Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Crimson Peak (Blu-ray)
$36.68
2 hrs ago
Midnight Cowboy (Blu-ray)
$18.96

This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$5.00
2 hrs ago
Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Bull Durham (Blu-ray)
$18.96
14 hrs ago
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Lost Missions (Blu-ray)
$12.74

The Spy Who Dumped Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Outer Limits: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$46.25

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 01-10-2018, 03:37 AM   #41
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAM View Post
I bought the Panasonic DMP-BDT380EB 3D Smart Blu-Ray Player from Amazon/uk so that I could play region B disks, but it appears that it plays region A disks, so did I not get a reqion B player?? Dont have any region B disks yet to test. Anyone help??
I'm guessing you are playing region-free discs. Many/most US blu-rays by the major studios are actually region-free, not locked to region A. So the new player you bought will play those fine. Only way to know for sure is to try a verified region-A locked disc, or a region-B locked disc. But if you bought the same player I did from Amazon UK you should be fine. I hope it works out for you. Mine has been working perfectly.
How to go Region B with 3D in the US:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....5#post14437735
Old 01-30-2018, 08:57 PM   #42

Feb 2012

It's trivial if you have a PC. Just get AnyDVD HD and then use the free MPC-HC+LAV+MadVR (and they have all sorts of super advanced upscaling options for blu-ray to 4K TV or DVD to HD or 4K TV, they upscale so much better than anything player or TV set does and you can control so many other things too). Or if you want to be simple about it, just get AnyDVD HD and PowerDVD. Blu-ray drives can be had for barely anything. Plus the software can decode any of the formats so you could use a high quality PC audio card and plug the analog outs into a multi-channel analog receiver and yet still have it handle DTS MA or TrueHD or whatnot and get equipment like that that gives good quality for way less than buying some many thousands of dollars worth of pre-amps and fancy receivers.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:16 AM   #43

Nov 2008

I own an OPPO BDP 103D, I got a special chip that I have installed in it (the warranty is over) Now I can watch any DVD or Blu-ray whatever the region locked or not. I got a few region B only movies and I can watch them. There is also a little trick. DVDFab can make a copy wich will be region free. You need a BD burner on your PC that can burn Double layer disc (wich are more expensive than single layer) but DVD Fab can compress a BD50 to a BD25 with a good quality picture. I do the later because some disc have a forced subtitles for the english version and it is blocked with a copy I can turn it off then.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:37 PM   #44

Jan 2009
Texas
-
-

I want to thank the OP for all the research and info posted here. I had pre-ordered Terminator 2 3D long before it was confirmed to be region B, and once I got it I, like many others on here, was unable to play it. After reading this thread and then the online manuals for both the DMP-BDT380EB and the cheaper DMP-BDT180EB I took a chance on the 180. I got the voltage converter on Amazon.com and the DMP-BDT180EB on Amazon.co.uk. I tried out Terminator 2 3D last night and it played on the 180 right out of the box. Now I can enjoy a whole slew of other region B films that were previously unavailable to me. Thanks again OP.
Thanks given by:
impasse (04-24-2018), mar3o (05-03-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 05:47 AM   #45

May 2013

Many thanks to the OP. I just bought a Panasonic DMP-UB300EBK 3D/4K player along with the Dynastar 300w power converter. I am now able to watch all the region B discs Iíve been buying. Time to start with a good Hammer Dracula.
Thanks given by:
mar3o (05-03-2018)
Old 04-08-2018, 01:39 AM   #46
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011

I bought one of those region free dongles for the BDP-93/95 years ago and it never worked. Or at least I could never figure it out, even WITH instructions. I never got it to play a single Region B release, trying to change the code at various times and button press speeds. Maybe it was a dud.

The only thing I was able to get working was region free DVD playback.
Wanted:
Criterion: 'The Third Man' Digipak (do NOT need discs or booklets)
Studio Canal Collection Nordic Edition slipcovers for digibook releases
Alliance Canada HANNA SteelBook (clean BACK without dents or scratches)
Old 05-01-2018, 04:05 PM   #47
Blu-ray Knight

May 2014
Amish Farm Country, PA

I just picked up an Oppo UDP-203 at the beginning of April, since Oppo announced they are ending production of their Blu-ray players. There are still 203 units in stock at Oppo and other retailers, but the UDP-205 models are pretty much sold out now. There has been a mad rush on buying up the Oppo players since the announcement, so if you have any desire at all for a 203 to easily install the Region free mod, better get one before you're done reading this post. I also own a BDP-93, which is already modded for Region Free with a kit I installed, but I wanted the 203 to have as backup for Region-free capabilities and 3D support.

Yes, this is a mod post, but the mod I got for the Oppo amounts to removing the top cover, inserting a single plug from the kit into an existing open connector on the main board, peeling the backing off a sticky tape strip on the bottom of the kit, and adhering it to the player chassis. A two minute job. Easy as pie.
Girls With Guns Avatar: Her name is Koko. She is Loco. I said "Oh No!" Koko Hekmatyar From Jormungand
Old 08-21-2018, 02:18 PM   #48

Oct 2011
Send a message via AIM to photosurrealism Send a message via Yahoo to photosurrealism

I use the iVid BD-780 (B&H seems to always have them), and it works well. It's region-selectable out of the box for both DVD (though you'll probably just put it on 0 and leave it) and BD. They supposedly make a 4K-upconverting unit (the 980) too, but I've not seen one in person.
Old 08-21-2018, 03:15 PM   #49

Jan 2012
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law212 View Post
I wanted to play Region B 3D movies (Terminator 2 3D) so my solution was to buy an LG Blu ray Re-Writer with 3D playback for my PC for $69.99 ( I ended up buying two of them ) and installed it, installed Power DVD 17 and set the software to region B.

Boom , Region B capability for 70 dollars. No waiting as I didnt have to order online, I just bought in store which is 5 minutes from my house.

That is a great idea! I need to try this to get Ratatouille in 3D!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders