Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Last-Minute Holiday Deals are Live »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
DC Universe: 10th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray)
$98.99
10 hrs ago
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99
1 hr ago
The Matrix Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99
10 hrs ago
Illumination Presents: 6-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
2 hrs ago
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
22 hrs ago
Mortal Engines 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.95
19 hrs ago
Supernatural: The Complete Thirteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
9 hrs ago
Reign of the Supermen (Blu-ray)
$14.99
17 hrs ago
Ocean's 8 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

Dracula: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture Collection (Blu-ray)
$16.96
10 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 03-05-2010, 12:53 AM   #1

Oct 2008
South Florida
Default Looking for a center channel speaker!!!

hey guys, I've been a member for a while now but never really posted much on the audio side of the forum. I am having trouble finding a center channel speaker for my house. I am looking for something thats not really deep so that it doesnt hang too far out in front of the TV. My flat panel is hanging over my fire place and I dont have a shelf so I plan to mount the speaker on some brackets. I purchased the Polk Audio CS10 center channel. Good price, good looks, great sound but they are too deep for my taste. Anyone has any idea of what I can get that looks good. For the price I will like to stay around 200 bucks.
Any help will be appreciated.
thanks
Old 03-05-2010, 12:58 AM   #2
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2009
Tampa, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleans13 View Post
hey guys, I've been a member for a while now but never really posted much on the audio side of the forum. I am having trouble finding a center channel speaker for my house. I am looking for something thats not really deep so that it doesnt hang too far out in front of the TV. My flat panel is hanging over my fire place and I dont have a shelf so I plan to mount the speaker on some brackets. I purchased the Polk Audio CS10 center channel. Good price, good looks, great sound but they are too deep for my taste. Anyone has any idea of what I can get that looks good. For the price I will like to stay around 200 bucks.
thanks
Can you give us an idea of the space / measurements you have to work with? I have a similar space constraint, and I ordered a custom center speaker to accomodate the dimensions.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:43 AM   #3

Oct 2008
South Florida

This is the space I have. I will like to build a shelf but for now the speaker is going to hang on a bracket right off the wall.
custom speaker by who??

http://themoralesfamily2.shutterfly.com/179
Old 03-05-2010, 01:53 AM   #4

Dec 2008
Louisville, KY

What brand and model are your other speakers?
Old 03-05-2010, 02:02 AM   #5

Oct 2008
South Florida

they are in cealing speakers, so I dont really have to match.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:19 AM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Daddyland

So then something like this wouldn't really work?

Old 03-05-2010, 04:59 AM   #7

Dec 2009
Las Vegas

Quote:
thanks
How about an on wall center. Here are some examples from Axiom.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/wallspeakerw100_main.html
http://www.axiomaudio.com/wallspeakerw150_main.html

Speakers like this do compromise in sound some, but when you place size constraints options get a bit limited. There are probably others similar to this by different manufacturers, or even in wall options if you are interested in that. I'm not really up on retail stuff though so hopefully someone else will have some more options for you.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #8

Dec 2008

Quote:
thanks
I have a similar situation where the Center is above the Plasma TV. I managed to get the right bracket for the space and even though the speaker hangs out a bit it does not draw attention. Here is the picture:

Old 03-05-2010, 02:29 PM   #9

Oct 2008
South Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayas11 View Post
I have a similar situation where the Center is above the Plasma TV. I managed to get the right bracket for the space and even though the speaker hangs out a bit it does not draw attention. Here is the picture:

Did you get that bracket from amazon? It looks like one I saw there. Would it hold a heavy center channel?
Old 03-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #10

Oct 2008
South Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerserker View Post
How about an on wall center. Here are some examples from Axiom.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/wallspeakerw100_main.html
http://www.axiomaudio.com/wallspeakerw150_main.html

Speakers like this do compromise in sound some, but when you place size constraints options get a bit limited. There are probably others similar to this by different manufacturers, or even in wall options if you are interested in that. I'm not really up on retail stuff though so hopefully someone else will have some more options for you.
These are awesome looking but its a brick wall the TV is mounted on. Its funny I dont really care about the speaker not lining up with the TV.. all of this is because my wife hates it. But I dont want to sacrifice the sound.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #11

Oct 2008
South Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremal View Post
So then something like this wouldn't really work?

I wish!!!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 02:34 PM   #12
Power Member

Jan 2008

Quote:
This is the space I have. I will like to build a shelf but for now the speaker is going to hang on a bracket right off the wall.
custom speaker by who??

http://themoralesfamily2.shutterfly.com/179
Please post pictures in your gallery. Your external link didn't display any pictures of your setup. I would like to see it, though.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:35 PM   #13

Oct 2008
South Florida

thanks for the help so far guys... At this rate I might keep this speaker or get the $500 infinity cc225. they are only 5 inches deep but I dont know if the sound is great. The other problem is, I dont know that I want to spend that much right now.
http://www.infinitysystems.com/home/...USA&Country=US
Old 03-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #14

Dec 2008

Quote:
Did you get that bracket from amazon? It looks like one I saw there. Would it hold a heavy center channel?
Yes I got it from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006H8GQ2/ref=oss_product

Maximum load capacity is 45 lbs
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers