Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Jet Li Double Feature: The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
The Fisher King 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
1 day ago
Romeo and Juliet (Blu-ray)
$21.49
1 day ago
12 Angry Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
Triangle of Sadness 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.54

Batman: The Doom That Came to Gotham 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Bates Motel: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$53.40
11 hrs ago
Westworld: Season Four 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

The Seventh Seal 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Dunkirk 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.98
11 hrs ago
Secret Admirer (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 day ago
Halloween Ends 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Display Theory and Discussion

Old 12-06-2022, 10:10 AM   #41
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
I wouldn't consider the EU government as a huge portion of their base. If it was the consumers that might be one thing but this is be driven by a small number in the EU government.

The same can be said by the crazy CA government's electric vehicle law. The infrastructure requirements to support that demand will not be in place in the US to support that timeline let alone the raw materials to support the battery demand required for all of those vehicles. Once again, CA is trying to force a feel good measure which isn't Green at all. It's time manufacturers gave them the finger and call their bluff.

If the manufacturers say no, do you really think the consumers will go without? I think not as there will be tremendous pressure from their constituents and these governments will end up coming crawling back with their tail between their legs.
The high end tv market has 30% of sales from EU. Thatís a considerable market considering 8K is already struggling.
Thanks given by:
Lee A Stewart (12-06-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 10:07 PM   #42
Special Member

Feb 2021

For those interested, 'Your Industry Source For All Things 8K'.

https://8kassociation.com/
Old 12-06-2022, 10:45 PM   #43
Special Member

Dec 2006
Virginia

I just bought a Sony 85" Class BRAVIA XR Z9J LED 8K UHD and love the improvement over my 4K'S. It's a shame that government somewhere, somehow always has to get involved and screw up a good thing. I'm sure they know what they're doing and it's in our best interests....................haha not
Thanks given by:
Kenbar (12-15-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 03:21 AM   #44
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panson View Post
For those interested, 'Your Industry Source For All Things 8K'.

https://8kassociation.com/
So where's their response to the mandate from the EU? Oh wait! They didn't respond!

Toothless Tiger
Old 12-07-2022, 05:06 AM   #45
Special Member

Feb 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post
So where's their response to the mandate from the EU? Oh wait! They didn't respond!

Toothless Tiger
'EU Denies Review Process on Energy Requirements Ė What Will Set Makers Do?'

https://8kassociation.com/industry-i...set-makers-do/
Thanks given by:
Lee A Stewart (12-07-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 06:41 AM   #46
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2016
Behind enemy lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post
This is how it works tho. The idea is one thing and the actions taken are another.

There's no reason an 8K TV needs to consume more power than a 4K TV.

The car notion continues to be interesting. I have a good Solar system and I can cover all the electricity needs for my home but I don't think I could also charge 3 cars. At some point the real hero is doing less, wanting less, buying less, but this is also problematic esp when you want to do business.

Europe does have more small cars so cheers to that. I wish everyone in the US didn't want a house on wheels.
Here in America there are still a few of us left who believe in freedom, so sod off!
Thanks given by:
bhampton (12-09-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 03:52 PM   #47
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
The high end tv market has 30% of sales from EU. Thatís a considerable market considering 8K is already struggling.
As it should be. With barely any 8K content available there is no good reason for anyone to buy an 8K TV.
Old 12-12-2022, 11:53 PM   #48
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2007

With the help of AI and US scientist a breakthrough in nuclear fusion reactors has occurred in the USA.

Maybe this means one day the people in Europe in the future will be able to get 8K displays that use 1600 watts or more of power since with a nuclear fusion reactor no CO2’s and almost unlimited power. Maybe make 8K displays with no tone mapping and the full spectrum of high dynamic range with super bright screen for some scenes and dim screen for night scenes in the movie.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=357565
Thanks given by:
GasmaskAvenger (12-15-2022), Kenbar (12-15-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 04:08 PM   #49

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
With the help of AI and US scientist a breakthrough in nuclear fusion reactors has occurred in the USA.

Maybe this means one day the people in Europe in the future will be able to get 8K displays that use 1600 watts or more of power since with a nuclear fusion reactor no CO2ís and almost unlimited power. Maybe make 8K displays with no tone mapping and the full spectrum of high dynamic range with super bright screen for some scenes and dim screen for night scenes in the movie.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=357565
I just started reading this thread and thinking about the same news. But when these fusion reactors get perfected and actually hit the market...20ish years from now (???)...I'll likely be planted underground or in a nursing home if I'm lucky.

But beyond that I'm holding on to a tiny grain of hope that 8K tv's might be made in the future that offer 4K passive 3D to consumers who might be into 3D. This news makes that tiny hope even smaller.
Old 12-16-2022, 06:06 AM   #50
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2007

I mentioned several times that when the consumer electronics industry developes 8K flat panels, that they should make a mandate that all of the them offer some type of 3D (either passive, active, or glasses free). But of course no 8K flat panel will offer the 3D feature. One might have to wait until the year 2036 and try and convince the industry to offer the 3D feature for 16K flat panels.

If you really want 3D get a 3D DLP projector or 3D LCOS projector from JVC or Sony. Since 3D might never return to flat panels (at least any time soon).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Display Theory and Discussion