Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Alita: Battle Angel (iTunes)
$12.99
9 hrs ago
Shazam! (iTunes)
$12.99
9 hrs ago
Halloween (iTunes)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
The 40-Year-Old Virgin (iTunes)
$4.99
9 hrs ago
Lara Croft Tomb Raider Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
Annihilation / Arrival Double Feature (iTunes)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
Blockers / Bridesmaids (iTunes)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
Rampage & San Andreas 2 Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
Missing Link (iTunes)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1-3 (iTunes)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
Split (iTunes)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword / The Legend of Tarzan (iTunes)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 03-21-2018, 04:21 AM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2010
New York City, NY
Default How to upgrade HD to 4k on FandangoNow?

Anyone have any idea of how to do it? Already own the HD but it seems impossible to get 4k.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:34 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
Anyone have any idea of how to do it? Already own the HD but it seems impossible to get 4k.
4K goes by Studio, so you have to follow the Code Sheet instructions and also the 4K Spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...mh4/edit#gid=0
Old 03-21-2018, 04:52 AM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
4K goes by Studio, so you have to follow the Code Sheet instructions and also the 4K Spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...mh4/edit#gid=0
That's not what I asked. I asked how to purchase 4k on Fandangonnow when you already own the HD.

Perhaps I wasn't clear...
Old 03-21-2018, 05:03 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2014

Quote:
What has worked for me in past (before MA) is...

1) Unlink UV from Fnow account
2) Go to the movie page you want to purchase and click 'Buy' (Make sure its for UHD)
3) It will ask you to link your UV (or may be it asks this when you click on 'Complete')
4) Go ahead and link to your UV
5) It will now allow to continue and complete your purchase
Old 03-21-2018, 05:14 AM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post
What has worked for me in past (before MA) is...

1) Unlink UV from Fnow account
2) Go to the movie page you want to purchase and click 'Buy' (Make sure its for UHD)
3) It will ask you to link your UV (or may be it asks this when you click on 'Complete')
4) Go ahead and link to your UV
5) It will now allow to continue and complete your purchase
Have you tried that since MA? Most titles aren't UV anymore.

That doesn't work.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:24 AM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2014

Quote:
Have you tried that since MA? Most titles aren't UV anymore.

That doesn't work.
No, I have not tried that since FN joined MA. If you didn't buy the original HD from FN then you can try unlinking FN from MA which, I presume, would result in the title being removed from your FN library. Then try to purchase. If you originally purchased it from FN then I believe the only thing you can do is call support and have them delete the HD title from your FN account then you should be able to purchase the UHD.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:39 AM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2008

With the MA switchover:

Option 1: Delete the HD version over the phone with customer service. They should be able to stop the MA push. Maybe. You should be able to rebuy it in 4K.

Option 2: Buy a bundle with the title in 4K, if available.

Option 3: Buy the 4K from Vudu but you won't be able to use FNow credits/codes.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
With the MA switchover:

Option 1: Delete the HD version over the phone with customer service. They should be able to stop the MA push. Maybe. You should be able to rebuy it in 4K.

Option 2: Buy a bundle with the title in 4K, if available.

Option 3: Buy the 4K from Vudu but you won't be able to use FNow credits/codes.
Re: option 1 - they argued with me that because it was through MA, they couldn't even see it in my library. They ONLY saw the movies purchased through them.

Re: 2/3 - the only reason I'm trying to get it through them is because they have it for $9.99 And I'm using the credits. Otherwise it's not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post
No, I have not tried that since FN joined MA. If you didn't buy the original HD from FN then you can try unlinking FN from MA which, I presume, would result in the title being removed from your FN library. Then try to purchase.
Nope. You unlink and your movies stay there, as they should.

Last edited by IndyMLVC; 03-21-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:41 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2014

Quote:
Re: option 1 - they argued with me that because it was through MA, they couldn't even see it in my library. They ONLY saw the movies purchased through them.

Re: 2/3 - the only reason I'm trying to get it through them is because they have it for $9.99 And I'm using the credits. Otherwise it's not worth it.

Nope. You unlink and your movies stay there, as they should.
yeah, if I understand correctly above, then yes, the movie would stay there, because MA will keep in in FN. If you unlink from FN, it's probably one of those services that MA won't allow a relink until 180 days.

So unless FN is wiling to help, it's a good question how to do it. FN customer service is not really customer service, except that they tell you how to operate within FN. They aren't there to really help you make a thing work, or help you make a thing work (they seem specifically charged with not helping, except with the most basic things, like "unlink and relink", which seems to be their only answer most of the time).
Old 03-22-2018, 03:30 PM   #10
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedknee View Post
yeah, if I understand correctly above, then yes, the movie would stay there, because MA will keep in in FN. If you unlink from FN, it's probably one of those services that MA won't allow a relink until 180 days.

So unless FN is wiling to help, it's a good question how to do it. FN customer service is not really customer service, except that they tell you how to operate within FN. They aren't there to really help you make a thing work, or help you make a thing work (they seem specifically charged with not helping, except with the most basic things, like "unlink and relink", which seems to be their only answer most of the time).
I've now emailed ultraviolet, Sony and Warner brothers. UV is now in contact with FDN. God only knows where this is gonna go.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:16 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2014

Quote:
I've now emailed ultraviolet, Sony and Warner brothers. UV is now in contact with FDN. God only knows where this is gonna go.
Whoops, sorry for the typos above.

Anyway, I have now called FN twice about a UV matter, Disaster Artist is not porting to my UV locker (I bought it on FN, UHD version there, hoping the UHD/HD rights in the locker (though in Vudu it would only be HD)). I mean, not even to the locker.

So finally on the second call, they said they would "reconcile" the UV rights, 24 to 48 hours (from yesterday). We'll see what they actually do or do not do. I might have to contact UV instead.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:57 PM   #12
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedknee View Post
Whoops, sorry for the typos above.

Anyway, I have now called FN twice about a UV matter, Disaster Artist is not porting to my UV locker (I bought it on FN, UHD version there, hoping the UHD/HD rights in the locker (though in Vudu it would only be HD)). I mean, not even to the locker.

So finally on the second call, they said they would "reconcile" the UV rights, 24 to 48 hours (from yesterday). We'll see what they actually do or do not do. I might have to contact UV instead.
I wouldn't even worry about UV rights. They're not going to matter much longer.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:32 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2014

Quote:
yeah, but trying to get as much as I can to the people I share with, before anything happens. Since UV sharing is still a thing.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:20 PM   #14
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Will FDN delete a title from your library if you request it? So that you can re-buy it? Is that an option?
Old 05-08-2018, 12:01 PM   #15

Oct 2006
UK

Did you ever manage to upgrade to 4K via FandangoNow?
Old 06-01-2018, 06:32 AM   #16

Jun 2018

I can find no way to accomplish this. In reference to the gentleman with the problem with The Disaster Artist - please let me know if they somehow fix that. I have given up fighting with them. Their customer service is brutal. I have twenty emails and three phonecalls that claimed they were "reconciling" my UV rights. The problem, I believe, is they do not give you the UV rights to 4k movies. They lie and claim they do.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:18 PM   #17
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFletcher View Post
Did you ever manage to upgrade to 4K via FandangoNow?
Yes. If you're connected to MA, find out where you originally purchased the title(s) you're interested in upgrading. In my case, mostly everything was purchased at Vudu. You call vudu, have them delete them and then you can repurchase on FDN.
Thanks given by:
LFletcher (06-01-2018)
Old 06-02-2018, 06:32 PM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Houston, TX

Quote:
Yes. If you're connected to MA, find out where you originally purchased the title(s) you're interested in upgrading. In my case, mostly everything was purchased at Vudu. You call vudu, have them delete them and then you can repurchase on FDN.
There are precious few titles this might work on. Vudu deleting a title does not work if a title is linked by Movies Anywhere because even if Vudu deletes a title it still shows as owned in Movies Anywhere and therefore also on FandangoNow. If a title is UV only (generally Paramount, LionsGate, or some MGM) then this could work, alternatively you could try unlinking you UV account without deleting a title (or deleting a title from UV)- assuming you purchased the UV title on a service other than FandangoNow.
Quote:
This pretty much nails it on how unlikely it is that Vudu deleting a title will help, since that only works on UV titles which are not as likely to be newer titles and the UV 'pool' isn't growing near as rapidly as MA especially for UHD.

Last edited by Undeadcow; 06-02-2018 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:50 PM   #19
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
There are precious few titles this might work on. Vudu deleting a title does not work if a title is linked by Movies Anywhere because even if Vudu deletes a title it still shows as owned in Movies Anywhere and therefore also on FandangoNow. If a title is UV only (generally Paramount, LionsGate, or some MGM) then this could work, alternatively you could try unlinking you UV account without deleting a title (or deleting a title from UV)- assuming you purchased the UV title on a service other than FandangoNow.

This pretty much nails it on how unlikely it is that Vudu deleting a title will help, since that only works on UV titles which are not as likely to be newer titles and the UV 'pool' isn't growing near as rapidly as MA especially for UHD.
I've done it for over a dozen titles. It works perfectly. I don't know what you're talking about. They are all MA titles.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:54 AM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Houston, TX

Quote:
I've done it for over a dozen titles. It works perfectly. I don't know what you're talking about. They are all MA titles.
I'd be curious to hear if this works for anyone else. At your suggestion I had Black Mass deleted by Vudu and that did not work.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies