Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$41.99
19 hrs ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49
8 hrs ago
The Dallas Connection (Blu-ray)
$11.99
19 hrs ago
Enemy Gold (Blu-ray)
$11.99
19 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The Man from the Alamo / They Came to Cordura (Blu-ray)
$11.99
19 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Six Moral Tales (Blu-ray)
$72.99
17 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Hollywood Story / New Orleans Uncensored (Blu-ray)
$11.99
19 hrs ago
Dance, Girl, Dance (Blu-ray)
$29.49
8 hrs ago
First Reformed (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 10-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #41

Oct 2012
new york

Well I have watched recently two movies in the theater, the first one is Barfi and the second one is Taken2. Both these movies are just awesome.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #42
Special Member

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinald View Post
Well I have watched recently two movies in the theater, the first one is Barfi and the second one is Taken2. Both these movies are just awesome.
Nice you mentioned Taken2. How are the action scenes?Have to watch this weekend. Reviews are very harsh on this one...I don't care them as long as it delivers good amount of adrenaline pumping..
Old 10-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #43
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by anibap View Post
I have a choice of seeing one of these this week at the Local Cineworld. I don't go to cinema that often, any suggestion is appreciated.

Looper - Few colleagues at work were impressed and this is my first preference. Getting a mixed review here.
Bhoot 2 - Liked Bhoot in parts.
Chakravyuh - Saw the trailer and it looked good
English Vinglish - Few members have recommended this
Killing Them Softly - how's this one?

Strangely, Chakravyuh and Bhoot 2 shows are running in UK, but I can't see it running in India or any reviews in India.
Thats because those two havent released in india yet. This friday is teh scheduled release.

My choice: 1) English Vinglish 2) Looper: I have a feeling u r likely to like it in parts.

Myself wanted to catch 'Killing them softly' but strangely this one went out of cinemas too fast for me to get a chance (i think just within a week). So that somewhat explains its impact at least on indian audience. Looper just comparatively seems to be slightly doing better.

The rest, I donno I cud be wrong but Chakravyuh seem quite messed up from trailers, not to mention the obvious bad acting from Rampal. And Bhoot 2, no comments, may be jsut me but have completely lost interest in Indian horror films.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
India

@anibap
Did you like Source Code and Déjà Vu?
Old 10-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #45
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

Friend of mine who likes action movies was bored by Killing Them Softly, I don't know what its about.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #46

Dec 2008

English Vinglish! It was great. Would be stoked to have a Blu-ray release of it, but knowing EROS....then again, it has made a lot of money so far.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #47

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
Friend of mine who likes action movies was bored by Killing Them Softly, I don't know what its about.
Killing them softly has lesser action yet it is gore and stays in your mind for a long time. The characters give speeches on economics and the mob is affected due to recession. Four murder scenes that satisfy action lovers and dragging screenplay. The dialogues are pretty crass.
I'm expecting bradd pitt to get some awards as he carries off the character on his shoulder.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #48

Dec 2009

i am also impressed on seeing Looper, for first few minutes the film was dragging and once you come to know the plot it moves on. Action scenes are played down in this sci-fi movie and child character stays on your mind when you walk out of the cinema hall.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:14 AM   #49

Feb 2010
Thumbs down

RA one!
I have lost the faith in theatric presentations;(
Mostly films are not worth a watch but even though I want to give it a try for my money and hassle it is not worth to have a compromises experience with Dolby surround in High def audio days;(
It is pathetic and extremely disappointing that these distributor to make extra cheap profits on cost of providing inferior and simply unacceptable entertainment ;(
Old 10-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #50
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

Just watched Argo in Cinemas today. Was quite an enjoyable film i must say. The screenplay was engaging and got me hooked till the end. Its actually a very simple film about rescue of 6 diplomats by our hero Ben Affleck. There is hardly any 'real' action there but the onoings are so tight, it provides us enough chills and thrills to create an equivalent of non-stop action feel. The plot point revolving around Affleck's character and team pretending to make a hollywood movie while executing an actual rescue mission creates high entertainment value. The film may not have a repeat value as such , however it is pretty well shot, (looked magnificient on a 2K projection) and has pretty good direction by Ben affleck. Highly recommended. Perhaps the only hollywood film since avengers that i enjoyed this much.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:35 AM   #51
Power Member

Jan 2010
India

Watched Student Of The Year On Friday.
I liked it!! it was FUN! Plus all the three new comer's Rocked! i mean both the guys acted well besides looking good! this is the kind of launch any one can dream of! Sidharth Malhotra Had that innocent charm and was my favt of the lot!
Alia did'nt get much scope but she acted quite like TYPICAL INDIAN HERIONE does and looked quite sexy!
Soundtrack by V-S was great and Karan Johar handled a few scenes really well (the emotional scenes without(ok with minimal ) melodrama worked big time! )

Overall a very decent and enjoyable watch!! (3.5/5)
Old 10-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #52

Oct 2011
india

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyansh View Post
Watched Student Of The Year On Friday.
I liked it!! it was FUN! Plus all the three new comer's Rocked! i mean both the guys acted well besides looking good! this is the kind of launch any one can dream of! Sidharth Malhotra Had that innocent charm and was my favt of the lot!
Alia did'nt get much scope but she acted quite like TYPICAL INDIAN HERIONE does and looked quite sexy!
Soundtrack by V-S was great and Karan Johar handled a few scenes really well (the emotional scenes without(ok with minimal ) melodrama worked big time! )

Overall a very decent and enjoyable watch!! (3.5/5)
watched the same movie today , got so bored of so many songs almost dozzed off. the new comers acting is good , but film i felt was boring. my opinion .maybe because of songs , and half hour interval my theater took . some nice funny scenes in between. lol what is with gay topic and bollywood.
since dostana one funny gay character is in each movie
typical karan johar movie.anyone notice jaane tu ya jaane na movie type story narration done ?
Old 10-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #53
Special Member

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushalrocks1001 View Post
lol what is with gay topic and bollywood.
since dostana one funny gay character is in each movie
It's a Karan Johar thing. With him it's almost like an agenda to promote gays or so it seems.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #54

Oct 2011
india

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay0864 View Post
It's a Karan Johar thing. With him it's almost like an agenda to promote gays or so it seems.
Ya
Old 10-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #55

Dec 2009

Watched the tamil flick Pizza, thumbs up from my side. Horror movie yet a good initiative from the debutant director who had made short films earlier
Old 10-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #56
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

^Sounds interesting. I wonder if it will turn up on any screens in Mumbai.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #57

Dec 2009

^ i doubt it, you can watch it on dvd soon
Old 10-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #58
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

Saw Looper and loved it. The film has its issues with technical loop holes around Time travel, but beneath that it is a great film with a great vision from the director.

JGL's prosthetic makeover was unnecessary and quite distracting. Having said that, JWL was fantastic in the movie.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #59
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by anibap View Post
Saw Looper and loved it.
I knew it. Told ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag1700 View Post
Looper: I have a feeling u r likely to like it in parts.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #60
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

Just watched Student of the year in cinemas. Actually had gone to try for chakravyuh but didnt get tickets so last minute switched over. As it turned out, Bad Call. Man !! this has gotta be the winner of the 'worst movie of the year' award. I really appreciate everyone who had all the patience to sit through this mess of a film. There is not a single element in this film that i am gonna remember after a week from now and i am being generous when i say that. Rest in detail later. Badly need an aspirin now.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India