Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
10 Cloverfield Lane 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.93
7 hrs ago
A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
$9.81

Avengers: Infinity War 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.34

Seven Heavenly Virtues: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Miller's Crossing (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Isle of Dogs (Blu-ray)
$13.96

The Blood Island Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Smallfoot (Blu-ray)
$22.95

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.96

The Glenn Miller Story (Blu-ray)
$15.57

Bohemian Rhapsody (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch (Blu-ray)
$22.99
21 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 09-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
Expert Member

Dec 2008
Cincinnati, OH
Default What are Polk TSI100Bs?

Just shopping around. Found hhgregg has these Polk bookshelves. How do they compare to the Monitor 30's? I'm having a hard time finding info on this model number...is it the bottom of the barrel for Polk?
Old 09-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by acritzer View Post
Just shopping around. Found hhgregg has these Polk bookshelves. How do they compare to the Monitor 30's? I'm having a hard time finding info on this model number...is it the bottom of the barrel for Polk?
I'm not sure what the "b" is for though it may be for the color "black" and perhaps if they have a "c" it's for "cherry". I do own the TSi100's in black and use them for rear surrounds you can see them in my gallery. I think they would be good fronts if small bookshelf speakers is the way you want or need to go. I will tell you that a sub-woofer is a must. If you could spring a little more cash, I would recommend the TSi200 for fronts. I own those and use them in my basement office secondary HT and they are excellent for fronts and offer 2 - 5 1/4" woofers so they can give you better bass response than the TSi100's but you would still need a sub woofer. the TSi200's are also larger than the 100's so measure your space carefully.

best of luck keep us posted.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
Expert Member

Dec 2008
Cincinnati, OH

Well, I'm looking for height speakers...will these match up with my 60's and CS2? Or, should I go with Monitor 30's?
How come they're so cheap? I thought the TSI's were more expensive? They have them for $100 a pair?
Old 09-24-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
Well, I'm looking for height speakers...will these match up with my 60's and CS2? Or, should I go with Monitor 30's?
How come they're so cheap? I thought the TSI's were more expensive? They have them for $100 a pair?
remember the store your talking about is a newly opened store so i'm sure it's a sale (i think they are circuit city under a new name, even the same color outfits with the red shirts!)
those speakers will timbere match with your current polks no problem and will probably do nicely for heights. they are very nice speakers.

please keep me posted.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
Expert Member

Dec 2008
Cincinnati, OH

?? HHgregg has been around for a long time now...and was certainly here while CC was around.
Looks like they have a glossy finish to them. If this is the case I'll probably stick to ordering Monitor 30's since they'll match the rest of my front with looks and sound.
We'll see.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #6
Expert Member

Dec 2008
Cincinnati, OH

Okay, scratch that HHgreggs website is a bit deceptive and the $85-99 price is per speaker, but they sell them in boxes of two. More in line with prices I've seen elsewhere so that makes sense.
Looks like I'm back to finding some Monitor 30's....want to keep the cost down.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
?? HHgregg has been around for a long time now...and was certainly here while CC was around.
Looks like they have a glossy finish to them. If this is the case I'll probably stick to ordering Monitor 30's since they'll match the rest of my front with looks and sound.
We'll see.
i was talking about the state i live in. they have never been here before and if they have it's the first time in the 15 years that i've lived here that they have advertised.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:04 PM   #8
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
Okay, scratch that HHgreggs website is a bit deceptive and the $85-99 price is per speaker, but they sell them in boxes of two. More in line with prices I've seen elsewhere so that makes sense.
Looks like I'm back to finding some Monitor 30's....want to keep the cost down.
i'd tell ya if you could hold out and save a little that you will be very happy with the TSi100's but i do understand about funds.

best of luck.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:18 AM   #9

Jun 2007

The B. Stands for black. I have them as my rears and their very good and produce clear and loud sound quality. They're black wood housing with piano black tops.

Last edited by Semp1; 09-25-2010 at 01:20 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers