Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
£7.49

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Blu-ray)
£15.99
11 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series (Blu-ray)
£19.99

X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£24.99

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
£21.39

The Deer Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
£20.49

Gotham: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
£21.99

The Flash: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
£21.99

Rampage (Blu-ray)
£7.49

Supergirl: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
£21.99

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
£19.79

The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society (Blu-ray)
£9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 03-20-2014, 09:01 AM   #21
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
I've not had the pleasure of seeing the 1986 horror film, but I can understand the confusion. However, I also do think that Complete Collection is enough to avoid confusion.
I'm not trolling to start any arguments....but the 80's horror DVD set is called House - complete collection, hence why so many including me, open it thinking its the 80's horror set.
Only adding M.D or TV series would clarify.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:01 AM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
Co. Cork, Ireland

Great news. Glad I held off buying the DVDs.

For anyone wanting individual seasons, Germany will have them.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:47 AM   #23

Jun 2012
London

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
I've not had the pleasure of seeing the 1986 horror film, but I can understand the confusion. However, I also do think that Complete Collection is enough to avoid confusion.
Like many others I thought that this was a thread for the Complete Collection of all four House horror films, it's not enough to avoid the confusion.

Having said that, House the tv show is great and my girlfriend is very happy that we'll be able to get another shoe box sized set.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #24
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignotum View Post
Cool. Now the preorder on Spain is ready

Pre-Order from Spain

EUR 121,09

Also added to the database.

This Spanish set is currently the cheapest option: €121,09 is over €40 less than the cheapest the German season sets have ever been (some have gone up in price), and means about 100 plus shipping. To the States, it's €100,08 + shipping, which is over €60 less than the current price of the individual German sets, and currently a little less than 85.

So Universal UK and Amazon will have to agree on some aggressive pricing to make the UK set an attractive option.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:41 PM   #25

Jul 2012

Love House MD

Such smart scripts and awesome soundtracks. Plus Hugh is a legend
Old 03-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Southampton, England
Send a message via MSN to The Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu MacReady View Post
I'm not trolling to start any arguments....but the 80's horror DVD set is called House - complete collection, hence why so many including me, open it thinking its the 80's horror set.
Only adding M.D or TV series would clarify.
Oh. Right. I assumed it was one film. In which case, yes. I can see the confusion now.

Back to the thread at hand, I won't get it immediately, though I would like to watch the whole series.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:18 AM   #27
Site Manager

Aug 2006
USiberia
Default pre-order

House M.D.: The Complete Series Blu-ray
Old 03-24-2014, 02:41 AM   #28
Expert Member

Jan 2008
DigiBooks...........................34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAndFluid View Post
This is a rare example of a title I won't buy. Never understood its popularity as it was the exact same story every single week. Somebody gets sick. Nobody can work out what it is, until in the last 10 minutes House finally works out it's some obscure medical condition and saves the day. Week after week after week the exact same story. Tedious after one season, but eight?!!? Lord above!
If this is your assessment than I will say you haven't watched many episodes. I'm assuming this will be region free since it's universal?

Last edited by sackexchange; 03-24-2014 at 02:46 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:26 AM   #29

Jul 2011

This is torture. I bought the first 6 individual seasons on dvd when they were first released then upgraded to blu-ray for seasons 7 and 8. I spent almost around 180 pounds and now THIS!!!??? WHY. I don't want to double dip but HD treatment for first 5 seasons plus SUBTITLES is very tempting but I think i'll pass. Can't afford to waste more on House and Already saving money for other Newer stuff than Dear House.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:44 AM   #30
Special Member

Jun 2013

Complete sets for TV shows in the UK tend to drop in price by a hell of a lot. I'm happy to wait until this one does.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:19 AM   #31
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackexchange View Post
If this is your assessment than I will say you haven't watched many episodes. I'm assuming this will be region free since it's universal?
It should be, but Universal have recently developed a habit of B locking British shows and encoding them in the original 1080/50i, so I wouldn't assume prematurely...
Old 03-24-2014, 01:22 PM   #32
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

I have updated this link, as it originally went to a duplicate listing, which I have since altered:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deciazulado View Post
Currently 122.00 at Amazon, the Spanish set is somewhat cheaper, still at €121,09 (approx 101) for those that have to pay full price.

Without VAT, the UK set is 104.75 shipped to the States, but the Spanish set is still €109,08 shipped to the States, which is a savings of about 14 or US $22.

I have also deleted the run times from the listings, because there is incongruity between the different Amazon listings.

Amazon.co.jp and Universal Japan say 7771 minutes

Amazon.es says 7822 minutes

Amazon.co.uk says 7820 minutes

Obviously, someone is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz201 View Post
It should be, but Universal have recently developed a habit of B locking British shows and encoding them in the original 1080/50i, so I wouldn't assume prematurely...
We can infer from the language specs that the discs in this set should be incidental to those in the German individual releases, as well as the upcoming Japanese and Spanish box sets, so expect them to be 1080p and Region A and B compatible, at least. It wouldn't make sense for the UK branch to do its own encoding when Universal has so many releases coming at the same time.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:34 PM   #33
Banned

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackexchange View Post
I watched about five seasons before giving up. Yes they added soap opera elements that continued through the series but the "Main story" rigorously followed the formula outlined above. Every damned episode.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:01 PM   #34

Jul 2010
Shropshire, England

Ah finally! House M.D. on Blu-ray, never thought I'd see the day. This series sustained me through a turbulent tour of Afghanistan in '09 - it will be a revolution to see it in HD glory, as opposed to the hooky DVD boxset I bought from the local bazaar, viewed on a 15" laptop monitor. And I dream of being able to hear one of Hugh Laurie's Holmes-esque diagnosis without the rude interruption of a fighter jet's afterburners. Welcome news indeed - I still have yet to the see the final couple of series.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:28 PM   #35
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Scottsdale, AZ

Usually, this would be a day 1 purchase but I need to hold out a while for a US release because I simply prefer the opening theme song. At least enough to warrant me being cautious and seeing how long the wait is for a release over here.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:03 AM   #36

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
Usually, this would be a day 1 purchase but I need to hold out a while for a US release because I simply prefer the opening theme song. At least enough to warrant me being cautious and seeing how long the wait is for a release over here.
Series one in the UK still uses Massive Attack does'nt it? It think it changed for season 2. I assume they did'nt go back and remove it?

Agree though, Massive Attack is so much better....
Old 03-25-2014, 06:31 AM   #37
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by njroddy View Post
Series one in the UK still uses Massive Attack does'nt it? It think it changed for season 2. I assume they did'nt go back and remove it?

Agree though, Massive Attack is so much better....
Yes, this is a concern. Obviously, since this is a US TV series, it would be great if one of the reasons Universal is releasing this now, as a multi-region set, is because they finally cleared up any licensing issues with the original theme music (an instrumental version of Massive Attack's "Teardrop"), however, my gut tells me that all of the seasons will likely have the alternate original music theme composed for various international broadcasts. I would love to be wrong, however.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:09 PM   #38

Jun 2009
Outpost 31

The already released UK Blu-Rays of 6, 7 and 8 all feature the Massive Attack intro music; I can't see why there'd be a problem including it on the first five seasons now.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:20 PM   #39
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost.ottercrab View Post
The already released UK Blu-Rays of 6, 7 and 8 all feature the Massive Attack intro music; I can't see why there'd be a problem including it on the first five seasons now.
Again, though, these discs aren't just for the UK, but for Brazil (apparently the Portuguese is Brazilian), France (almost certainly), Germany, Holland, Japan and Spain. Unless Universal has obtained the license to use the US theme for all of these territories, they would be forced to use the international theme instead.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:36 AM   #40

Aug 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAndFluid View Post
This is a rare example of a title I won't buy. Never understood its popularity as it was the exact same story every single week. Somebody gets sick. Nobody can work out what it is, until in the last 10 minutes House finally works out it's some obscure medical condition and saves the day. Week after week after week the exact same story. Tedious after one season, but eight?!!? Lord above!
Same reason I can't stand most dramas these days - NCIS is my favourite example. It's so popular with the oldies because they can't remember from week to week that every episode is almost identical

I didn't mind House though, to be honest. Some of it can get repetitive and towards the end it went off the rails a bit, but the first half of the series was pretty darn good (it seems to get a lot of flack, IIRC, but my favourite season is 4, just because the whole absurd contest thing is so different to all the other seasons).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland