Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Shadow Of The Tomb Raider (PS4)
$44.99
 
Madden NFL 19 (PS4)
$39.99
 
Shadow Of The Tomb Raider (PS4)
$44.95
 
Destiny 2: Forsaken (PS4)
$39.99
 
Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 (PS4)
$29.99
2 hrs ago
Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4)
$51.64
 
Shenmue I & II (PS4)
$23.22
 
Farming Simulator 19 (PS4)
$44.94
 
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes Of An Elusive Age (PS4)
$49.99
 
Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PS4)
$39.99
 
Assassin's Creed Odyssey (PS4)
$104.95
12 hrs ago
Fire Pro Wrestling World Day One Edition (PS4)
$42.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2018, 01:57 PM   #41
Destinys Memory Destinys Memory is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Destinys Memory's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailking View Post
Even the individual episodes released? That's a bummer. I was waiting for the end of the season to buy it. I would have bought it up front if I knew this would happen. Guess I'll have to find a youtube playthrough or something.
The individual episodes were never available for purchase. It was buy the Season Pass or nothing at all. If you must, you can still buy it on Switch:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detai...-season-switch

But people shouldn't support a company that isn't paying its employees. The people who actually worked to make this game are fired and won't be seeing a dime of the money anyone gives Telltale now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 03:53 PM   #42
emailking emailking is offline
Senior Member
 
Aug 2015
Default

Ehh, I don't really make purchasing decisions that way. The company has a product and I decide whether or not I want it at that price. There's a class action lawsuit so if the company did something legally wrong hopefully the employees will be made whole. Otherwise, it's out of my control.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:16 PM   #43
Derb Derb is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
3255
7
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailking View Post
Ehh, I don't really make purchasing decisions that way. The company has a product and I decide whether or not I want it at that price. There's a class action lawsuit so if the company did something legally wrong hopefully the employees will be made whole. Otherwise, it's out of my control.
Notice of termination of employment hadn’t been met properly apparently. Developers were asked to get their sh*t & leave the premesis 30 minutes after arrival. Not sure where telltale studios is exactly located but most companies have to give notice of unemployment weeks before hand.

Bankruptcy might be telltales only defence if this goes to court.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:18 AM   #44
Blu-Curry Blu-Curry is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Blu-Curry's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada
236
7
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailking View Post
Even the individual episodes released? That's a bummer. I was waiting for the end of the season to buy it. I would have bought it up front if I knew this would happen. Guess I'll have to find a youtube playthrough or something.
They'll probably be back at some point. TellTale said other companies have expressed interest in finishing the work for the season.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:44 PM   #45
Havok83 Havok83 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
147
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Curry View Post
They'll probably be back at some point. TellTale said other companies have expressed interest in finishing the work for the season.
I don’t see how it would be financially worth it for any company to pick up the work on the last 2 episodes of a game that’s in its final release. TTG are liars and aren’t to be trusted right now. That was likely damage control. The devs are gone. Without them there, the last 2 episodes would be a mess as it won’t be in the creative vision they were going for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Notice of termination of employment hadn’t been met properly apparently. Developers were asked to get their sh*t & leave the premesis 30 minutes after arrival. Not sure where telltale studios is exactly located but most companies have to give notice of unemployment weeks before hand.

Bankruptcy might be telltales only defence if this goes to court.
They are in Marin County in the suburbs of San Francisco, one of the most expensive place to live in the US
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Blu-Curry (09-29-2018), Derb (09-29-2018)
Old 10-04-2018, 08:45 PM   #46
Destinys Memory Destinys Memory is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Destinys Memory's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
7
Default

Well, if it wasn't dead before... it's extra dead now.

Report: Telltale Games lays off remaining 'skeleton crew'

When Telltale Games announced its 'majority studio closure' late last month, the only reason the studio seemed to hedge on the phrase 'shutting down' was that a small team would apparently remain at the company for a short time to finish contractually obligated work.

Now, it seems that team has been laid off too. Narrative designer Rachel Noel, who previously tweeted to say they were part of the skeleton crew staying at Telltale, now says that team has been laid off.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 05:01 AM   #47
Blu-Curry Blu-Curry is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Blu-Curry's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada
236
7
1
Default

Quote:
"We’ve successfully negotiated with Telltale Games for our company Skybound to come in and see Season 4 of the Telltale game to completion,” Kirkman said.
According to a statement from Skybound, the company has "taken ownership of Telltale’s The Walking Dead: The Final Season and will finish the season. Skybound will work with members of the original Telltale team to finish the story in a way the fans deserve. Skybound will continue to update fans on the status of the game on Skybound.com, Twitter, and Facebook."
https://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2018/1...kmans-skybound
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:31 PM.