Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Blu-ray)
$43.96

Metropolis (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Seven Heavenly Virtues: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.19

Sailor Moon S: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$22.28

Devilman Complete OVA Series (Blu-ray)
$18.19
15 hrs ago
Patlabor the Mobile Police: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$74.29

Black Clover: Season One, Part Two (Blu-ray)
$41.36

Rosario + Vampire: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.59

Angel Cop: Complete OVA Series (Blu-ray)
$20.94

Hunter × Hunter: Set 4 (Blu-ray)
$28.96

K-ON Complete Collection Premium Box Set (Blu-ray)
$159.99

Marmalade Boy: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$48.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 12-12-2017, 03:09 PM   #121
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2017
Middle Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscape94 View Post
Shame about Monster's ongoing licensing issues. Hopefully they work that out at some point and bring that bad boy home to blu ray.
I asked Viz about it- and they have no plans for it. It’s possible they’ve lost the license at this point. Perhaps some company will get the Blu-ray license, as BD wasn’t a thing when Viz originally bought the rights- kind of like how FUNimation had the DVD rights for Baccano, and Aniplex had the Blu-ray (now Aniplex owns both).
Retro always wins!

List of anime with extended episodes on DVD/Blu-ray

Profile Picture: Yukinoshita Yukino (Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabukome wa Machigatteiru)
Old 12-12-2017, 08:28 PM   #122
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
Midwest, U.S.

Quote:
Shame about Monster's ongoing licensing issues. Hopefully they work that out at some point and bring that bad boy home to blu ray.
Not likely I think. Title is too niche for many sales on the home video market and production costs are high because of the high episode count.
Sony BDP-S580 | Samsung T240HD

Girls With Guns: "I really dig the chick with the knife - waifu material for sure!"
Old 12-12-2017, 08:32 PM   #123
Special Member

Aug 2013
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Looking at the DVDs I'm not sure you're going to want it on BD. Couldn't look very good.
Local youth preaches Mawaru Penguindrum; unsettles community.
Hit me up on Twitter
Old 01-28-2018, 10:19 PM   #124

Jan 2010
CA, USA

FWIW, re Monster, the Australian DVDs from Siren Visual are encoded NTSC and are region free, despite the labeling otherwise. I would assume they just directly authored from the Viz masters (not) used for USA release. All 15 discs include both JA and EN audio with EN subs.
I agree it seems very unlikely a Blu set will be produced for this series... at least if the rumors about low ratings & sales have any merit. Even the DVD release for N. America was cancelled after set 1 of 5. The $120 AUD box set seems the only disc option at the moment.

To remain on-topic ish, in reply to an earlier question this Funimation Blu set does in fact have all the bonus materials that were originally released on the old Geneon USA set. Unfortunately I can't do any AV quality comparison, I turned out the old DVDs to make room for new material.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:22 PM   #125
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclograph View Post
FWIW, re Monster, the Australian DVDs from Siren Visual are encoded NTSC and are region free, despite the labeling otherwise. I would assume they just directly authored from the Viz masters (not) used for USA release. All 15 discs include both JA and EN audio with EN subs.
I agree it seems very unlikely a Blu set will be produced for this series... at least if the rumors about low ratings & sales have any merit. Even the DVD release for N. America was cancelled after set 1 of 5. The $120 AUD box set seems the only disc option at the moment.

To remain on-topic ish, in reply to an earlier question this Funimation Blu set does in fact have all the bonus materials that were originally released on the old Geneon USA set. Unfortunately I can't do any AV quality comparison, I turned out the old DVDs to make room for new material.
Never knew they were region free lol. I watched the whole thing on my pc thinking they wouldn't work on my player ._.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:31 AM   #126

Sep 2014
Northeast U.S.

So i assume there is no part difference with the new August 2018 release of Ergo P?
Old 08-19-2018, 02:42 AM   #127
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2017
Middle Earth

No difference whatsoever.
Retro always wins!

List of anime with extended episodes on DVD/Blu-ray

Profile Picture: Yukinoshita Yukino (Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabukome wa Machigatteiru)
Thanks given by:
Drake2222 (08-19-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime