Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
DC 7-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$116.99
1 hr ago
Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.22

American Gangster 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Dracula Untold 4K (Blu-ray)
$8.99

It: Chapter Two 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.99

The Wizard of Oz 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$132.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists

Old 10-11-2019, 02:21 PM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
Thornton, CO
Default Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, and El Camino Complete Collection?

So do you think they'll make a complete collection in 4k now that the series(s) is/are complete? I would double dip if it were priced reasonably...
Thanks given by:
Wes_k089 (10-11-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 02:26 PM   #2

Nov 2010

Wrong section.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212
Old 10-11-2019, 02:45 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2011

I haven't caught up on BCS, but isn't that planned to run 6 seasons? With S5 airing early next year, and no official air-date for S6, that'd put a complete collection about 2 years out, at least.

Last edited by THS; 10-11-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Thanks given by:
andyman1970 (10-11-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 02:50 PM   #4

Apr 2017
Tennessee

I got hyped reading the title, but then I saw the question mark.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:01 PM   #5
Expert Member

Apr 2014

Better Call Saul isn't done yet.
Thanks given by:
andyman1970 (10-11-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 03:34 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
Tulsa, OK (but don't hold it against me!)

Thanks given by:
gregmtl92 (10-11-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 04:06 PM   #7
Suspended

Jun 2013
Sydney, Australia

Still two years of Saul left, why do I keep seeing people jumping the gun and assuming it's over?
Old 10-11-2019, 05:11 PM   #8

Jul 2010
USA

highly doubtful
Old 10-11-2019, 05:12 PM   #9
Expert Member

Jul 2018
Seattle

Netflix has yet to release a original film on 4k blu. So, I doubt we will see El camino get a 4k blu release, let alone a whole collection of the BB universe.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:41 PM   #10

Jan 2013
Saint-Hyacinthe , Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcripe View Post
Netflix has yet to release a original film on 4k blu. So, I doubt we will see El camino get a 4k blu release, let alone a whole collection of the BB universe.
Netflix has released Stranger Things(not a movie, I know) on 4K UHD so it hasn't "never happened".

+ I'm pretty sure Sony has the blu-ray distribution rights, and they've released Brightburn on 4K this year (which is arguably a "smaller" movie than El Camino).

So I don't think it's off the table by any means. Sony has yet to release anything Breaking Bad on 4K, but so had HBO with GoT until they did.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:55 PM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcripe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamBarbeau View Post
Netflix has released Stranger Things(not a movie, I know) on 4K UHD so it hasn't "never happened".

+ I'm pretty sure Sony has the blu-ray distribution rights, and they've released Brightburn on 4K this year (which is arguably a "smaller" movie than El Camino).

So I don't think it's off the table by any means. Sony has yet to release anything Breaking Bad on 4K, but so had HBO with GoT until they did.
El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie is co-produced by Sony Television (Says so in the opening credits), and distributed through Netflix. Better Call Saul and Braking Bad are also produced and distributed on Home Video through Sony, so it's possible they will do a physical release of the movie, down the line.
Thanks given by:
Colson (10-11-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 06:44 PM   #12
Banned

Nov 2009

I hate people like you.

Ban OP.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:50 PM   #13
Banned

Nov 2009

For those wondering, though, 'El Camino' was pretty damn good.

Was it completely necessary? No.

But did Vince Gilligan and Aaron Paul give the proper closure to the character of Jesse Pinkman? You bet your ass they did.

I would love the get this entire collection on UHD, though. Even with 'Breaking Bad' not being in HDR, its 4K presentation on Netflix looks like the typical Sony goodness we've come to know and love. The grain is very well structured and resolved--but as all digital does, it plagues the overall visual fidelity. If it were given an HDR pass and released on disc, this series would look ****ing lovely.

Also, 'El Camino' is one of the most beautifully shot films of the year. THIS does need a UHD release.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:52 PM   #14
Special Member

Nov 2013

Breaking Bad looks good in 4K, but Better Call Saul looks even better, and in some ways, I enjoy the show more than BB.

I'd love to see BCS get a UHD release.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:00 PM   #15
Banned

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownianMotion View Post
Breaking Bad looks good in 4K, but Better Call Saul looks even better, and in some ways, I enjoy the show more than BB.

I'd love to see BCS get a UHD release.
A lot of BrBa fans seem to enjoy BCS a little bit more. I still prefer BrBa, but I do acknowledge that BCS is peak Gilligan in terms of overall writing and character interactions.

But what I love about BrBa, that elevates it more for me, is the general unpredictability and insane level of suspense, that I've yet to see any TV series match post-2013.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:21 PM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Daddyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSweetieMan View Post
A lot of BrBa fans seem to enjoy BCS a little bit more. I still prefer BrBa, but I do acknowledge that BCS is peak Gilligan in terms of overall writing and character interactions.

But what I love about BrBa, that elevates it more for me, is the general unpredictability and insane level of suspense, that I've yet to see any TV series match post-2013.
I'd agree that the Chuck - Jimmy relationship in BCS was a stroke of brilliance. For me, it exceeded anything in BB and capitalized on all of Odenkirk's strengths. Gilligan & Co were also more disciplined about each role staying in character, whereas in BB you had Walt and Pinkman basically switch roles at certain times. There was much unpredictability that may have worked for some fans, as you say you liked that, but I found the writing increasingly amateur. There are ways to be unpredictable while adhering to the rules you have made for each character. Then of course you had an entire episode dedicated to chasing a fly around a lab. Total garbage IMO, yet fans loved it.

I would also say that BCS has never achieved its heights of the Chuck - Jimmy relationship since Gus was brought in and the BB prequel dovetailing became the sole theme.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:55 PM   #17
Banned

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremal View Post
I'd agree that the Chuck - Jimmy relationship in BCS was a stroke of brilliance. For me, it exceeded anything in BB and capitalized on all of Odenkirk's strengths. Gilligan & Co were also more disciplined about each role staying in character, whereas in BB you had Walt and Pinkman basically switch roles at certain times. There was much unpredictability that may have worked for some fans, as you say you liked that, but I found the writing increasingly amateur. There are ways to be unpredictable while adhering to the rules you have made for each character. Then of course you had an entire episode dedicated to chasing a fly around a lab. Total garbage IMO, yet fans loved it.

I would also say that BCS has never achieved its heights of the Chuck - Jimmy relationship since Gus was brought in and the BB prequel dovetailing became the sole theme.
I respect it.

But I would counter that even with those shortcomings, BCS hasn't had any moments like
[Show spoiler]the exploding tortoise; The shootout in 'One Minute'; The ending of 'Half Measures'; The "6353 Onetobo Apartment #6... Yeah!" dialogue exchange; The shootout between Jack's gang and Hank and Agent Gomez; And the entire 60-minutes of 'Ozymandias', which IMO, is the single greatest hour of television in television history.

But we all like what we like. This is one discussion where I won't get too defensive regardless of which way fans swing, as I love both shows for both the same--and different--reasons. But I just love the way BrBa came out of nowhere, with this Mr. Rogers turned Scarface story, with a generational performance from Bryan Cranston.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:28 PM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2016
California

Why hasn’t this been moved to the Wishlist section?
Old 10-11-2019, 08:36 PM   #19
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
Tulsa, OK (but don't hold it against me!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremal View Post
Then of course you had an entire episode dedicated to chasing a fly around a lab. Total garbage IMO, yet fans loved it.
Not all of them. That one episode is the sole tarnish on what, otherwise, is the most consistently quality television show I've ever seen. It's like a half-inch tear on the Mona Lisa.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:15 AM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2013
Sunnydale

I'd be happy with just a 4k breaking bad set, biggest want on the format.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > 4K Wish Lists