Best PS5 Games Deals

Best PS5 Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dusk Diver 2 Launch Edition (PS5)
$39.99
1 day ago
Forspoken (PS5)
$69.88

One Piece Odyssey (PS5)
$59.00
1 day ago
Fallen Legion (PS5)
$39.99

Syberia: The World Before (PS5)
$29.99

Tactics Ogre: Reborn (PS5)
$34.99

Arcadegeddon (PS5)
$19.99

JoJoís Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R (PS5)
$29.99

Greedfall (PS5)
$14.38

Among Us (PS5)
$14.38

Construction Simulator (PS5)
$49.99

NBA 2K21 (PS5)
$18.64

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

Old 12-31-2021, 05:41 AM   #121
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Harley Quinn, she's overrated IMO and most of her dialog is whiny and annoying as her character is intended to be.

What are her special powers? A baseball bat pretty much...
What's Power Girl's super powers? Just really big tits?
Old 02-03-2022, 02:15 PM   #122
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

This has been delayed to 2023

Quote:
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League has been delayed until next year, according to Bloomberg. The action-adventure game was scheduled to come out sometime this year and received a trailer in December.

In a recent tweet from WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar, Kill the Justice League was left off of the list of titles debuting in 2022. He did however name another game from the DC Comics world, Gotham Knights, which was originally slated to release in 2021.

Kill the Justice League is being developed by Rocksteady, the studio responsible for the Batman-starring Arkham franchise. The last game from the studio, Arkham Knight, was released in 2015.
Old 02-03-2022, 03:47 PM   #123
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Thanks.

This game is very low on my radar. I was hoping Rocksteady was going to make a Superman game, but instead they went with Suicide Squad. It looks like it has potential though, and may turn out to be a great game to be positive about it, knowing how good the Arkham games can be.

------------
If they feel it needs another few years before release, they should figure that out before announcing a time frame release date. Just don't say anything, other than "It's still a work in progress and we don't have a time frame yet. Be patient please."

I think originally the trailer appeared for this on August 12, 2020. Then August 22, DC Fandome for the CGI trailer.

They seem to prefer showing CGI trailers so far. There was a glimpse of gameplay but it might not be real game play as it was merged in with the story trailer.

I wouldn't be surprised by a 2024 release date for this game.
Old 02-04-2022, 12:50 AM   #124
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2015

Bummer.
Old 02-04-2022, 01:45 PM   #125

Jun 2012
Dallas,TX
Send a message via Yahoo to DarthZod

Hmm.

I'm guessing Delayed until March-May of 2023 because Gotham Knights likely releasing this Summer? Also not quite done fine tuning.

I imagine both games have DLC(characters and or skins) and will defiantly want to capitalize on initial sales and Holiday sales.

Over/under that Peacemaker Is either DLC or gets challenge map?

Bummer for sure. I look forward to this. I'm currently replaying all the Batman games on my Ps5.

Hopefully WWE 2k22 - Gotham Knights - Jedi Fallen Order 2 (Holiday this year maybe?)

Can keep be busy. Not too much more I'm interested in. Maybe Sifu and Horizon 2(never finished the 1st)
Old 02-04-2022, 03:09 PM   #126
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthZod View Post
Hmm.

I'm guessing Delayed until March-May of 2023 because Gotham Knights likely releasing this Summer? Also not quite done fine tuning.

I imagine both games have DLC(characters and or skins) and will defiantly want to capitalize on initial sales and Holiday sales.

Over/under that Peacemaker Is either DLC or gets challenge map?

Bummer for sure. I look forward to this. I'm currently replaying all the Batman games on my Ps5.

Hopefully WWE 2k22 - Gotham Knights - Jedi Fallen Order 2 (Holiday this year maybe?)

Can keep be busy. Not too much more I'm interested in. Maybe Sifu and Horizon 2(never finished the 1st)
That's a good point DarthZod, about Gotham Knights possibly delaying the release and timing of SSquad, as releasing both in the same time frame would be foolish since they'd be competing against each other.
Old 02-06-2022, 11:50 PM   #127
Special Member

Dec 2015
London
Send a message via Skype™ to Verisimilitude1984

I'm on the fence about this game, but still looking out for it. The Batman Arkham games were great in terms of gameplay. Truth is, I just don't care for the Suicide Squad films so it puts me off a bit. I just want a Superman game really

Anyway, hoping this is a hit so we can have more DC games.
Thanks given by:
DarthZod (02-07-2022), Zivouhr (02-07-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 12:25 AM   #128
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude1984 View Post
I'm on the fence about this game, but still looking out for it. The Batman Arkham games were great in terms of gameplay. Truth is, I just don't care for the Suicide Squad films so it puts me off a bit. I just want a Superman game really

Anyway, hoping this is a hit so we can have more DC games.
Yeah, I remember playing Arkham Knight on PS4, seeing all the Lex Luthor advertisements, thinking there's a good chance a Superman game would be next. And while he's in fact in this new game, unfortunately they turned him evil and as the main villain. The only way this Squad will beat him is through Kryptonite just like everyone else pretty much.

2023, I'll guess by August 2023 for this Squad SSKTJL to be released.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:21 PM   #129
Special Member

Dec 2015
London
Send a message via Skype™ to Verisimilitude1984

Quote:
Yeah, I remember playing Arkham Knight on PS4, seeing all the Lex Luthor advertisements, thinking there's a good chance a Superman game would be next. And while he's in fact in this new game, unfortunately they turned him evil and as the main villain. The only way this Squad will beat him is through Kryptonite just like everyone else pretty much.

2023, I'll guess by August 2023 for this Squad SSKTJL to be released.
I would have preferred a Justice League game, but that would have brought its own problems perhaps. Suicide Squad is similar enough to the Arkham gameplay template after all - easier to make?
Old 02-07-2022, 07:33 PM   #130
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
They should just scrap the game since they donít want to release it.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:43 PM   #131
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
U.S.G. Ishimura

Quote:
I would have preferred a Justice League game, but that would have brought its own problems perhaps. Suicide Squad is similar enough to the Arkham gameplay template after all - easier to make?
I just don't know how you do the Flash in a Justice league game. At least, a justice league game in the style of this SS game anyways. That seems like the biggest hurdle.

Or maybe it's just because I get bad flashbacks to the avengers game.
Old 02-08-2022, 01:58 AM   #132
Blu-ray Duke

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
I just don't know how you do the Flash in a Justice league game. At least, a justice league game in the style of this SS game anyways. That seems like the biggest hurdle.

I think the problem is that once you end up writing any character from the top DC heroes like Superman, Flash etc. that have these amazing abilities, if you overthink it, you will naturally question why X, Y, Z thing unfolded.

Personally as long as the scenes not completely taking me out, i can even buy a bunch of marbles thrown to trip him up lol.
Old 02-08-2022, 03:39 AM   #133
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
I believe they considered it, but for some reason went with Justice League, possibly after they heard James Gunn was working on a reboot of the series just recently released. But their game missed that timing window sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post

For Superman, flying would be easy enough, but for the Flash, they could have him speed through only when he was fighting at super speeds, and then for regular walking through the city, maybe if they could, super speed or just have a slower fast run speed, faster than the other characters, like Sonic Hedgehog's speed rather than bullet speed.

Or maybe bullet time, where the world around the Flash slows down to a crawl, like Quicksilver in X-Men.
Old 08-14-2022, 05:41 PM   #134
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

This forum site has a very awful, weak Search function. I went into advanced search, typed in "Suicide Squad" without the quotes, and it said 0 results found under Title search while under the PS5 forum listing. Yet the name of this thread is "Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (Rocksteady Studios)" in the PS5 forum........ I switched it to posts, and thankfully it figured it out that way...

Rocksteady Games: What the heck happened from 2016 to 2023? Why is it taking their team so long to complete this latest game? I'm betting they didn't have their entire team working on 2016's short Arkham VR game... So that's like 8 years of a gap to complete this newest game pretty much. I imagine the pandemic affected them.

2006 Urban Chaos: Riot Response PlayStation 2, Xbox
2009 Batman: Arkham Asylum macOS, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One
2011 Batman: Arkham City macOS, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One
2015 Batman: Arkham Knight Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
2016 Batman: Arkham VR Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4
2023 Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
Old 08-14-2022, 07:10 PM   #135
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2017

Quote:
This forum site has a very awful, weak Search function. I went into advanced search, typed in "Suicide Squad" without the quotes, and it said 0 results found under Title search while under the PS5 forum listing. Yet the name of this thread is "Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (Rocksteady Studios)" in the PS5 forum........ I switched it to posts, and thankfully it figured it out that way...
Colons mess up the search results. "Squad:" is considered a different word than "Squad".
Old 08-15-2022, 05:51 PM   #136
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Hopefully Rocksteady remembers the offline mode for this game, which seems to be an online multiplayer 4 player focused game. Just add an offline mode and I'll be happy.
At this point, I don't think they've revealed any gameplay at all if I remember.

The game will probably be solid, but I'll bet the city will be empty, void of all pedestrians, as everyone is hiding from evil SuperMan is how the story will probably go. The only ones willing to face him are the Suicide Squad, and here they are.

Would be cool if after completing the game, it unlocks Superman as playable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinInfinity View Post
Colons mess up the search results. "Squad:" is considered a different word than "Squad".
Thanks. That could be the thing that affected it in that case. Sometimes the advanced Title search is good, but many times not.
Old 08-15-2022, 07:12 PM   #137
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011

Quote:
Hopefully Rocksteady remembers the offline mode for this game
I won't buy it unless there is an offline mode.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (08-15-2022)
Old 08-15-2022, 09:13 PM   #138
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
I won't buy it unless there is an offline mode.
Good to hear, same here. If there is no chance to play a game offline, I don't buy it. Like a movie disc, I expect to be able to play or watch entertainment as long as I have the disc and player. The day it stops being watchable due to some server disconnecting, is the day the piece of history, movie or game becomes completely unplayable.

That new Evil Dead looked interesting, only to find out the single player mode is online only. Forget it. They lost a sale.

What is unusual, is Rider's Republic, an open map multi-sport stunt game, clearly says on the back of the case, "NO offline mode", yet when I inserted and installed the PS5 disc without being online, there is an offline mode called Zen Mode, letting me play the entire map in any sport, which is all I really cared about for the game.

Hopefully Rocksteady makes the smart choice with SSquad. I've seen situations where it seemed a game would allow single player offline with AI Bots, and then for release, abandons that idea completely.
Thanks given by:
buck135 (08-15-2022), JEDGAR1000 (08-16-2022)
Old 08-17-2022, 09:29 AM   #139
Power Member

Aug 2011
-
-

I really struggle to believe this game will sell better as a multiplayer focused experience rather than a single player focused experience. Real fear of Avengers 2.0 with this and Gotham Knights.
Old 08-17-2022, 03:14 PM   #140
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFro View Post
I really struggle to believe this game will sell better as a multiplayer focused experience rather than a single player focused experience. Real fear of Avengers 2.0 with this and Gotham Knights.
Hopefully Rocksteady remembers the success of their prior Batman hits, which were single player focused games.

Gotham Knights will apparently have a single player mode where you can switch to any of the four characters whenever you want from what I saw. Hopefully that sticks.
SSquad, I still don't know anything about it due to the very limited news. Okay, just read that will offer the same feature where you can play solo and switch instantly to the other characters. But no word of offline yet for either game, since "solo mode" could easily be online only, but hopefully not, since these games hopefully have more in depth stories.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5