Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Flash Gordon 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Onward 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.00
4 hrs ago
Léon: The Professional 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
15 hrs ago
Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.99
2 hrs ago
The Gentlemen 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Seven Worlds, One Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Requiem for a Dream 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
1 hr ago
Ready Player One 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
3 hrs ago
Midway 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.95

Up 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.00
3 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology

Old 06-02-2020, 07:41 PM   #9901

Jun 2007
San Diego, CA USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
The open beta changes were not removed when it became official. You still need all your HDMI path devices to support HDR10+ for it to show up in extended info.
Watched JAWS in HDR10+ last night and it was fab!
Thanks given by:
GenPion (06-04-2020), HDTV1080P (06-03-2020)
Old 06-05-2020, 08:03 PM   #9902

Jan 2010
New York

Well I’m now having problems playing Fox 4k discs on both my OPPO 203 players. Including all the Daniel Craig 4k discs, Dark Phoenix and others either the players can’t read them at all or freeze up while playing. There needs to be a firmware update to correct this problem now that I know it’s not just one player having this exact problem.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:21 PM   #9903
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomricci View Post
Well I’m now having problems playing Fox 4k discs on both my OPPO 203 players. Including all the Daniel Craig 4k discs, Dark Phoenix and others either the players can’t read them at all or freeze up while playing. There needs to be a firmware update to correct this problem now that I know it’s not just one player having this exact problem.
If you have 4K discs that play ok and some that don't you have to look at this as what is the issue. Is it a custom settings that you can reset to defaults and reboot that now allows this to work? Is it persistence memory that you need to clear before inserting media? Is it dirty disc’s that you see something under a bright light you need to clean off. There been comments in the Danial Craig 4K thread about that set having issues. I popped in Dark Phoenix 4K just now, it starts up fine. You can contact Oppo using their contact form in case they have a simple reset calibration* of the optical loader for you to do.

*reload optical loader unit's calibration data

Last edited by JohnAV; Yesterday at 02:11 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:23 AM   #9904

Aug 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
If you have 4K discs that play ok and some that don't you have to look at this as what is the issue. Is it a custom settings that you can reset to defaults and reboot that now allows this to work? Is it persistence memory that you need to clear before inserting media? Is it dirty disc’s that you see something under a bright light you need to clean off. There been comments in the Danial Craig 4K thread about that set having issues. I popped in Dark Phoenix 4K just now, it starts up fine. You can contact Oppo using their contact form in case they have a simple reset calibration* of the optical loader for you to do.

*reload optical loader unit's calibration data
Yes, I can attest to this as I had an unusual optical loader unit problem around 9 months ago & OPPO advised one final solution before replacing the optical laser assembly unit & they mentioned reloading the optical loader unit's calibration data as a possible resolve, lo & behold it fixed my problem it's been fine ever since
Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM   #9905

Jan 2010
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniiz86 View Post
Yes, I can attest to this as I had an unusual optical loader unit problem around 9 months ago & OPPO advised one final solution before replacing the optical laser assembly unit & they mentioned reloading the optical loader unit's calibration data as a possible resolve, lo & behold it fixed my problem it's been fine ever since
And how Do I reloading the optical loader unit's calibration data ?
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM   #9906
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester

Quote:
You first need to correspond with Oppo, not something you do on your own. Use the link.
Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM   #9907

Aug 2017

Quote:
Yes, you must get in touch with OPPO, give them your Serial Number & then they will give you a zipped file with instructions on how to proceed to reflash the optical loader's calibration data, this process is a simple one, hopefully you will be successful.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology