Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Men in Black Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.96
10 hrs ago
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
The Predator (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
Lucifer: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$25.15
 
This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$4.99
 
The Meg (Blu-ray)
$24.99
21 hrs ago
The Hitman's Bodyguard (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Blu-ray)
$26.42
37 min ago
The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96
 
Barry Lyndon (Blu-ray)
$18.96
 
Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
Sacrifice! (Blu-ray)
$6.90
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Posters and Art


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2016, 01:30 PM   #21
Elinvader1 Elinvader1 is offline
Member
 
Elinvader1's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Jax , FL
177
12
Default

Which style of Episode 3 are you missing? The advance teaser or the final style? Final style was the cast version by Drew Struzan who did the artwork for all three prequel final style posters as well as other Star Wars post

I'm missing the Episode 3 Final Style Poster.....I have the Episode 1 and 2 Final style posters and a Episode 1 teaser...The Episode 1 teaser is the one Anakin coming out of the Hut House and his shadows reflects a Darth Vader.......
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 03:57 PM   #22
Kinsella5 Kinsella5 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Kinsella5's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum
4
103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinvader1 View Post
Which style of Episode 3 are you missing? The advance teaser or the final style? Final style was the cast version by Drew Struzan who did the artwork for all three prequel final style posters as well as other Star Wars post

I'm missing the Episode 3 Final Style Poster.....I have the Episode 1 and 2 Final style posters and a Episode 1 teaser...The Episode 1 teaser is the one Anakin coming out of the Hut House and his shadows reflects a Darth Vader.......
I will private message you directly as I have that style you are looking for in stock, double-sided with the anti-counterfiet backlit watermark logo on the backside.
K5
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Underworld54 (01-02-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 06:47 AM   #23
csg91 csg91 is offline
Active Member
 
csg91's Avatar
 
May 2014
North Carolina
550
79
41
Default

I managed to get one when it was on Disneys site luckily. I'm curious if anyone here opted to purchase the 3 prints they had for linking Disney Rewards with Fandango VIP? I'm curious if they look nice in person and if they are on decent material.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:54 AM   #24
The_Donster The_Donster is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
The_Donster's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas
216
231
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csg91 View Post
I managed to get one when it was on Disneys site luckily. I'm curious if anyone here opted to purchase the 3 prints they had for linking Disney Rewards with Fandango VIP? I'm curious if they look nice in person and if they are on decent material.
I decided to pass on this, but I did get the Avengers set. Which, if I was to venture a guess is probably the same paperweight as this new set of posters.
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?

Bedroom: VIZIO E470VL Sony BDP‑BX510
Front room: Samsung 65KS8000, Halo XBox One
The Boy’s room: LG 55LE5500 Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360
TBD: GoW Xbox 360 Onkyo HT-S5300 VIZIO VSB200 Sound Bar
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:33 AM   #25
J.D. Lombardi J.D. Lombardi is offline
Senior Member
 
J.D. Lombardi's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
NJ
474
124
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csg91 View Post
I managed to get one when it was on Disneys site luckily. I'm curious if anyone here opted to purchase the 3 prints they had for linking Disney Rewards with Fandango VIP? I'm curious if they look nice in person and if they are on decent material.
Just got them in the mail the other day. They're not bad at all really. I thought they'd have been on thicker paper, but I've nothing to complain about them.

lol Would I rather have had the double-sided Force Awakens poster? SURE, but I joined the club late and don't feel like paying eBay prices at the moment. (they're really not all that rare though)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:00 AM   #26
Kinsella5 Kinsella5 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Kinsella5's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum
4
103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D. Lombardi View Post
lol Would I rather have had the double-sided Force Awakens poster? SURE, but I joined the club late and don't feel like paying eBay prices at the moment. (they're really not all that rare though)
Trust me when I say this, they are rarer than you think and finding one in near-mint/mint condition is also much rarer than you think. The bulk of what you see on eBay are mostly made up of those who got from DMR or someone from a theater, the majority of which aren't in near-mint/mint condition. Its an entirely different type of collectible, and the serious collectors want them as pristine as can be.
K5
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:55 PM   #27
J.D. Lombardi J.D. Lombardi is offline
Senior Member
 
J.D. Lombardi's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
NJ
474
124
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
Trust me when I say this, they are rarer than you think and finding one in near-mint/mint condition is also much rarer than you think. The bulk of what you see on eBay are mostly made up of those who got from DMR or someone from a theater, the majority of which aren't in near-mint/mint condition. Its an entirely different type of collectible, and the serious collectors want them as pristine as can be.
I worked at a movie theater for 5 years and have collected posters and and such for about 3 decades now. I know what is and isn't rare....and what isn't rare, is a film's poster from 2016 that banked a billion dollars. There are plenty of perfectly rolled double-sideds out there for the having. But, because it is Star Wars they'll forever be jacked up in price.

I got PLENTY of rolled posters in manufacturer's tubes when I worked for United Artists theaters because I knew the folks dropping off the movies and doing the marquees. Not every poster at the theater is used.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:52 AM   #28
Kinsella5 Kinsella5 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Kinsella5's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum
4
103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D. Lombardi View Post
I worked at a movie theater for 5 years and have collected posters and and such for about 3 decades now. I know what is and isn't rare....and what isn't rare, is a film's poster from 2016 that banked a billion dollars. There are plenty of perfectly rolled double-sideds out there for the having. But, because it is Star Wars they'll forever be jacked up in price.

I got PLENTY of rolled posters in manufacturer's tubes when I worked for United Artists theaters because I knew the folks dropping off the movies and doing the marquees. Not every poster at the theater is used.
No disrepect intended but I have been heavily involved in the movie poster industry for over 25 years dealing with individuals within studios, distribution hubs and other channels. You aren't seeing the big picture here. Disney titles are some of the rarest modern day originals out there, studios do not make their posters available for public sale, they just can't be purchased at a store like comic books, baseball cards, etc. There are many factors that drive a poster up in value, it's not just because it says "Star Wars" on it. Nor does it have anything to do if a film makes x amount of money. Just because a film does a billion dollars doesn't mean the poster is less collectible or easy to find. Look at Avatar, those originals were quite difficult to find, and then look at The Rocketeer, which made very little money, still an equaly hard to find poster. So box office take has nothing to do with it. Sure there are tons of Star Wars fans and collectors but when it comes to the authentic posters for the latest film, there aren't nearly as many out there in "perfect" condition in the hands colletors. Sure Disney Movie Rewards offered x amount, but how many arrived mint? Probably a very small amount if you go through just this forum as an example. Then you have a few dealers who might have been able to get some, but how many of those were in perfect shape?

Where exactly are the plenty of perfectly rolled double-sided posters you are referring to? There is no question that there are probably boxes of them that were left over but are they in the hands of dealers or collectors? No. They are in the hands of Disney, where they will more than likely stay. There are instances when a studio simply stores these extras. Have you been to these places and see them first hand? No? Well I have. It's mind-boggling and tempting to say the least. Trust me there is much you don't know, and much I can't say. Having a person working at a theater doesn't mean much when it comes to posters, yes not every poster is used by a theater, sometimes they get extras, when they only need one, theaters get them shipped either directly or a rep comes in to put them up as you know it. But that is just scratching the surface, and doesn't really represent that much. There are things I could tell you that would make your head spin when it came to this hobby, but we shall leave it at that.

When you do find where those "plenty of perfectly rolled double-sided posters are", provided they are authentic originals and not counterfeits, please let me know, there probably is a pot of gold and a Leprechaun waiting as well with them. ;-)
K5
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:20 AM   #29
Underworld54 Underworld54 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Underworld54's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Albany NY
163
4
13
Default

Yes DMR might have shipped a bunch but there were horror stories on how they shipped, I highly doubt there are a ton of perfectly mint TFA posters out there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:47 AM   #30
J.D. Lombardi J.D. Lombardi is offline
Senior Member
 
J.D. Lombardi's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
NJ
474
124
3
Default

Kinsella, I've seen your posts all over and you fancy yourself quite the authority and that is fine...just don't tell other people what they do or don't know.

you don't know me, but I can tell from your posts that you're not connected to anyone in the industry you are a fan of. I am, and I'll leave it at that.

And do me a favor, don't send me private messages.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:02 AM   #31
Kinsella5 Kinsella5 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Kinsella5's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum
4
103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D. Lombardi View Post
Kinsella, I've seen your posts all over and you fancy yourself quite the authority and that is fine...just don't tell other people what they do or don't know.

you don't know me, but I can tell from your posts that you're not connected to anyone in the industry you are a fan of. I am, and I'll leave it at that.

And do me a favor, don't send me private messages.
Wow somebody is having a bad day. Fancy myself as quite the authority? Not hardly but if I was to compare my history against someone who worked in a theater for five years, I think I have a bit more knowledge when it comes to posters, but I would hardly consider myself an authority, just someone who has helped a lot of people out, and up until now everyone has been cool and thankful about it. No, I dont know you, and you don't know me. That we can agree on, but I guess I don't quite understand your hate. I didn't say you were not allowed to speak your opinion but when you make statements that there are "plenty of double-sided SW:FA posters in perfect condition" but can't explain further when asked, that would be the same as if I got on a plane and said "Hey I can fly this plane, I used to play Flight Simulator!"

I'm not connected to anyone in the industry? Ok you can think that, I won't be offended. I don't run around claiming to be the knower of everything posters, never have and never will, everyone has their sources and contacts in life, congratulations if you do. Sorry if my private message was too much for you to handle, especially I did so in a friendly manner.
K5

Last edited by Kinsella5; 02-22-2016 at 05:06 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Underworld54 (02-22-2016)
Old 04-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #32
Darev Darev is offline
Senior Member
 
Darev's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
619
2
Default

Not to weigh in TOO terribly late, but I also worked at a movie theater chain for nearly 10 years, most of which as a projectionist, and have a vast collection of posters.

Not all movie posters come out of the shipping tube in 'mint' condition. Stuff happens during transit, edges get caught between the cardboard and cap of the tube. While I don't remember which movie it was, we got one film's poster in a tube that had been bent 90 degrees during shipping. It wasn't pretty.

To me, ebay is buyer beware. The one time I've sold something recently, a comic book that had a surprisingly high value (in my opinion) I took a dozen high res closeups of the cover, back cover, edges to prove that it was as close to mint condition as I've seen a 25 year old comic be and then spent $40 on 'free' shipping to get it to the buyer.

For ungraded items there's always a risk involved with buying things like these types of items.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:42 PM   #33
J.D. Lombardi J.D. Lombardi is offline
Senior Member
 
J.D. Lombardi's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
NJ
474
124
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darev View Post

To me, ebay is buyer beware. The one time I've sold something recently, a comic book that had a surprisingly high value (in my opinion) I took a dozen high res closeups of the cover, back cover, edges to prove that it was as close to mint condition as I've seen a 25 year old comic be and then spent $40 on 'free' shipping to get it to the buyer.

For ungraded items there's always a risk involved with buying things like these types of items.
I'll have to take my ebay career as one being pretty lucky then. I've NEVER had someone complain to me a book wasn't graded as I'd described. Like you stated above, I also take plenty of images too, just in case you get one of those weirdos that seem to come around once ever six months and harass the hell out of you. lol

But even in terms of purchasing, unless something accidentally got destroyed in the mail, I think I may have had one instance of getting something that wasn't as it was described.

You really have to know who you're buying from. When I say that, I mean that if there are 40 of the same item on there, I'm not buying instantly from the cheapest seller. If I look at someone's item that is more expensive - despite being the same item - but their wording/auction instills more confidence from me, I'll spend more for that extra peace of mind.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:21 PM   #34
Brewc Brewc is offline
Senior Member
 
Jan 2012
the 276 of Virginia, USA
298
29
Default

If anyone wants them I have two of the posters FS or Trade, never taken out of the tubes to check as the tubes came intact with caps on both ends.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:42 AM   #35
Darev Darev is offline
Senior Member
 
Darev's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
619
2
Default

I just got a 2nd one from DMR today. Even in the tube one of the corners is pretty crinkled.

Best bet is to open and look at it just to make sure.

Unopened does NOT mean 'mint'
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:39 AM   #36
JustAnEpicPerson JustAnEpicPerson is offline
Expert Member
 
JustAnEpicPerson's Avatar
 
May 2013
Austin, TX
96
16
83
Default

I just ordered one of these today. Hopefully it comes in reasonable condition. Either way, I can't wait to frame it and hang it!

Last edited by JustAnEpicPerson; 05-02-2016 at 02:48 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:21 AM   #37
worldchmps worldchmps is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sep 2011
5
Default

Looks like these are back in stock. Kinda shocking since they were sold out. When will a poster go up for the prequel?

Any posters on DMR for Captain America: Civil War?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:00 PM   #38
obriensg1 obriensg1 is offline
Power Member
 
obriensg1's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Minnesota
23
420
104
281
5
97
Default

I have extra Force Awakens (Final Version) because they replaced a couple for me that showed minor damage on the side.

I'm not looking for an outrageous price. $50 shipped. I think that's decent.
My (Modest) Home Theater:
http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...mber=obriensg1

Luke Skywalker speaks!
December 15th, 2017
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 11:24 PM   #39
gmvegas20 gmvegas20 is offline
Member
 
Aug 2016
Default

I lucked out on mine, they sent me 2 on accident, which protected the inner one during shipping because the outer poster got pretty mangled.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 02:29 PM   #40
J.D. Lombardi J.D. Lombardi is offline
Senior Member
 
J.D. Lombardi's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
NJ
474
124
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obriensg1 View Post
I have extra Force Awakens (Final Version) because they replaced a couple for me that showed minor damage on the side.

I'm not looking for an outrageous price. $50 shipped. I think that's decent.
yeah, at least they seem good with replacing damaged items. lol Made me send them images of the Finding Dory poster they'd sent me, which they somehow mangled putting into the tube (the tube was perfect upon arrival).

Sent me out another one that arrived just fine.

On another note, though it doesn't mention being double-sided, Force Awakens posters look to be back in stock on DMR's site.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Posters and Art


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:19 PM.