Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
8 hrs ago
Ponyo (Blu-ray)
$21.49
17 hrs ago
Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Tom & Jerry: Golden Collection, Volume One (Blu-ray)
$21.49
23 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Titans: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
13 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 10-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #21
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore
Default Barfi Joins 100 Crore club

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantedTM View Post
thanks for letting me know bro,and yea i ve noticed the movie is getting negative response more than positive im totally shocked i thought this movie was going to be a 100 cr grosser of the year and that it'll be 1 of the best movies ever made in bollywood but im surprized
@WantedTM
Just in, this is especially for u wanted TM

Barfi Joins 100 Crore club
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/16641140.cms
Old 10-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #22

Jul 2011
Default awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag1700 View Post
@WantedTM

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...g-basu-s-barfi
That's really great news
I watched OMG today Its a good movie with a good mix of comedy with a message, awesome performance by Paresh & Akshay Overall 3.5/5
Old 10-08-2012, 07:21 AM   #23

Sep 2011
Ny

Quote:
@WantedTM

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/16641140.cms
ya i found out too that Barfi crossed 100 crores and im shocked ok so past week 1 day i saw Heroine in the theater and after 2 days i saw barfi in theater in nj jersey gardens,im not gonna say much from movie promos i can tell what movie i ll like and which i wouldint so Heroine i honestly loved cuz Kareena is my fav i worship and truly love her im her biggest fan so maybe thats why i liked it i just enjoyed looking at her pretty looks threw out the film the movie was average its just on a actresses life i ll give 3 stars to it... as far as Barfi is concernd the only reason i went to watch it was becuz everyone was talking about it plus my family friends told me to go watch it so i went i was expecting strong emotional scenes that will make me cry and a decent storical film but ok i respect everyones opnion and i understand not many of you would agree with me but this movie was a torture it tested my patience at the max ok so... it started off well first 20 30 minutes were good but omg i couldint sit threw it, it was me and my dad and only a few more people sitting in the auditorium and i can tell no one was enjoying it i bet just like me everyone else came after hearing good reviews of this film which was pathetic im sorry even my dad said dat its so boring when is it gonna be over !! i honestly have no idea what da heck people liked in this movie ok i understand ranbir is a gud actor ileana was very cute but priyanka was annoying plus the story omg first he likes ileana then priyanka i got a headache man but i understand the main thing that ileana says at the end was sad maybe thats why people liked it which i wont reveal since not everyone has seen it yet...overall i ll give this movie 1 star only and yes i know probably im the only one who didnt like this film and most of you guys wont agree with me and i respect that everyone has there own opnions i said mines or maybe i had too many hopes from it since it went to oscars but this movie just wasnt my type plus its too long even if it was 2 hours and 15 minutes it wouldive bin fine but its like more than 2 and a half hours of nothing but torture,pain and boredom.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
India

Quote:
ya i found out too that Barfi crossed 100 crores and im shocked ok so past week 1 day i saw Heroine in the theater and after 2 days i saw barfi in theater in nj jersey gardens,im not gonna say much from movie promos i can tell what movie i ll like and which i wouldint so Heroine i honestly loved cuz Kareena is my fav i worship and truly love her im her biggest fan so maybe thats why i liked it i just enjoyed looking at her pretty looks threw out the film the movie was average its just on a actresses life i ll give 3 stars to it... as far as Barfi is concernd the only reason i went to watch it was becuz everyone was talking about it plus my family friends told me to go watch it so i went i was expecting strong emotional scenes that will make me cry and a decent storical film but ok i respect everyones opnion and i understand not many of you would agree with me but this movie was a torture it tested my patience at the max ok so... it started off well first 20 30 minutes were good but omg i couldint sit threw it, it was me and my dad and only a few more people sitting in the auditorium and i can tell no one was enjoying it i bet just like me everyone else came after hearing good reviews of this film which was pathetic im sorry even my dad said dat its so boring when is it gonna be over !! i honestly have no idea what da heck people liked in this movie ok i understand ranbir is a gud actor ileana was very cute but priyanka was annoying plus the story omg first he likes ileana then priyanka i got a headache man but i understand the main thing that ileana says at the end was sad maybe thats why people liked it which i wont reveal since not everyone has seen it yet...overall i ll give this movie 1 star only and yes i know probably im the only one who didnt like this film and most of you guys wont agree with me and i respect that everyone has there own opnions i said mines or maybe i had too many hopes from it since it went to oscars but this movie just wasnt my type plus its too long even if it was 2 hours and 15 minutes it wouldive bin fine but its like more than 2 and a half hours of nothing but torture,pain and boredom.
Umm..is that one sentence?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #25
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
...its too long even if it was 2 hours and 15 minutes it wouldive bin fine but its like more than 2 and a half hours of nothing but torture,pain and boredom.
So 15 min makes the difference between "fine" and "torture, pain..."?
Old 10-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #26
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

@WantedTM

Take this very seriously. Its all for your own benefit.

1) First of all, Respect your own opinion.

2) Now I have seen you asking people here earlier also why shd one use punctuation or a minimum proper english here. Its because of 1) above. The way you write your own opinion tells the world how much u trust your own words. As of now the way you write, it comes across as if u do not want people to read your opinion at all because u so strongly believe that no one will be on your side which i am very sure is not the reality.

3) Never ever try to equate/get influenced by anyone's opinion on any film no mater how popular or how unpopular. Films are subjective in their impact on viewers and thats a fact. Accept it.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #27
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

Quote:
first 20 30 minutes were good but omg i couldint sit threw it,
Very honestly, IMHO, then u shd walk out that very moment from the theatre. I personally walked out of bodyguard, Ishaqzaade and Bol Bachchan and in their approx. 30th minute. Save your time and spend somewhere else productively. However note thats just me. I understand that your list wud be different for such cases.

Last edited by Anurag1700; 10-08-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #28
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

Quote:
i honestly have no idea what da heck people liked in this movie
U ll probably faint when i tell u i have already watched it thrice in theatres and never got bored for a single second yet. Just wanted to share an an extremely possible and interesting extreme in opinions and experiences. Looking forward to watching it one more time ... this wud be my final one
Old 10-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #29

Sep 2011
Ny

Quote:
Very honestly, IMHO, then u shd walk out that very moment from the theatre. I personally walked out of bodyguard, Ishaqzaade and Bol Bachchan and in their approx. 30th minute. Save your time and spend somewhere else productively. However note thats just me. I understand that your list wud be different for such cases.
i would never walk out if i payed like 12 dollars on a ticket plus i wanted to see how it ends & wow you saw it like 3 times? well thats actually good cuz you probably understood the movie good since it was very confusing aswell.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #30

Sep 2011
Ny

Quote:
@WantedTM

Take this very seriously. Its all for your own benefit.

1) First of all, Respect your own opinion.

2) Now I have seen you asking people here earlier also why shd one use punctuation or a minimum proper english here. Its because of 1) above. The way you write your own opinion tells the world how much u trust your own words. As of now the way you write, it comes across as if u do not want people to read your opinion at all because u so strongly believe that no one will be on your side which i am very sure is not the reality.

3) Never ever try to equate/get influenced by anyone's opinion on any film no mater how popular or how unpopular. Films are subjective in their impact on viewers and thats a fact. Accept it.
i do trust my own opnion but i feel im probably the only one who didnt like this movie since the rest of the world is loving it!
Old 10-14-2012, 05:39 AM   #31
Special Member

Mar 2008

'English Vinglish' :- Thumbs Up

A rare, Hindi movie that one can actually watch with the whole family. This is a movie in the vein of Raju Hirani movies. One that entertains, yet also manages to impart a social message. The movie features a fabulous performance by Sridevi and it is she who makes the script work. With a lesser performance, the movie might have fallen flat. The special appearance by Amitabh Bachchan is quite unnecessary and it does not really add anything to the movie. Instead, it seemed to be inconsistent with the tone of the rest of the movie. As good as the movie is, it fails to rise above a certain level and it feels cliched at times. Nevertheless, I recommend the movie without reservations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dWir...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by sanjay0864; 10-14-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:07 AM   #32
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

