Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Alita: Battle Angel (iTunes)
$12.99
9 hrs ago
Shazam! (iTunes)
$12.99
9 hrs ago
Halloween (iTunes)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
The 40-Year-Old Virgin (iTunes)
$4.99
9 hrs ago
Lara Croft Tomb Raider Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
Annihilation / Arrival Double Feature (iTunes)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
Blockers / Bridesmaids (iTunes)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
Rampage & San Andreas 2 Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
Missing Link (iTunes)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1-3 (iTunes)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
Split (iTunes)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword / The Legend of Tarzan (iTunes)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 06-18-2019, 07:42 AM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
United Kingdom Flixster Video UK to end Oct 31st

Couldn't see a thread for this. Anyone else get this email?

Quote:
IMPORTANT ACCOUNT NOTICE

To Flixster Video users:

Thank you for using Flixster Video to watch your favorite movies and television shows.

Following the announcement by UltraViolet that it will be discontinuing its service on July 31, 2019, we are writing to provide you notice that Flixster Video is planning to shut down its website, applications and operations on October 31, 2019.

To enable you to continue to enjoy your video collection after the shutdown of Flixster Video, we have made arrangements to allow Flixster Video users to migrate available videos in their Flixster Video collections to Google Play. Google Play is a global online store that is home to the latest apps, games, music, movies, TV shows, books and magazines you can enjoy and share on all your favorite devices.

Please note that certain videos in your Flixster Video collection may not be available for migration to Google Play. Certain other limitations may apply subject to the terms of service and available features of Google Play in your country.

We will provide you further notice and information once this Flixster Video Ė Google Play migration process is available for Flixster Video users, which is expected to be in July 2019.

In the meantime, prior to July 31, 2019, please go to Flixster Video, log in to your Flixster Video account and make sure that your account is linked and remains linked to your Ultraviolet library to ensure that your Flixster Video collection is up to date.
Thank you,

The Flixster Video Team
Old 06-18-2019, 10:39 AM   #2

Jan 2006
Wales UK

Nope, not got that as yet.

Damn, will my Bond collection go to Google Play!?
It's gone to VUDU, but once UV is gone... will it disappear from that?
What a mess...
Old 06-18-2019, 11:03 AM   #3
Special Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapples101 View Post
Nope, not got that as yet.

Damn, will my Bond collection go to Google Play!?
It's gone to VUDU, but once UV is gone... will it disappear from that?
What a mess...
VUDU is picking up what is under myuv.com since they have a direct link and they will integrate what is there into your VUDU library as long as you don't disconnect it and same goes for Fandango Now if you have a library there as well

From my understanding since google can't read what is under myuv.com they will pickup what is in your library from flixstervideo and import your list but I expect there will be some limitations for copies that are from the US. No idea how it will work. Also it depends on what agreements they have as to if it will port over. They might not have every film in your list so they might not port. Also be interesting to see if they port in SD, HD or if any on the Sony films UHD. I not see UHD on Warner titles here in the UK.

Yes your bond collection as well as most of your FlixsterVideo films and TV will go to google play since your copies are UV just make sure you logged into Flixster and updated your library.

Google play makes sense as well since most afterwards been mostly issuing google play digital copies. For me I am just glad it's not Sky. I would not of minded iTunes as well if it was possible but hey its going somewhere I can watch them on most my platforms.

Last edited by stargazeruk; 06-18-2019 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:43 AM   #4

Jan 2006
Wales UK

I've connected my UV account via VPN to MA, VUDU, Fandango, iTunes US, Microsoft, Google Play, Amazon US etc
It's also connected to UK Flixster, WB, and Sony.

So I'm hoping I'm pretty safe. I just have this horrible suspicion that once UV shuts down that all the titles that only appear in my UK linked accounts are going to disappear from my US accounts...
Old 06-18-2019, 11:56 AM   #5
Special Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
I've connected my UV account via VPN to MA, VUDU, Fandango, iTunes US, Microsoft, Google Play, Amazon US etc
It's also connected to UK Flixster, WB, and Sony.

So I'm hoping I'm pretty safe. I just have this horrible suspicion that once UV shuts down that all the titles that only appear in my UK linked accounts are going to disappear from my US accounts...
VUDU and FandangoNow along with myuv.com already stated they are working to keep your library intact so you should not lose anything. Just log in to make sure they are up to date.

If you got any Paramount or US Lionsgate ultraviolet films they should stay at VUDU as long as you don't disconnect from myuv.com. The studios that backed MA will be in the MA library by now. If they make the switch then we at some point see them move over.

For now I am just glad we are not loosing our library so it's not to bad. Could of been worse they could of made us start over again as they did with going from iTunes/WMA to ultraviolet.
Thanks given by:
Pineapples101 (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 12:14 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
UK

Haven’t had the email yet.

Would have preferred iTunes but something is better than nothing.

I consider any that don’t transfer to have been stolen from me, because I paid for them. Ironic, from an industry that has bleated about piracy and theft of IP my whole life. Oh well. What a shambolic joke UV has been.
Thanks given by:
IronSoldier (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 12:46 PM   #7

Sep 2017
England

Google has A Knight's Tale! I'll finally be able to play it

Fingers crossed Google sort out their UHD. There's a lot of licenses I don't want to lose or get stuck with HD unable to upgrade in future

FAQ article: https://digitalsupport.warnerbros.co...lixster-Video-
Thanks given by:
Pineapples101 (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 01:20 PM   #8

Jan 2006
Wales UK

Is there any way to find out my redemption codes?

I now make a point of keeping them on a google doc, but in the early days of UV I never bothered to make a note of them or keep the leaflets.

And now I'm thinking it would be nice to have some sort of record of proof of redemption.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:29 PM   #9

Jan 2006
Wales UK

As a heads up, I just found that Flixster email in my gmail spam box
Old 06-18-2019, 02:35 PM   #10

Mar 2019
Canada

I got the email for Flixter Canada this morning. I always redeemed the UV codes just because but, frankly, I never really used Flixter since the stream was only stereo. I have most of these titles on iTunes now. There are a few in there though (my Google Play is primarily James Bond movies redeemed from the box set).
Old 06-18-2019, 03:15 PM   #11
Special Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronSoldier View Post
Google has A Knight's Tale! I'll finally be able to play it

Fingers crossed Google sort out their UHD. There's a lot of licenses I don't want to lose or get stuck with HD unable to upgrade in future

FAQ article: https://digitalsupport.warnerbros.co...lixster-Video-
That's my issue at the moment with Google Play for the UK. Only Sony titles are in UHD if you do a search in 4K. All the rest of the studios are HD. I would like it if they actually fixed that and Warner actually issue UHD codes or reissue codes for those that brought the UHD disks and get the UHD rights but I doubt it would happen.

The only saving grace is movies anywhere at least to keep the UHD rights and get UHD streaming for those titles. Given they are moving over next month I will go unlikely since in the UK UHD is in a sorry state on store fronts ATM.

I think Rakuten TV carry the most UHD you can buy in the UK digitally for films. Amazon Would be second place but I feel less then Rakuten. Google are last place. Sky you can rent but not buy and they have a lot locked in to their sky cinema.

Last edited by stargazeruk; 06-18-2019 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:30 PM   #12

Jan 2011

Quote:
As a heads up, I just found that Flixster email in my gmail spam box
Likewise. Anything else from them has got past the Spam filter!

I liked Flixster but at least it's not iTunes, which I begrudgingly have to have for a couple of titles. And that will be 2 Flixster apps I can remove. Just a bit galling when UV had warned to make sure everything was linked to Flixster when they announced they were disappearing.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:32 PM   #13

Jan 2011

Quote:
Is there any way to find out my redemption codes?

I now make a point of keeping them on a google doc, but in the early days of UV I never bothered to make a note of them or keep the leaflets.

And now I'm thinking it would be nice to have some sort of record of proof of redemption.
At the very least, you could take screenshots of your library. Better than nothing.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:54 PM   #14

Jan 2006
Wales UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Westside View Post
At the very least, you could take screenshots of your library. Better than nothing.
Good plan!
I might actually print the web page(s) to pdf when we get closer to the cut off date.
I just want to be covered, just in-case.
Thanks given by:
Teddy Westside (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 04:14 PM   #15

Mar 2017
Germany

Quote:
... I just have this horrible suspicion that once UV shuts down that all the titles that only appear in my UK linked accounts are going to disappear from my US accounts...
Why should a title disappear from your US accounts, that already has ported to Vudu/MA/itunes? If you disconnect itunes from MA now, you still have the titles in itunes, that ported from MA.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:02 PM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

I'm worried about duplications.

My UK Google play account is linked to MA, so anything in that gets ported over. But most of the UV titles in flixster are already in MA a d ported. So I'm guessing I'll end up with 2 of everything?
Old 06-18-2019, 05:26 PM   #17

Sep 2017
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by casperuk View Post

My UK Google play account is linked to MA, so anything in that gets ported over. But most of the UV titles in flixster are already in MA a d ported. So I'm guessing I'll end up with 2 of everything?
This is what i'm going to have too. I already have some duplicated titles where I bought it with credit from google surveys on the cheap but then also had a MA US port. All I can assume is we're going to get MA at some point and the porting will change or Google will update their apps/site to only show content owned from the store country you're viewing from
Old 06-18-2019, 05:37 PM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:

You will only have one copy of your Movie in MA, unless itís something uncommon with 2 versions in MA, like Disney is doing with some re-releases.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:48 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronSoldier View Post
This is what i'm going to have too. I already have some duplicated titles where I bought it with credit from google surveys on the cheap but then also had a MA US port. All I can assume is we're going to get MA at some point and the porting will change or Google will update their apps/site to only show content owned from the store country you're viewing from
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
You will only have one copy of your Movie in MA, unless itís something uncommon with 2 versions in MA, like Disney is doing with some re-releases.

I've already got duplicates.

I got Bourne from MA free when they did that promo. But I already had it on my GP from when I bought the set cheap.

So duplications are gonna happen imo
Old 06-18-2019, 07:31 PM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
I've already got duplicates.

I got Bourne from MA free when they did that promo. But I already had it on my GP from when I bought the set cheap.

So duplications are gonna happen imo
I had a lot of duplicates between my iTunes and Vudu libraries, but the point being only one copy shows in my MA library, one in my Vudu library, one in my iTunes library, one in my Google play library, etc.

If you look at your transaction history in MA, that is where you will see the movie listed for each provider that gave MA rights.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies