Best PS5 Games Deals


Best PS5 Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dusk Diver 2 Launch Edition (PS5)
$39.99
1 day ago
Forspoken (PS5)
$69.88
 
One Piece Odyssey (PS5)
$59.00
1 day ago
Fallen Legion (PS5)
$39.99
 
Syberia: The World Before (PS5)
$29.99
 
Tactics Ogre: Reborn (PS5)
$34.99
 
Arcadegeddon (PS5)
$19.99
 
JoJoís Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R (PS5)
$29.99
 
Greedfall (PS5)
$14.38
 
Among Us (PS5)
$14.38
 
Construction Simulator (PS5)
$49.99
 
NBA 2K21 (PS5)
$18.64
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2021, 05:41 AM   #121
Pondosinatra Pondosinatra is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Pondosinatra's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta
45
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Harley Quinn, she's overrated IMO and most of her dialog is whiny and annoying as her character is intended to be.

What are her special powers? A baseball bat pretty much...
What's Power Girl's super powers? Just really big tits?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 02:15 PM   #122
R3P0 R3P0 is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
R3P0's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
46
Default

This has been delayed to 2023

Quote:
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League has been delayed until next year, according to Bloomberg. The action-adventure game was scheduled to come out sometime this year and received a trailer in December.

In a recent tweet from WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar, Kill the Justice League was left off of the list of titles debuting in 2022. He did however name another game from the DC Comics world, Gotham Knights, which was originally slated to release in 2021.

Kill the Justice League is being developed by Rocksteady, the studio responsible for the Batman-starring Arkham franchise. The last game from the studio, Arkham Knight, was released in 2015.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 03:47 PM   #123
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
This has been delayed to 2023
Thanks.

This game is very low on my radar. I was hoping Rocksteady was going to make a Superman game, but instead they went with Suicide Squad. It looks like it has potential though, and may turn out to be a great game to be positive about it, knowing how good the Arkham games can be.


------------
If they feel it needs another few years before release, they should figure that out before announcing a time frame release date. Just don't say anything, other than "It's still a work in progress and we don't have a time frame yet. Be patient please."

I think originally the trailer appeared for this on August 12, 2020. Then August 22, DC Fandome for the CGI trailer.

They seem to prefer showing CGI trailers so far. There was a glimpse of gameplay but it might not be real game play as it was merged in with the story trailer.

I wouldn't be surprised by a 2024 release date for this game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 12:50 AM   #124
emailking emailking is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Aug 2015
Default

Bummer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 01:45 PM   #125
DarthZod DarthZod is offline
Active Member
 
DarthZod's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Dallas,TX
63
202
6
Send a message via Yahoo to DarthZod
Default

Hmm.

I'm guessing Delayed until March-May of 2023 because Gotham Knights likely releasing this Summer? Also not quite done fine tuning.

I imagine both games have DLC(characters and or skins) and will defiantly want to capitalize on initial sales and Holiday sales.

Over/under that Peacemaker Is either DLC or gets challenge map?

Bummer for sure. I look forward to this. I'm currently replaying all the Batman games on my Ps5.

Hopefully WWE 2k22 - Gotham Knights - Jedi Fallen Order 2 (Holiday this year maybe?)

Can keep be busy. Not too much more I'm interested in. Maybe Sifu and Horizon 2(never finished the 1st)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 03:09 PM   #126
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthZod View Post
Hmm.

I'm guessing Delayed until March-May of 2023 because Gotham Knights likely releasing this Summer? Also not quite done fine tuning.

I imagine both games have DLC(characters and or skins) and will defiantly want to capitalize on initial sales and Holiday sales.

Over/under that Peacemaker Is either DLC or gets challenge map?

Bummer for sure. I look forward to this. I'm currently replaying all the Batman games on my Ps5.

Hopefully WWE 2k22 - Gotham Knights - Jedi Fallen Order 2 (Holiday this year maybe?)

Can keep be busy. Not too much more I'm interested in. Maybe Sifu and Horizon 2(never finished the 1st)
That's a good point DarthZod, about Gotham Knights possibly delaying the release and timing of SSquad, as releasing both in the same time frame would be foolish since they'd be competing against each other.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 11:50 PM   #127
Verisimilitude1984 Verisimilitude1984 is offline
Special Member
 
Verisimilitude1984's Avatar
 
Dec 2015
London
31
100
5
Send a message via Skype™ to Verisimilitude1984
Default

I'm on the fence about this game, but still looking out for it. The Batman Arkham games were great in terms of gameplay. Truth is, I just don't care for the Suicide Squad films so it puts me off a bit. I just want a Superman game really

Anyway, hoping this is a hit so we can have more DC games.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
DarthZod (02-07-2022), Zivouhr (02-07-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 12:25 AM   #128
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude1984 View Post
I'm on the fence about this game, but still looking out for it. The Batman Arkham games were great in terms of gameplay. Truth is, I just don't care for the Suicide Squad films so it puts me off a bit. I just want a Superman game really

Anyway, hoping this is a hit so we can have more DC games.
Yeah, I remember playing Arkham Knight on PS4, seeing all the Lex Luthor advertisements, thinking there's a good chance a Superman game would be next. And while he's in fact in this new game, unfortunately they turned him evil and as the main villain. The only way this Squad will beat him is through Kryptonite just like everyone else pretty much.

2023, I'll guess by August 2023 for this Squad SSKTJL to be released.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:21 PM   #129
Verisimilitude1984 Verisimilitude1984 is offline
Special Member
 
Verisimilitude1984's Avatar
 
Dec 2015
London
31
100
5
Send a message via Skype™ to Verisimilitude1984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Yeah, I remember playing Arkham Knight on PS4, seeing all the Lex Luthor advertisements, thinking there's a good chance a Superman game would be next. And while he's in fact in this new game, unfortunately they turned him evil and as the main villain. The only way this Squad will beat him is through Kryptonite just like everyone else pretty much.

2023, I'll guess by August 2023 for this Squad SSKTJL to be released.
I would have preferred a Justice League game, but that would have brought its own problems perhaps. Suicide Squad is similar enough to the Arkham gameplay template after all - easier to make?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:33 PM   #130
Batman90 Batman90 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Batman90's Avatar
 
Aug 2017
Gotham City
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
This has been delayed to 2023
They should just scrap the game since they donít want to release it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:43 PM   #131
Gamma_Winstead Gamma_Winstead is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Gamma_Winstead's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
U.S.G. Ishimura
115
759
36
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude1984 View Post
I would have preferred a Justice League game, but that would have brought its own problems perhaps. Suicide Squad is similar enough to the Arkham gameplay template after all - easier to make?
I just don't know how you do the Flash in a Justice league game. At least, a justice league game in the style of this SS game anyways. That seems like the biggest hurdle.

Or maybe it's just because I get bad flashbacks to the avengers game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 01:58 AM   #132
NARMAK NARMAK is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
141
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
I just don't know how you do the Flash in a Justice league game. At least, a justice league game in the style of this SS game anyways. That seems like the biggest hurdle.

Or maybe it's just because I get bad flashbacks to the avengers game.
I think the problem is that once you end up writing any character from the top DC heroes like Superman, Flash etc. that have these amazing abilities, if you overthink it, you will naturally question why X, Y, Z thing unfolded.

Personally as long as the scenes not completely taking me out, i can even buy a bunch of marbles thrown to trip him up lol.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 03:39 AM   #133
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude1984 View Post
I would have preferred a Justice League game, but that would have brought its own problems perhaps. Suicide Squad is similar enough to the Arkham gameplay template after all - easier to make?
I believe they considered it, but for some reason went with Justice League, possibly after they heard James Gunn was working on a reboot of the series just recently released. But their game missed that timing window sadly.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
I just don't know how you do the Flash in a Justice league game. At least, a justice league game in the style of this SS game anyways. That seems like the biggest hurdle.

Or maybe it's just because I get bad flashbacks to the avengers game.
For Superman, flying would be easy enough, but for the Flash, they could have him speed through only when he was fighting at super speeds, and then for regular walking through the city, maybe if they could, super speed or just have a slower fast run speed, faster than the other characters, like Sonic Hedgehog's speed rather than bullet speed.

Or maybe bullet time, where the world around the Flash slows down to a crawl, like Quicksilver in X-Men.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 05:41 PM   #134
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
127
Default

This forum site has a very awful, weak Search function. I went into advanced search, typed in "Suicide Squad" without the quotes, and it said 0 results found under Title search while under the PS5 forum listing. Yet the name of this thread is "Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (Rocksteady Studios)" in the PS5 forum........ I switched it to posts, and thankfully it figured it out that way...



Rocksteady Games: What the heck happened from 2016 to 2023? Why is it taking their team so long to complete this latest game? I'm betting they didn't have their entire team working on 2016's short Arkham VR game... So that's like 8 years of a gap to complete this newest game pretty much. I imagine the pandemic affected them.

2006 Urban Chaos: Riot Response PlayStation 2, Xbox
2009 Batman: Arkham Asylum macOS, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One
2011 Batman: Arkham City macOS, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One
2015 Batman: Arkham Knight Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
2016 Batman: Arkham VR Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4
2023 Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 07:10 PM   #135
PenguinInfinity PenguinInfinity is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
This forum site has a very awful, weak Search function. I went into advanced search, typed in "Suicide Squad" without the quotes, and it said 0 results found under Title search while under the PS5 forum listing. Yet the name of this thread is "Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (Rocksteady Studios)" in the PS5 forum........ I switched it to posts, and thankfully it figured it out that way...
Colons mess up the search results. "Squad:" is considered a different word than "Squad".
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 05:51 PM   #136
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
127
Default

Hopefully Rocksteady remembers the offline mode for this game, which seems to be an online multiplayer 4 player focused game. Just add an offline mode and I'll be happy.
At this point, I don't think they've revealed any gameplay at all if I remember.

The game will probably be solid, but I'll bet the city will be empty, void of all pedestrians, as everyone is hiding from evil SuperMan is how the story will probably go. The only ones willing to face him are the Suicide Squad, and here they are.

Would be cool if after completing the game, it unlocks Superman as playable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinInfinity View Post
Colons mess up the search results. "Squad:" is considered a different word than "Squad".
Thanks. That could be the thing that affected it in that case. Sometimes the advanced Title search is good, but many times not.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 07:12 PM   #137
buck135 buck135 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
buck135's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
193
1663
114
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Hopefully Rocksteady remembers the offline mode for this game
I won't buy it unless there is an offline mode.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (08-15-2022)
Old 08-15-2022, 09:13 PM   #138
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
I won't buy it unless there is an offline mode.
Good to hear, same here. If there is no chance to play a game offline, I don't buy it. Like a movie disc, I expect to be able to play or watch entertainment as long as I have the disc and player. The day it stops being watchable due to some server disconnecting, is the day the piece of history, movie or game becomes completely unplayable.

That new Evil Dead looked interesting, only to find out the single player mode is online only. Forget it. They lost a sale.

What is unusual, is Rider's Republic, an open map multi-sport stunt game, clearly says on the back of the case, "NO offline mode", yet when I inserted and installed the PS5 disc without being online, there is an offline mode called Zen Mode, letting me play the entire map in any sport, which is all I really cared about for the game.

Hopefully Rocksteady makes the smart choice with SSquad. I've seen situations where it seemed a game would allow single player offline with AI Bots, and then for release, abandons that idea completely.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
buck135 (08-15-2022), JEDGAR1000 (08-16-2022)
Old 08-17-2022, 09:29 AM   #139
NoFro NoFro is offline
Power Member
 
NoFro's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
-
-
Default

I really struggle to believe this game will sell better as a multiplayer focused experience rather than a single player focused experience. Real fear of Avengers 2.0 with this and Gotham Knights.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 03:14 PM   #140
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFro View Post
I really struggle to believe this game will sell better as a multiplayer focused experience rather than a single player focused experience. Real fear of Avengers 2.0 with this and Gotham Knights.
Hopefully Rocksteady remembers the success of their prior Batman hits, which were single player focused games.

Gotham Knights will apparently have a single player mode where you can switch to any of the four characters whenever you want from what I saw. Hopefully that sticks.
SSquad, I still don't know anything about it due to the very limited news. Okay, just read that will offer the same feature where you can play solo and switch instantly to the other characters. But no word of offline yet for either game, since "solo mode" could easily be online only, but hopefully not, since these games hopefully have more in depth stories.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:16 AM.