Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (iTunes)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
The Flash, Season 1-4 (iTunes)
$74.99
2 hrs ago
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (iTunes)
$59.99
2 hrs ago
Daredevil (iTunes)
$4.99
5 hrs ago
Psycho (iTunes)
$4.99
5 hrs ago
The Flash, Season 5 (iTunes)
$9.99

Fox 4K HDR Drama Collection (iTunes)
$14.99

Self/Less (iTunes)
$4.99
5 hrs ago
Parks and Recreation: The Complete Series (iTunes)
$24.99

Batman: The Animated Series, Vol. 3 (iTunes)
$19.99
2 hrs ago
Sony Pictures 4K HDR Drama Collection (iTunes)
$14.99

Supergirl, Seasons 1-3 (iTunes)
$54.99
2 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Old 03-16-2019, 04:05 PM   #441

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
Are you sure you didnít redeem an SD code?
What does it show it your purchase history under View Apple ID? If itís redeemed as the full HD/4K It should show film(HD) under the directors name.
SD codes donít really exist anymore. It came from Blu-Ray/DVD combo which ALWAYS redeems 4K since itís iTunes direct from Paramount.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:38 AM   #442

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobelowpar View Post
SD codes donít really exist anymore. It came from Blu-Ray/DVD combo which ALWAYS redeems 4K since itís iTunes direct from Paramount.
The fact that it comes out in 2 weeks is likely the issue. I have read of people having issues before release date, but those were usually HD vs. 4K. It may not be set up to deliver it at iTunes yet. Sometimes Best Buy/Walmart/Amazon/whatever will get a movie there a couple days early and I'd still advise waiting or checking on resources like 4ksheet.com before redeeming. Getting it 2+ weeks early is not the norm for a consumer, but Paramount might give you a new code if it's still not working after the release date.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:09 PM   #443
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobelowpar View Post
Unless Paramount intends to change that due to the UV shutdown, require redemption through Vudu or FandangoNow for guaranteed HD while iTunes redeems in SD. Seems like a good way to ensure users have a way to keep their Ultraviolet libraries.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:27 PM   #444

Jul 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik1138 View Post
I'm just not certain myself it affects EVERYONE... Someone mentioned the new Grinch movie was doing it, but I just watched the first 10 minutes of the movie over the weekend- no problems at all...

I've kind of lost track of what titles are affected (Dredd, Grinch, IM, is that all?), can someone post a list of titles that they have seen this problem in? Confirm that the problem still exists, and when it appears. Does it happen the instant you start the film, or start showing up randomly throughout making it impossible to watch to the end?

I have the Impossible Mission films, so I can check that one also...

And, some more needed details:
The movies that are affected, are they HDR10 or Dolby Vision (or some of each)?
Is your playback system (receiver, TV) capable of displaying the HDR format? (not all of them do Dolby Vision, which mine does not and Grinch is, so that may be why I can view it with no problems if it's an issue specifically with the Dolby Vision data...)

Just in case it's somehow related- are these Atmos, and if so, are you playing it in Atmos?

It might be a very specific situation that causes the problem, which might also be why more people aren't complaining... It might even be a very specific set of hardware (like it only happens when using a Pioneer receiver and a Samsung TV or something... Gone are the days when all you had to worry about was all of your devices simply having the same shape of plug... )

And, of course, the standard first step in troubleshooting- are ALL devices updated to the latest firmware? (ATV, receiver, TV). Even if it worked fine a week ago, maybe something has changed in the implementation of the HDR specifications that has required firmware updates to fix it... I suspect most people don't always think about updating the firmware in their TVs and receivers... Granted, it rarely seems to fix things, but certainly can't hurt to check it out.
We have now watched the Grinch a couple times now and no longer get the blue screen issues. Weird, but thankfully itís resolved.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:23 PM   #445

Apr 2010

Oh I’m so glad to see messages on The Grinch as I was seeing green screens and put it down to poor internet speeds or something. I’m glad I’ve not been alone...
Old 03-19-2019, 05:08 PM   #446

Mar 2019

My blue screen issues appear to have resolved themselves too. No explanation from Ape as to what the reasons were, but either way it's good to have normal service resumed once again.
Thanks given by:
ManOfTheForest (03-19-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 05:48 PM   #447
Expert Member

May 2010
-
-
-

According to the listing on this site and here (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/movie/id1414720458), Tucker: The Man and his Dreams is supposed to have iTunes Extras.

Does anyone here own it?

How long has it been available and is the 4K recent? Maybe Lucasfilm neglected to add the extras when upgrading it?
Old 03-20-2019, 06:32 PM   #448

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfTheForest View Post
According to the listing on this site and here (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/movie/id1414720458), Tucker: The Man and his Dreams is supposed to have iTunes Extras.

Does anyone here own it?

How long has it been available and is the 4K recent? Maybe Lucasfilm neglected to add the extras when upgrading it?
Itís definitely got iTunes Extras, you can see them when you select the Preview iTunes Extras option on ATV.
According to the 4K speadsheet itís been available in 4K since August 2018
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...kSgsFm_bPDz_WY

Cheap Charts however only shows itís first price listing being November 2018.
Thanks given by:
ManOfTheForest (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 08:02 PM   #449
Expert Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
Itís definitely got iTunes Extras, you can see them when you select the Preview iTunes Extras option on ATV.
According to the 4K speadsheet itís been available in 4K since August 2018
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...kSgsFm_bPDz_WY

Cheap Charts however only shows itís first price listing being November 2018.
I didnít think of checking AppleTV.

It is on the UK store but not the Irish Store.

Another movie Lucasfilm and Disney has neglected Ireland with. Willow is not on the store at all and A Bugís Life is also missing Extras.

Iíve looked into messaging them but I cannot find any relavant contact details.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:40 PM   #450
Expert Member

May 2010
-
-
-

I just read that Disney are expected to cut 4000 jobs between themselves and Fox.

I feel bad for the people affected.

Disney and Lucasfilm are already making a mess on iTunes with missing movies and missing iTunes extras on the Irish iTunes Store so I assume it will just get worse.

I really should have stopped buying when I discovered more and more missing films but I thought it would get sorted out eventually.

I don’t mind where licensing is an issue. I know I can easily switch between stores and I’ve never been one for the “principal of the thing” but the missing movies and extras are just a administration error by people not paying attention when doing their jobs.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes