Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
NEO: The Worlds Ends with You (Switch)
$44.99

Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit (Switch)
$74.99

LEGO City Undercover (Switch)
$19.99

The LEGO NINJAGO Movie Videogame (Switch)
$19.99

Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics (Switch)
$32.88

Gear Club Unlimited 2 - Tracks Edition (Switch)
$18.99

Ys IX: Monstrom Nox (Switch)
$48.00

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (Switch)
$39.99

Hades (Switch)
$29.88

Baldur's Gate (Switch)
$30.43

Sonic Colors Ultimate (Switch)
$33.88

Street Power Soccer (Switch)
$13.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 10-16-2021, 07:43 PM   #81
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2014

While some of the EMMI sections can be annoying so far I don’t find the game too hard (that may change later lol). I feel the difficulty has been just right so far & I usually suck at hard games (I’m looking at you Souls games). As for if it’s worth $60, I think it depends on if you are a Metroid fan or fans of Metroidvania games in general. For me, it’s absolutely worth $60.

Last edited by darkness2918; 10-16-2021 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-16-2021, 07:49 PM   #82
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008

To me, the artistry of Metroid is that you must use the language of the game - how enemies are acting in their environment, what the map layout is telling you, how the terrain variations stand out - to read how to move forward. There's no artistry in a beep/arrow just saying "go here next".

So, for example, in Super Metroid you have to notice the three crawling enemies moving from the one hole in the wall to understand that's the path to go next, and lo and behold you get the ice beam. Then you have to learn the ice beam's abilities via trial and error, but the way the game does this is by having those same three enemies start in the room right outside the ice beam acquirement room. 99% of players are going to immediately shoot those enemies and by doing so learn how the ice beam freezes them first before damaging them, making the frozen enemies become temp platforms. So then, the next room the player now knows to freeze the jumping enemies to create a platform to get through the narrow pathway. None of this is explained in text or by map pointers, but by the visuals and gameplay.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch