Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Wildlife (Blu-ray)
$29.49
8 hrs ago
Six Moral Tales (Blu-ray)
$72.99

First Reformed (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.26
15 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Scorsese Shorts (Blu-ray)
$36.64
11 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 04-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #41

May 2009

Bollywood Blu-Ray, this is not the first time you have complained about not being able to "grab screen shots"... I have personally on several occasions provided you with precise, simple guidelines to take screenshots of a Blu-Ray, yet you've never acknowledged it and keep on saying you don't know how. So why don't you stop your complaining, read my guidelines, try them out, see that it works, post screenshots here, thank me and be all the wiser for it?
Old 04-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #42
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Evil_Dude View Post
I have personally on several occasions provided you with precise, simple guidelines to take screenshots of a Blu-Ray,
simple for you, but that looks like a pain in the ass to do, especially for people that don't know computers as myself! But then again if I was running a dvd/blu-ray store, I would take the time to learn how to do that, because screenshots can sell dvds/blu-rays! Especially if there's a really hot Bollywood actress in the film. For example, i've noticed that Pryanka Chopra has been in a lot of turds recently, but if I saw a lot of blu-ray screenshots of her looking her hottest, I would more likely buy a blu-ray that I didn't want to buy. I call that the "Entrapment" technique (the Catherine-Zeta Jones ass shot which got people to see the film).
Old 04-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #43
Special Member

Apr 2009
Garland, TX

The 3 disc Devdas set from Eros is the worst post-2000 set I own. The transfer is filthy and covered in dust, which amazes me. I would love to see this properly "restored" and transferred. As much as bobble-head SRK has come to irritate me, I do really like this film.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:39 PM   #44
Power Member

Feb 2009
USA/Uk/Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddly6666 View Post
simple for you, but that looks like a pain in the ass to do, especially for people that don't know computers as myself! But then again if I was running a dvd/blu-ray store, I would take the time to learn how to do that, because screenshots can sell dvds/blu-rays! Especially if there's a really hot Bollywood actress in the film. For example, i've noticed that Pryanka Chopra has been in a lot of turds recently, but if I saw a lot of blu-ray screenshots of her looking her hottest, I would more likely buy a blu-ray that I didn't want to buy. I call that the "Entrapment" technique (the Catherine-Zeta Jones ass shot which got people to see the film).
LOL tried the above sill no luck .thanks guys
Old 04-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
Johannesburg - South Africa

Oh Man, I've been wanting to Madhuri Dixit in Hi Def and then it releases on a Taiwanese release and that too on a Region A disc??? BollywoodBluray, will this ever be released in Europe or India as a Region B or Region free disc? DAMN
Old 04-22-2010, 07:29 PM   #46

Dec 2009

i also agree! need some HD screenshots of Madhuri dixit!.. i've also been waiting ages for this! please someone upload some proper screenshots!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:52 PM   #47
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Here's an HD 1080p shot:

Old 04-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #48

Oct 2009

Quote:
Bollywood Blu-Ray, this is not the first time you have complained about not being able to "grab screen shots"... I have personally on several occasions provided you with precise, simple guidelines to take screenshots of a Blu-Ray, yet you've never acknowledged it and keep on saying you don't know how. So why don't you stop your complaining, read my guidelines, try them out, see that it works, post screenshots here, thank me and be all the wiser for it?
The new updated Power DVD Don't have that Feature i guess .
Old 04-22-2010, 09:25 PM   #49

May 2009
Exclamation

Alright, if it doesn't work with the latest PowerDVD (I use version 7.3), then please follow the same guidelines I provided except with these minor modifications:

-Download VLC Media Player (link). It's free, light, and it should definitely work with this.

-Follow my guidelines except replace the parts where I wrote "PowerDVD" with "VLC Media Player".

-Go through the film looking for screenshots you want to take. To take a screenshot, press Shift+S.

If it doesn't work, then the only explanation is you aren't doing it correctly.

PS: @toddly6666 trust me there are much, much more complicated methods out there. But you can't deny I try to be as precise as possible in the instructions I give.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #50

Oct 2009

Quote:
Alright, if it doesn't work with the latest PowerDVD (I use version 7.3), then please follow the same guidelines I provided except with these minor modifications:

-Download VLC Media Player (link). It's free, light, and it should definitely work with this.

-Follow my guidelines except replace the parts where I wrote "PowerDVD" with "VLC Media Player".

-Go through the film looking for screenshots you want to take. To take a screenshot, press Shift+S.

If it doesn't work, then the only explanation is you aren't doing it correctly.

PS: @toddly6666 trust me there are much, much more complicated methods out there. But you can't deny I try to be as precise as possible in the instructions I give.
Or They can Download KMPlayer . Open the Main file as you mentioned on your post which is often biggest size from Kmplayer . When the Movie is playing they can press "ctrl+e" which will capture the image and ask for destination to save the image .
Old 04-23-2010, 07:50 AM   #51

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombeaner View Post
The 3 disc Devdas set from Eros is the worst post-2000 set I own. The transfer is filthy and covered in dust, which amazes me. I would love to see this properly "restored" and transferred. As much as bobble-head SRK has come to irritate me, I do really like this film.
guys hold on to your horses, rsarwar has one on order and can provide real 1080p digital shots possibly!

More so hold tight to your diaphna pal editions, those are priceless!
Old 04-23-2010, 10:16 PM   #52

Aug 2007
Woodbridge, ON Canada

I do Zoran Bhai but like I mentioned I don't have blu ray player in my computer to take screen shots however can definetly give all a much better idea though on the quality. Stay tuned ... Will also try to take some screen with the camera in better quality than those provided earlier with no offense to that poster.

Also a pal DVD can easily be converted into NTSC for those folks who don't have a NTSC PAL player ... Check out videohelp.com
Old 04-24-2010, 03:32 AM   #53

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh93 View Post
any chance of getting some screenshots?

My notebook doesn't come with a bd-rom, so I can't
capture the blu-ray video at this moment, I will see whether I can get some support from my friend who
has a bd writer with his PC.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:39 AM   #54

Feb 2010

Quote:
How are the English subtitles? Usually Asian dvds/blu-rays have awful grammatically incorrect Chinese English subtitles.

How would you rate the video quality then? Saying it's worse than The Dark Knight doesn't really help. Does the video quality look like the regular good quality of a dvd or a Superbit DVD or a lower-end Blu-ray?

I don't have any tool or professional utility to rate the video quality buy using my eyes, so I might be able to
give the correct answer for the video quality, however I think this blu-ray video quality is somehow worse than some popular DVD, like Dar Knight, since I have Dark Knight both DVD and blu-ray. So, it's an example that
Dark Knight blu-ray > Dark Knight DVD > Devdas blu-ray > Devdas DVD.

I have the above 4 movies, so I can compare than via
my PS3.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:51 AM   #55

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by raSpberRy View Post
A member of Blu-ray community of mine, he bought Bitwel's "Devdas" Blu-ray (not DVD)
He saved lots of Blollywood fans in mera cntry.
Even though his camera is poor, You guys would rather...

You know what I'm saying.

* If those links are broken, report me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raSpberRy View Post
Okay. I don't wanna prevent buying this.
But now-a-days we got a lesson.
"Don't trust any (broadcastsome) informations before releasing and don't expect anything."

I'll be wating real HD Screen Shots. Then you will see.
Even I can't capture some screen shots, however, those pictures shot by camera are similar to what I saw on the TV via my PS3, the video quality is not as good as other blu-rays, so it would be better wait for another devdas blu-ray release.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #56

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsarwar View Post
I do Zoran Bhai but like I mentioned I don't have blu ray player in my computer to take screen shots however can definetly give all a much better idea though on the quality. Stay tuned ... Will also try to take some screen with the camera in better quality than those provided earlier with no offense to that poster.

Also a pal DVD can easily be converted into NTSC for those folks who don't have a NTSC PAL player ... Check out videohelp.com
Dude! send it out to me lol, I got a BDROM in my desktop.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:40 AM   #57

Mar 2010

I am not buying it if thats the real quality. Its sad how good movies have such bad Blu-Rays. Post-production should be as big of a priority as the production.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #58
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

It is a Taiwanese blu-ray after all - definitely better quality than the Devdas VCD!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #59

Sep 2009

Quote:
It is a Taiwanese blu-ray after all - definitely better quality than the Devdas VCD!

I guess some non discript company in some obscure Taiwani lanes have projected VHS to create this blu ray
Old 04-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #60

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPH@b3T View Post
Or They can Download KMPlayer . Open the Main file as you mentioned on your post which is often biggest size from Kmplayer . When the Movie is playing they can press "ctrl+e" which will capture the image and ask for destination to save the image .
As I know, the legal copy of blu-ray title does have some copy protection, like AACS. So you need to use anydvd to crack it, if you don't do this, then the media file might not be used. Some times, it need some software updates for anydvd to crack the copy protection.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India