Saw Looper last night at the cinema after hearing good word about it. Bad idea, this should have been called Sleeper. It takes what could have been an interesting premise (to describe it without getting too spoiler-ific, what if The Terminator story were told from the POV of the assassin rather than the victim?), but plays it out in the most dull and tangential fashion. It's like if Terminator 2 spent most of its running time on the boring day-to-day conversations of John Connor's adopted parents. Even given its outlandish full-of-holes premise, it gets especially hokey towards the end. There are stray moments now and then when you feel that the plot picks up an interesting thread, only to put it aside and pull up more zzz-grade material.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #33
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

English Vinglish a genuinely good film, its pretty staright forward and simple and will easily work for everyone. My only complaint with the film is it seems a bit too underplayed which might stop it from getting its deserved due. The underplay gives the film a more crossover cinema feel than the one that it should have been - a connecting one with the indian middle class. Sridevi is absolutely brilliant and one does feel that even though she was at peak in the era when dramatisation was a part of acting, she has completely given in to today's demand of realistic acting in good movies and gives that aspect the touch of her own charm that makes every scene of her shine throughout the work of other underplayed departments. Even during the climax portions, the best part is that shashi's transformation is not overly dramatic and u r so rightfully left with the feeling that as a character she will continue to improve her english. Last but not the least the bit similarity of english learning environment with the old TV series 'mind your language' bothered me a little but for anyone who can ignore that, I am almost certain that everyone will be smiling by the end of the film. Highly Recommended.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #34
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

Watched Looper last night. It was disappointing. Was expecting a lot more. A guy facing his older self from future- the concept execution in looper did nothing but only helped me realise the greatness of another past film on similar premise - 'Frequency'. That classic is strongly recomended instead of this one. However must admit the sound design was quite good and possibly is one of the only thing that keeps the ongoings watchable.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #35
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

Saw English Vinglish with my mum at the cinema today and in general we had a good time. My detailed take on the movie HERE
Old 10-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #36
Special Member

Mar 2008

'OMG! Oh My God!' :- Two Thumbs Up

It must be stated at the very outset, that the movie, like most Bollywood movies, is not original and the movie's plot is a direct copy from the Hollywood movie, 'The Man Who Sued God (2001)'. With that disclaimer out of the way, I still think the movie is a MUST WATCH. It is a bold movie, quite entertaining, yet it imparts, what is probably the most socially relevant message of our times. If only the audiences would actually learn from the movie, instead of just agreeing with it only for the sake of agreeing and then going right back to their 'mandirs', 'rituals', 'totkas', 'tantriks', 'gurus', 'god-men' and so called 'gods'. Paresh Rawal is perfect in the lead role and his performance goes a long way in making the script believable. 2012 has been a watershed in Bollywood, for the distinctly different type of movies and more importantly the number of good movies in a single year. After 'English Vinglish' this is the second Hindi movie in a row that I have watched, that is actually fit for family viewing. That in itself deserves praise in today's Bollywood. Highly recommended.

Last edited by sanjay0864; 10-15-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
O H I O Steelbooks™: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by anibap View Post
Last one I saw in a theater was The Dark Knight Rises. I seldom visit a theater and prefer my own home cinema.
+1
Old 10-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #38
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay0864 View Post
'OMG! Oh My God!' :- Two Thumbs Up
If only the audiences would actually learn from the movie, instead of just agreeing with it only for the sake of agreeing and then going right back to their 'mandirs', 'rituals', 'totkas', 'tantriks', 'gurus', 'god-men' and so called 'gods'.
Seconded.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #39
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Looper was awesome and original. Don't know what any of you are talking about.

Everyone, go see ARGO - Ben Afleck's new film - one of the best films of the year!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #40
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

I have a choice of seeing one of these this week at the Local Cineworld. I don't go to cinema that often, any suggestion is appreciated.

Looper - Few colleagues at work were impressed and this is my first preference. Getting a mixed review here.
Bhoot 2 - Liked Bhoot in parts.
Chakravyuh - Saw the trailer and it looked good
English Vinglish - Few members have recommended this
Killing Them Softly - how's this one?

Strangely, Chakravyuh and Bhoot 2 shows are running in UK, but I can't see it running in India or any reviews in India.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India