Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Blu-ray)
$43.96

Metropolis (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Devilman Complete OVA Series (Blu-ray)
$18.19
7 hrs ago
Seven Heavenly Virtues: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.19

Sailor Moon S: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$22.28

Patlabor the Mobile Police: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$74.29

Rosario + Vampire: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.59

Made in Abyss - Premium Box Set (Blu-ray)
$114.29

K-ON Complete Collection Premium Box Set (Blu-ray)
$159.99

Marmalade Boy: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$48.49

Princess Principal: Premium (Blu-ray)
$102.89

SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist - The Complete Series - Essentials (Blu-ray)
$20.59

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 08-02-2015, 08:04 AM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Minnesota
Default Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie (from Discotek with uncut dub)

This wonderful piece of nostalgia cinema is getting a Blu-ray from Discotek, and the trailer they posted on Facebook indicates that they've gotten hold of the uncensored dub track complete with F-bombs.

https://www.facebook.com/14716805531...type=2&theater

For those who aren't aware, Kaze's Blu-ray (France and UK) only had the PG-13 edit. There's actually three different versions of the dub and Kaze put out the weeniest one with hardly any swearing at all. I'm assuming Discotek's BD will have all three English audio options plus the Japanese audio with original music.

I already have Kaze's disc but the lack of proper English dub was always a sore spot for me, because I like the totally Americanized soundtrack and ridiculous dialog. Sometimes I like the movie in Japanese, sometimes in English. It's sort of a guilty pleasure movie of mine.
"I can't forgive myself having lied to you. I don't have a degree in biology. Never even finished high school. I haven't read more than two books in my whole life. One, never finished...and the other is the phone book."
Thanks given by:
CommanderShiro (08-04-2015), GasmaskAvenger (08-07-2015), Grifter02 (01-19-2016), JackForrester (10-28-2016), jkington (08-02-2015), Joeker (08-09-2015), Sky_Captain (08-02-2015), TheCollector86 (08-02-2015), tilallr1 (03-04-2016)
Old 08-02-2015, 10:46 AM   #2
Power Member

Apr 2012
Germany

If it's really uncut (all scenes included), then it's a must buy for me. One of the best animes of all times. I remember watching this movie on VHS
Old 08-02-2015, 02:16 PM   #3
Banned

Jul 2014

I've got the anniversary DVD and it is one of the worst DVDs I have ever owned. The video isn't in actual widescreen, so I have to zoom in on my TV. Not to mention the movie looks like it was just a VHS tape put onto DVD by how blurry the colors look at times. Awful, just awful. If this is true, I may look into this as long as it still has the KMFDM soundtrack.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:56 PM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector86 View Post
If it's really uncut (all scenes included), then it's a must buy for me. One of the best animes of all times. I remember watching this movie on VHS
Same here. Absolutely love this movie.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:07 PM   #5
Banned

Jul 2014

And just sold the DVD off on ebay for $35. I can't believe I actually got someone to buy it for that much.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:22 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
Fresno, California, USA

Awesome news.

Now I can toss my old Manga Entertainment DVD AND can also can my custom DVD-R with the uncut dub and the full uncut visuals from the French blu-ray.

Last edited by GasmaskAvenger; 08-07-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:48 PM   #7

Apr 2015

This is a classic for me as well! Ready to preorder.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:17 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2013
Gotham City

This is awesome, I had the DVD back in the day. Definitely will be picking up the blu ray.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:01 PM   #9

May 2015

ZOMG! I want to preorder now!

They best make this the definitive edition. Complete US uncensored Audio and JP Audio, Complete JP uncut animation, with both US and JP soundtracks!
Old 08-11-2015, 06:53 AM   #10

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriztoffer Swank View Post
This wonderful piece of nostalgia cinema is getting a Blu-ray from Discotek, and the trailer they posted on Facebook indicates that they've gotten hold of the uncensored dub track complete with F-bombs.

https://www.facebook.com/14716805531...type=2&theater

For those who aren't aware, Kaze's Blu-ray (France and UK) only had the PG-13 edit.
I know you're talking about the English dub here, but just to make it clear, the UK import version has totally uncut video also. It just uses tamer takes.

There has never previously been a "proper" (meaning, taken from the original audio elements instead of hacked together afterward) version of the English dub that was completely uncut before. All previous English releases had either the video tweaked around in some way (Manga US releases) or fussed with the existing audio track to make it fit (Kaze UK disc).

Also, the Japanese version is nowhere near as harsh language-wise, and the original dub recordings had lots of alternate takes for such lines that were picked and chosen differently by the mixer(s?) for different releases. So there's no "definitive" version of the dub...yet.
Thanks given by:
JackForrester (09-11-2016), Kriztoffer Swank (08-11-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 07:03 AM   #11

May 2009
New Zealand

Chun Li vs. Vega in HD?!! Hells YES

I love this fight scene, and especially the music used it in.
Down Under Group: Sales and Trades
Old 08-11-2015, 08:43 AM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin the Third View Post
I know you're talking about the English dub here, but just to make it clear, the UK import version has totally uncut video also. It just uses tamer takes.

There has never previously been a "proper" (meaning, taken from the original audio elements instead of hacked together afterward) version of the English dub that was completely uncut before. All previous English releases had either the video tweaked around in some way (Manga US releases) or fussed with the existing audio track to make it fit (Kaze UK disc).

Also, the Japanese version is nowhere near as harsh language-wise, and the original dub recordings had lots of alternate takes for such lines that were picked and chosen differently by the mixer(s?) for different releases. So there's no "definitive" version of the dub...yet.
I've heard a bit about that from Kentai who told me that syncing the "uncut" 2.0 audio track from Manga's US DVD to Kaze's Blu-ray would be a nightmare because of what you said, that the English dubbed versions of the film have their visuals trimmed. He gave me a list of differences lasting mere seconds if even that where the Japanese version is longer, so I can imagine how big a pain that'd be to edit all together.

But, I'm excited for Discotek's BD because it seems they're doing extensive editing to get the dub track(s) synced to the uncut video. This'll easily be the best presentation of this movie. I don't like that Kaze used the tamer takes which I believe were used in the "yellow box PG-13" VHS version here in the States initially, because my brother had the "red box unrated" VHS tape that had some harsher words, although no F-bombs. It just felt really wimpy to me to hear lines delivered so nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
Chun Li vs. Vega in HD?!! Hells YES

The Japanese version didn't have the KMFDM track and is a lot more sorrowful because of it; you feel Chun-Li's plight a lot more. It's a beautiful scene, but one can't deny the power of hearing "Ultra" blaring during the scene. One of the many reasons I like watching both the subbed and dubbed versions of the film.
"I can't forgive myself having lied to you. I don't have a degree in biology. Never even finished high school. I haven't read more than two books in my whole life. One, never finished...and the other is the phone book."

Last edited by Kriztoffer Swank; 08-11-2015 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:04 AM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Oh man, I'm all over this. I originally had the PG-13 VHS edition that I bought when I was 13, then more recently that "Unleashed" DVD edition, which was disappointing since they were just non-anamorphic laserdisc transfers that didn't look so great.

It'd be awesome to be able to watch the English version and the original Japanese track set to a fully uncut, remastered HD transfer.

I have a lot of nostalgic love for this one, and it introduced me to KMFDM, Korn, and Alice in Chains (and Silverchair! lol).
Old 08-12-2015, 03:28 AM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadache95 View Post
Oh man, I'm all over this. I originally had the PG-13 VHS edition that I bought when I was 13, then more recently that "Unleashed" DVD edition, which was disappointing since they were just non-anamorphic laserdisc transfers that didn't look so great.
It frustrated me how that DVD had Chun-Li's boobs inserted at the wrong spot on the English dubbed version, ha. What a crap release to be sure.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:57 PM   #15
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Vancouver, Canada

Quote:
I love the beginning of the fight. Greatest fanservice moment ever.
Thanks given by:
Kriztoffer Swank (08-12-2015)
Old 08-12-2015, 06:44 PM   #16

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
It frustrated me how that DVD had Chun-Li's boobs inserted at the wrong spot on the English dubbed version, ha. What a crap release to be sure.
True? I have the Aussie Madman 'Uncut' DVD and wouldn't have a clue about the original Japanese version (aside from the japanese dub included on the DVD).. is there a website that shows the difference between the English version and Jap version in regards to the visuals?
Old 08-12-2015, 07:15 PM   #17
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
Fresno, California, USA

Quote:
I've heard a bit about that from Kentai who told me that syncing the "uncut" 2.0 audio track from Manga's US DVD to Kaze's Blu-ray would be a nightmare because of what you said, that the English dubbed versions of the film have their visuals trimmed. He gave me a list of differences lasting mere seconds if even that where the Japanese version is longer, so I can imagine how big a pain that'd be to edit all together.
I exactly did that a while back for a personal DVD-R and while it was a major pain in the ass to get done, I did it.

Here's hoping Discotek does an equally adequate or even better job than me.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:03 AM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Minnesota

Quote:
True? I have the Aussie Madman 'Uncut' DVD and wouldn't have a clue about the original Japanese version (aside from the japanese dub included on the DVD).. is there a website that shows the difference between the English version and Jap version in regards to the visuals?
The US Manga Video DVD was a flipper disc with the English version on one end, Japanese on the other. If I remember correctly, the English side, touted as uncut, inserted Chun-Li's topless scene where you're looking from a POV shot of Vega creeping by the shower, and Chun-Li turns and looks out. Between creeping from the wall and peering at her to Chun-Li turning her head, that's when Manga buffoonishly inserted the tits, which breaks up the suspense. Maybe they were implying Vega was getting an eyeful of the goods or something.

In the Japanese version, I think her boobs are shown right after the camera pans down to her butt. I'm not exactly sure, though.
Thanks given by:
LordCrumb (08-13-2015)
Old 08-13-2015, 06:55 AM   #19

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
The US Manga Video DVD was a flipper disc with the English version on one end, Japanese on the other. If I remember correctly, the English side, touted as uncut, inserted Chun-Li's topless scene where you're looking from a POV shot of Vega creeping by the shower, and Chun-Li turns and looks out. Between creeping from the wall and peering at her to Chun-Li turning her head, that's when Manga buffoonishly inserted the tits, which breaks up the suspense. Maybe they were implying Vega was getting an eyeful of the goods or something.

In the Japanese version, I think her boobs are shown right after the camera pans down to her butt. I'm not exactly sure, though.
On my DVD, her tits are shown after the camera tracks across the room... after a couple other shots, the shadow of Vega is seen against the wall in the main room..

I wonder if the Aussie dvd is different?

*Edit* - Just looking at http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=74297 , and it says "the Japanese version, the camera pans through Chun Li's flat, the US version fades to an external view of the shower. ", which is what this DVD does.

Gotta say, rewatching the Chun Li / Vega fight since this Blu-Ray was announced.. damn the Japanese are great at animating the jiggles and movements of tits lol

Last edited by LordCrumb; 08-13-2015 at 07:04 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:48 PM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Great White North

If truly uncut and uncensored, this will be epic in HD!!!

Can't wait to own it. When are they releasing it?
TIL ALL ARE ONE THEATER
Projector: PIONEER FPJ1 (JVC RS2 Clone) 1080P LCOS
Screen: 106" EluneVision 16:9 (White) - 1.2 Gain
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR705
Blu-ray: Sony Playstation 3 - 60GB
SVS 7.2 SURROUND SOUND: Fronts & Surrounds: SVS SBS-01 / Center: SVS SCS-01 / Subs: SVS PB10-NSD

TILALLR1's UV / iTunes / Google Play / Disney DMA/DMR / Digital Copy - CODES FOR SALE
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime