Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$5.00

The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Midnight Cowboy (Blu-ray)
$18.96

The Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Bull Durham (Blu-ray)
$18.96

Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Spy Who Dumped Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Sacrifice! (Blu-ray)
$6.90
15 hrs ago
Crimson Peak (Blu-ray)
$36.68

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Old 02-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #81

Apr 2009
Saskatchewan, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoofykindasuperman View Post
In case it hasn't been made aware to various users here or if you don't check the American equivalent thread, the DMC is offering a pretty good deal for members right now.

Buy any title at regular price, receive additional titles (up to 3 per reg. priced item) at 40% off. Discounted titles will not count towards commitment, but your reg. priced items will. Also, free shipping for orders of 2+ titles.

I placed my order today by phone since the website wasn't working properly for me. Ordered:

Lion King Sequel 2-pack (Lion King 1 1/2 + Lion King 2: Simba's Pride) for $39.95
Lady & The Tramp 2-Disc Blu-ray DVD Combo for $17.97 with discount
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind Blu-ray for $20.97 with discount
+ Free shipping
+ HST
Thanks. I'm really hoping they list The Muppets before the sale is over. I'm surprised that they don't have it yet.

I noticed they also have 50% off box sets right now. Lost Blu-ray sets are $24.98/season, which is not bad.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #82

Dec 2009
Toronto

Quote:
I should also note that the Lion King Sequel 2-pack only counts as 1 title, so to get free shipping you need to add another item to your order.

Also, the 2-pack counts as 1 towards commitment.
Thanks for the info goofy. I didn't see the double pack on the website and was about to order them separately using the current promotion. I guess I'll have to give them a phone call.

On another note, I received L&TT yesterday in good condition so they seem to send out their pre-oders rather timely.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #83

Dec 2009
Toronto

One question about the double pack that is advertised. It is pictured with the DVD case versions. Just wondering if that is the only option or is the double pack in the blu-ray cases also available?
Old 02-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #84
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFUN View Post
One question about the double pack that is advertised. It is pictured with the DVD case versions. Just wondering if that is the only option or is the double pack in the blu-ray cases also available?
No they don't ship as a two-pack, they're just listed that way as one item. So when you order ask for the blu-ray versions then they will ship you the blu-ray case with DVD instead of the DVD case with blu-ray.

They broke up my order into two because the lion King movies don't come out until March 5th. Hoping they'll ship them this month though!
Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO141FD Owner
LG OLED65E6P Owner

My Flickr
Old 02-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #85

Sep 2009
Calgary
Default DMR coupon at Shopper's Drug Mart, Calgary

The 17th Ave and 39 St S.W. SDM did not have the Lady and the Tramp Blu-Ray combo on display today at 9:00 AM. I asked the cashier and she phoned the back office and got about 12 combo packs, about 4 Blu-Ray packaging and 8 DVD packaging. They accepted the $5 off Disney coupon so it cost me $19.77 + tax - $5.00. I supposed I could have tried to pass off the $8 coupon, but I am stingy not dishonest. Maybe BB would have PM'ed and I could have saved another $0.70, but the gas would have eaten up most of that.

I got the Blu-Ray packaging with Blu-Ray and DVD for a very good price and am happy.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #86

Jan 2011
Toronto

I've been looking through the Disney Movie Club site for a couple of minutes, couldn't find anything regarding the Lion King Double Pack Goofy mentioned. Where might I be able to find it?

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #87

Apr 2009
Saskatchewan, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber12 View Post
I got a shipment notice for my initial order on Monday, which was pretty good. Today, I got a shipment notice for Lady and the Tramp, which doesn't actually get released for almost 2 weeks. That's a nice surprise.
I finally received my initial order and Lady and the Tramp yesterday. When they shipped L&TT almost two weeks before release I jokingly thought to myself "I hope this isn't indicative of the expected shipping times." I guess it is, since it came on release day. It also included a nice lenticular card. At least they are aware of how long their shipping times are and can adjust to compensate for it.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #88

Dec 2009
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber12 View Post
I finally received my initial order and Lady and the Tramp yesterday. When they shipped L&TT almost two weeks before release I jokingly thought to myself "I hope this isn't indicative of the expected shipping times." I guess it is, since it came on release day. It also included a nice lenticular card. At least they are aware of how long their shipping times are and can adjust to compensate for it.
Yeah, mine shipped around the same time and came one day earlier. I didn't receive a card though. You purchased the 2-disc correct? I'll ask them about it as I am going to call them anyway about the Lion King double pack.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #89
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz370 View Post
I've been looking through the Disney Movie Club site for a couple of minutes, couldn't find anything regarding the Lion King Double Pack Goofy mentioned. Where might I be able to find it?

Thanks!
You will need to call them up for the Lion King Double/Triple pack as the website is not working like it should. Also be prepared to add another title to your order to get free shipping.

If you are signing up for a new membership, then I don't think you will be able to order the 2-pack as an enrollment title.
LG OLED65E6P Owner

My Flickr
Old 02-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #90

Mar 2011
Ottawa, Canada

I finally decided to sign up and placed my 7 movies order:

Toy Story 1
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
UP!
Wall-E
Princess and The Frog
Bolt

The 6th movie is not showing yet as one of the 4 commitments. Will wait few days then I'll call them.

Update: NVM one of the movie just got flagged as my 1st commitment.

Last edited by MaxBD; 02-09-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #91

Jan 2012

Got my initial order today after it was shipped a week ago. Kind of surprised it came this quickly, considering the Disney rep I called earlier said it would take 2 weeks minimum to ship from the US.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #92
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Finally received my initial order in the mail today - two weeks to the day!

All came with slips except for Ponyo.

But the others all came in excellent slip condition!

Captain America
Bambi II
Prom
Tinker Bell
DisneyNature Oceans
Tron Original Classic
LG OLED65E6P Owner

My Flickr
Old 02-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #93
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC

I signed up at around the same time, so hopefully they are in my mailbox right now!
Old 02-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #94

Mar 2011
Ottawa, Canada

My order shipped on feb. 8 and I just received it
Old 02-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #95
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxBD View Post
My order shipped on feb. 8 and I just received it

Mine was shipped Feb 2nd and still haven't seen it...

Hoping it will be there when I get home!
Old 02-18-2012, 01:22 AM   #96
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC

Ugh. I was happy at first since there was a key in my mailbox to pick up a package, but when I opened the locked box it was a small package, it was the order I made two days after signing up which was also shipped two days after my enrollment package. I hope it didn't get lost or stolen. Anyone have any experience with missing packages from DMC?
Old 02-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #97
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Just received my shipping notice for the Lion King Sequels two-pack! Hopefully it won't take the full two weeks to get here, so I can receive them earlier than the stores!
LG OLED65E6P Owner

My Flickr
Old 02-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #98

Dec 2010
Sudbury, Ontario

Quote:
Just received my shipping notice for the Lion King Sequels two-pack! Hopefully it won't take the full two weeks to get here, so I can receive them earlier than the stores!
I also received my shipping notice for the two-pack.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #99
Banned

Jan 2011

Having experienced slow shipping and bad tracking from Disney in the past, I'm not sure I believe that a shipping notice actually means a given item is 'on the way' I suspect it's an internal milestone and that your actual item could still be days or more away from actually being released by Disney to a courier.

Those that are receiving shipping notice, are you also receiving independent tracking code ie UPS, Purolator, etc? For most major centers, there's only a day or two of transit time, so if you find the elapsed time between your Disney "shipping" notice and receiving your item is more than a few days, that means your item was held somewhere, and there's no reason to think the courier is wasting time and money sitting on it.

Last edited by Neild; 02-22-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #100
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

I've always wondered this myself... why Amazon can have something to me in 1-2 days tops, but others it takes 2 weeks when being shipped domestically. I think you're going somewhere with this lol... would make a lot of sense.
LG OLED65E6P Owner

My Flickr
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals