem.
If you have 4K discs that play ok and some that don't you have to look at this as what is the issue. Is it a custom settings that you can reset to defaults and reboot that now allows this to work? Is it persistence memory that you need to clear before inserting media? Is it dirty disc’s that you see something under a bright light you need to clean off. There been comments in the Danial Craig 4K thread about that set having issues. I popped in Dark Phoenix 4K just now, it starts up fine. You can contact Oppo using their contact form in case they have a simple reset calibration* of the optical loader for you to do.

*reload optical loader unit's calibration data

Last edited by JohnAV; Yesterday at 02:11 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:23 AM   #9904
Oniiz86 Oniiz86 is offline
Member
 
Aug 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
If you have 4K discs that play ok and some that don't you have to look at this as what is the issue. Is it a custom settings that you can reset to defaults and reboot that now allows this to work? Is it persistence memory that you need to clear before inserting media? Is it dirty disc’s that you see something under a bright light you need to clean off. There been comments in the Danial Craig 4K thread about that set having issues. I popped in Dark Phoenix 4K just now, it starts up fine. You can contact Oppo using their contact form in case they have a simple reset calibration* of the optical loader for you to do.

*reload optical loader unit's calibration data
Yes, I can attest to this as I had an unusual optical loader unit problem around 9 months ago & OPPO advised one final solution before replacing the optical laser assembly unit & they mentioned reloading the optical loader unit's calibration data as a possible resolve, lo & behold it fixed my problem it's been fine ever since
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM   #9905
tomricci tomricci is offline
Active Member
 
Jan 2010
New York
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniiz86 View Post
Yes, I can attest to this as I had an unusual optical loader unit problem around 9 months ago & OPPO advised one final solution before replacing the optical laser assembly unit & they mentioned reloading the optical loader unit's calibration data as a possible resolve, lo & behold it fixed my problem it's been fine ever since
And how Do I reloading the optical loader unit's calibration data ?
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM   #9906
JohnAV JohnAV is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
JohnAV's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester
162
743
61
233
31
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomricci View Post
And how Do I reloading the optical loader unit's calibration data ?
You first need to correspond with Oppo, not something you do on your own. Use the link.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM   #9907
Oniiz86 Oniiz86 is offline
Member
 
Aug 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomricci View Post
And how Do I reloading the optical loader unit's calibration data ?
Yes, you must get in touch with OPPO, give them your Serial Number & then they will give you a zipped file with instructions on how to proceed to reflash the optical loader's calibration data, this process is a simple one, hopefully you will be successful.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:57 AM.