Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Alita: Battle Angel (iTunes)
$12.99

Shazam! (iTunes)
$12.99

Halloween (iTunes)
$9.99

The Italian Job (iTunes)
$4.99
11 hrs ago
Bolt (iTunes)
$9.99
11 hrs ago
Annihilation / Arrival Double Feature (iTunes)
$14.99

Blockers / Bridesmaids (iTunes)
$14.99

Lara Croft Tomb Raider Collection (iTunes)
$14.99

Rampage & San Andreas 2 Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99

Split (iTunes)
$9.99

Ocean's 8 & Ocean's 11 2-Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99

Missing Link (iTunes)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 07-16-2019, 09:50 PM   #1
Expert Member

Apr 2009
Default Problems with upgrading existing movies in the online locker with a 4K code

Today at Best Buy I bought the 4K version 3-pack of X-Men First Class / Days of Future Past / Apocalypse. Each movie had their own code.
Now, being a fan of these movies, I own the Blu-ray versions and already unlocked them using the digital codes that came with those versions of the movies.

When I tried to upgrade my online copies to 4K via Vudu (I have 5 linked services with the same account...Vudu/Movies Anywhere/Google Play/Fandango/Amazon) it wouldn't work. I got an error message stating that the movie was already in my collection and I couldn't use the code. That was with First Class.

I tried Days of Future Past with Google Play. Redeemed via the Fox website and it forwarded me to Google play and I get the same type of error.

Then I googled the problem. I saw that the 4K version redeems with itunes, so I unlocked Apocalypse with itunes, and it worked. It even updated Movies Anywhere and Vudu.

Is this a known issue?

It seems the problem was since I used a code with VUDU (as an example) for the original copy of the movie, I then can't use the 4K version of the code with Google Play (according to the CS I spoke with).

I was also told that there's no way to fix it.

Fox Customer Support sees the code as "redeemed" from their end and Google Play says the 4K code can't be used since the original unlock wasn't from Google Play.

It isn't a HUGE deal, but I've been paying attention to where some of the digital code issues for several years and this was completely new information.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:05 PM   #2

Aug 2010
California

I know that the 3 pack with the original xmen movies needed its digital code redeemed on movies anywhere to get 4k in all services, this one may need the same. If you buy the blu's for 1st class, dofp, and apocalypse, and redeem codes from those blu's on itunes you will get the 4k for the 3 you already have.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:32 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2014

Yes it's a known issue, a consequence of having Fox codes. Always use this guide to redeem 4K codes:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...mh4/edit#gid=0

And yes, Vudu will burn a code, even though you already own the movie. So unfortunately the wrong move there was to try to redeem the code in Vudu (all should have been redeemed in iTunes and allowed to port into MA and then Vudu). Vudu will not redeem those codes for UHD.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:33 AM   #4
Expert Member

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedknee View Post
Yes it's a known issue, a consequence of having Fox codes. Always use this guide to redeem 4K codes:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...mh4/edit#gid=0

And yes, Vudu will burn a code, even though you already own the movie. So unfortunately the wrong move there was to try to redeem the code in Vudu (all should have been redeemed in iTunes and allowed to port into MA and then Vudu). Vudu will not redeem those codes for UHD.
Neither will Google Play as it turn out.

Lesson learned.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies