Best 3D Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$103.44
22 hrs ago
Leda 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Paranormal Activity: The Ultimate Chills Collection (Blu-ray)
$46.99
 
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.49
9 hrs ago
I, the Jury 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.99
 
Geostorm 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99
 
Priest 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.76
20 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

View Poll Results: Best 3D Blu-ray title released in 2022
Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation 0 0%
Monster Run 0 0%
Eternals 2 2.74%
Monster Family 2: Nobody's Perfect 3 4.11%
Dolittle 0 0%
Treasure of the Four Crowns 9 12.33%
Chickenhare and the Hamster of Darkness 0 0%
Spider-Man: No Way Home 7 9.59%
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness 30 41.10%
Halloween Jack 3D 1 1.37%
Thor: Love and Thunder 0 0%
I, the Jury 11 15.07%
The Diamond Wizard 8 10.96%
Jurassic World: Dominion 1 1.37%
Other 1 1.37%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2022, 05:05 PM   #581
BleedOrange11 BleedOrange11 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
BleedOrange11's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
15
731
48
29
4
Default

I've made a list here:
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...&postcount=346
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Box for Pee-wee (12-02-2022), osmos512 (12-01-2022), RitwikKN2002 (12-02-2022), the13thman (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 06:20 PM   #582
osmos512 osmos512 is online now
Senior Member
 
Oct 2019
Default

I bet Multiverse of Madness or The Diamond Wizard is the winner of this year's poll.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
BleedOrange11 (12-01-2022), RitwikKN2002 (12-02-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 06:43 PM   #583
BleedOrange11 BleedOrange11 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
BleedOrange11's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
15
731
48
29
4
Default

I, the Jury has a good chance too despite it's "complicated" restoration. I'd have a hard time voting for it though.

Last edited by BleedOrange11; 12-01-2022 at 07:14 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:43 PM   #584
BleedOrange11 BleedOrange11 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
BleedOrange11's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
15
731
48
29
4
Default

Here are my picks.

Best Vintage 3D: The Diamond Wizard
Best Vintage Movie: I, the Jury
Best Modern 3D: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Best Modern Movie: Spider-Man: No Way Home
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Box for Pee-wee (12-02-2022), osmos512 (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 10:00 PM   #585
the13thman the13thman is offline
Moderator
 
the13thman's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
London, England
57
2616
35
1
2
2
Default Best 3D Blu-ray title of 2022

What was your favourite 3D Blu-ray of 2022? The list only includes movies (live action and animated) but the Other category is there should you want to vote for anything else...

I haven't watched The Diamond Wizard yet but so far Treasure of the Four Crowns and I, The Jury top my list with honorable mentions for Happy Family 2, Hotel Transylvania 3 and Halloween Jack.

Most disappointing of the year was Thor: Love and Thunder but I've yet to see Jurassic World: Dominion...

Last edited by the13thman; 12-01-2022 at 10:26 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:05 PM   #586
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
123
870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
What was your favourite 3D Blu-ray of 2022?
Flesh For Frankenstein.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:10 PM   #587
the13thman the13thman is offline
Moderator
 
the13thman's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
London, England
57
2616
35
1
2
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Flesh For Frankenstein.
That won last year's poll, Dune was also also on it. This year Jurassic World: Dominion falls into the category of titles most of us won't watch until 2023...

For the record, these were the results for 2021:

Flesh for Frankenstein 23 votes 20.72%
Black Widow 19 votes 17.12%
Godzilla vs Kong 17 votes 15.32%
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings 11 votes 9.91%
Jumanji: The Next Level 5 votes 4.50%
Revenge of the Shogun Women 5 votes 4.50%
Dynasty 4 votes 3.60%
Iron Mask 4 votes 3.60%
Bigfoot Family 4 votes 3.60%
The Boss Baby: Family Business 4 votes 3.60%
Wonder Woman 1984 4 votes 3.60%
Wings of the Hawk 3 votes 2.70%
The Croods: A New Age 3 votes 2.70%
Monster Hunter 3 votes 2.70%
Dune Part One 2 votes 1.80%
Il piu comico spettacolo del mondo 0 votes 0%
Dragon Rider 0 votes 0%
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (12-02-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 10:12 PM   #588
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
123
870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
That won last year's poll, Dune was also also on it. This year Jurassic World: Dominion falls into the category of titles most of us won't watch until 2023...

For the record, these were the results for 2021:

Flesh for Frankenstein 23 votes 20.72%
Black Widow 19 votes 17.12%
Godzilla vs Kong 17 votes 15.32%
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings 11 votes 9.91%
Jumanji: The Next Level 5 votes 4.50%
Revenge of the Shogun Women 5 votes 4.50%
Dynasty 4 votes 3.60%
Iron Mask 4 votes 3.60%
Bigfoot Family 4 votes 3.60%
The Boss Baby: Family Business 4 votes 3.60%
Wonder Woman 1984 4 votes 3.60%
Wings of the Hawk 3 votes 2.70%
The Croods: A New Age 3 votes 2.70%
Monster Hunter 3 votes 2.70%
Dune Part One 2 votes 1.80%
Il piu comico spettacolo del mondo 0 votes 0%
Dragon Rider 0 votes 0%
I watched it this year lol. Itís mine.

I donít watch many these days, hopefully Robot Monster will show early next year, feel like I have been waiting for eternity for that one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:35 PM   #589
the13thman the13thman is offline
Moderator
 
the13thman's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
London, England
57
2616
35
1
2
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
I watched it this year lol. Itís mine.

I donít watch many these days, hopefully Robot Monster will show early next year, feel like I have been waiting for eternity for that one.
The three best titles are all Region A locked so you don't have much of a selection as far as new releases go, region free vintage 3D is very rare these days... GOG was probably the best title we got in Region B, but it's not included in the poll on account of having been previously released (albeit in Region A).
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 10:57 PM   #590
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
123
870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
The three best titles are all Region A locked so you don't have much of a selection as far as new releases go, region free vintage 3D is very rare these days... GOG was probably the best title we got in Region B, but it's not included in the poll on account of having been previously released (albeit in Region A).
Iím more into 4K these days but I have fond memories of the last decade 3D wise. I still watch my old collection now and again and have 3D viewings once a year with friends. (Itís a ritual started a few years ago.)
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:34 PM   #591
jchung30 jchung30 is offline
Senior Member
 
jchung30's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
Northern California, USA
468
1380
1
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
What was your favourite 3D Blu-ray of 2022? The list only includes movies (live action and animated) but the Other category is there should you want to vote for anything else...

I haven't watched The Diamond Wizard yet but so far Treasure of the Four Crowns and I, The Jury top my list with honorable mentions for Happy Family 2, Hotel Transylvania 3 and Halloween Jack.

Most disappointing of the year was Thor: Love and Thunder but I've yet to see Jurassic World: Dominion...
We're in the same ballpark. For me, Happy Family 2 aka Monster Family 2, is by far the best 3D presentation of the year. And The Diamond Wizard is the best Golden Age restoration. I was kind of unmoved by I, the Jury....maybe because I saw it back-to-back with The Diamond Wizard. My preferences for the movie/acting/3D qualities of The Diamond Wizard over I, the Jury, (IMO) made the latter suffer in comparison. Too bad, because if they came out in different years, I would be lauding each separately.

I know, it's unfair to judge the two against each other. But, I didn't make the rules and Debbie Gibson will always be compared to Tiffany. BTW, the winner is Debbie Gibson.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
the13thman (12-02-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 12:16 PM   #592
the13thman the13thman is offline
Moderator
 
the13thman's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
London, England
57
2616
35
1
2
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchung30 View Post
We're in the same ballpark. For me, Happy Family 2 aka Monster Family 2, is by far the best 3D presentation of the year. And The Diamond Wizard is the best Golden Age restoration. I was kind of unmoved by I, the Jury....maybe because I saw it back-to-back with The Diamond Wizard. My preferences for the movie/acting/3D qualities of The Diamond Wizard over I, the Jury, (IMO) made the latter suffer in comparison. Too bad, because if they came out in different years, I would be lauding each separately.

I know, it's unfair to judge the two against each other. But, I didn't make the rules and Debbie Gibson will always be compared to Tiffany. BTW, the winner is Debbie Gibson.
Ah, Tiffany and Debbie Gibson, so good in Mega Python Vs Gatoroid, one of my favourite autoconversions (and that's not a recommendation, the 3D is almost entirely worthless).



I loved I, The Jury so am really hyped for The Diamond Wizard now...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 05:07 PM   #593
Joe D. Joe D. is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Joe D.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2015
Bronx, NY
1
2
Default

I specifically restricted my vote to overall 3D quality, it's depth, ingenuity lack of ghosting, color saturation and video detail. Did not take into consideration anything related to plot, screenplay or acting. Also kept it to new productions, not the great restorations released this year.

What criteria are others using?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (12-03-2022), trialobite (12-02-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 08:00 PM   #594
trialobite trialobite is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2016
2
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
I specifically restricted my vote to overall 3D quality, it's depth, ingenuity lack of ghosting, color saturation and video detail. Did not take into consideration anything related to plot, screenplay or acting. Also kept it to new productions, not the great restorations released this year.

What criteria are others using?
For me, whenever Iím asked for what I think was best, I try to decide which disc Iíd keep if I could only have one of these going forward. Thereís definitely a lot of wayís to interpret ďbestĒ! So that means movie quality is a part of it for me at least somewhat, but 3D is absolutely the biggest component. Iím definitely including restorations, since disqualifying those means youíre answering a different question than was actually posed by this poll, but to each their own of course.

On that note, Dune 3D should probably be included as it came out in January. If it were included, that would possibly be my favorite *movie* on the list, but I would definitely not vote for it because the 3D is much less exciting to me than many of these other titles. Thereís always gonna be a 2D version of Dune to watch and get mostly the same experienceÖ. But the 2D versions of movies like I, The Jury or Treasure of the Four Crowns hold almost no value for me.

Ultimately it came down for me to Doctor Strange, Diamond Wizard, and Treasure of the Four Crowns. My answer might be different if you ask me in a week, but I chose Diamond Wizard. Four Crowns has the edge in 3D strength and fun, while Diamond Wizard has a more engaging and fun story. Itís 3D is really excellent even if it is slightly more restrained. Doctor Strange 2 is the best looking and the 3D is very good, but the 3D just doesnít have the same Ďpunchí as the golden age titles. I did not see Happy Family 2 or Chickenhare unfortunately, so my answer could one day change.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 08:23 PM   #595
the13thman the13thman is offline
Moderator
 
the13thman's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
London, England
57
2616
35
1
2
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
I specifically restricted my vote to overall 3D quality, it's depth, ingenuity lack of ghosting, color saturation and video detail. Did not take into consideration anything related to plot, screenplay or acting. Also kept it to new productions, not the great restorations released this year.

What criteria are others using?
Ultimately this is the 3D Blu-ray forum so it's whatever you think is the best movie on 3D Blu-ray released since last year's poll, for whatever reason. For me it's how good the 3D is and my overall enjoyment of the film.

As for Dune, though a few people had it before the year was out, it should really have gone in this year's poll instead of last year's, though the poll was open all year so there was plenty of time to vote.

I don't think I'll wait until I have seen Jurassic World: Dominion though, I expect that to be as mild as Dune was.

Last edited by the13thman; 12-02-2022 at 08:40 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Just_Discovered_3D (12-02-2022), trialobite (12-02-2022)
Old 12-03-2022, 12:14 AM   #596
Jlardonio Jlardonio is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal
2
86
Default

I chose No Way Home as it almost didn't get a 3D blu-ray disc. But those other options were tough to not be chosen too due to their quality and/or rarity.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 12:30 AM   #597
jchung30 jchung30 is offline
Senior Member
 
jchung30's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
Northern California, USA
468
1380
1
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
Ah, Tiffany and Debbie Gibson, so good in Mega Python Vs Gatoroid, one of my favourite autoconversions (and that's not a recommendation, the 3D is almost entirely worthless).



I loved I, The Jury so am really hyped for The Diamond Wizard now...
Tiffany and Debbie Gibson? I did not know such a beast existed! This will be a must get movie for me.

As for The Diamond Wizard, I hope we haven't set the expectations too high for you. LOL Hope you enjoy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 12:40 AM   #598
Joe D. Joe D. is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Joe D.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2015
Bronx, NY
1
2
Default

I'm the guy who voted for Halloween Jack.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (12-04-2022), the13thman (12-03-2022)
Old 12-03-2022, 02:52 AM   #599
DB5 DB5 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
DB5's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Orlando, Fl
19
751
222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
I specifically restricted my vote to overall 3D quality, it's depth, ingenuity lack of ghosting, color saturation and video detail. Did not take into consideration anything related to plot, screenplay or acting. Also kept it to new productions, not the great restorations released this year.

What criteria are others using?
My criteria was depth and pop-out factor, otherwise I would have voted for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, the one I voted for, I actually sold as I had no desire to watch it again.

Edit: Treasure of the Four Crowns I voted for

Last edited by DB5; 12-03-2022 at 01:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 03:03 AM   #600
Energy Crisis Energy Crisis is offline
Senior Member
 
Jun 2015
3
Default

All things considered, this has been a really weak year for 3D releases. I tend to think of it as the calm before the storm as we know so many titles that are being worked on, but there's still not a lot of interest to choose from in 2022. It's clearly between Treasure of the Four Crowns and The Diamond Wizard, but I don't know which to pick. Treasure wins for strongest and most entertaining use of 3D, but The Diamond Wizard is the better film. Both are worth picking up. I think I'll wait to place my vote, but as far as I'm concerned we can go ahead and send the trophy to Kino and the 3DFA now.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
jchung30 (12-03-2022)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Tags
2013 3d movies, 2015 3d films, best 3d, best movies of 2013, favorite movies, movies, strongest 3d movie

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:31 PM.