Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
11 hrs ago
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
9 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
16 hrs ago
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (Blu-ray)
$18.99

The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
7 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Molly's Game (Blu-ray)
$5.00
3 hrs ago
Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 10-26-2013, 06:16 AM   #1
Special Member

Feb 2010
Saginaw, Michigan
Send a message via Skype™ to dr_vasanth
India/Bollywood Muthu blu-ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkumar View Post
Surprise, I received my Muthu blu-ray from amazon.co.jp. I just watched few songs, the quality is really good compared to other pyramid blu-rays. No watermarks. I will try to post some screenshots soon. So far I am really happy with the quality.

Muthu blu-ray released on October 25, 2013 in Japan. Seems like the audio is Original Tamil language DTS-HD MA 2.0ch..is that right? I also see that it costs USD 59.44 to get it delivered to the U.S. ($38.10+$21.34 S&H) which is way too expensive unless you are a die-hard Rajini fan, which I am unfortunately not - not at that price!!
Old 10-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #2

Apr 2011
Ministry Of BluRay

OMG, i will definitely buy it. I will. Pls just tell me where and how can i buy it. Please post screenshots too.

Last edited by krisskross; 10-26-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
Special Member

Feb 2010
Saginaw, Michigan
Send a message via Skype™ to dr_vasanth
India/Bollywood Muthu blu-ray

On http://www.amazon.co.jp
Old 10-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #4

Aug 2010
Katy, TX

Vasanth.. Thank you for creating a new thread. This was released on October'25th in Japan, and I received that on the release day here. Yes, it has the original Tamil language DTS-HD MA 2.0ch. It is way expensive for me also, but I really liked this movie. It is really good to see the movies that you grew up with. I've wasted my money on Pyramid blu-ray's before, so I am happy with this purchase.

Here are the cover images. Also they had a booklet inside with song lyrics. I will take some pictures of the video quality today, and post it here.

Cover 1:

Cover 2:

Old 10-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #5

Apr 2011
Ministry Of BluRay

Fantastic Nkumar. Great artwork by them. Even a booklet is included. It's like a collectors item. A must have for all rajini fans. Really waiting for the screenshots. I know they gonna be fabulous. I also emailed maxam about the possibility of releasing padayappa on bluray. Fingers crossed with high hopes. Japan has huge fans on rajini sir. So they might release.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #6

Aug 2010
Katy, TX

Here are some images from blu-ray. Don't have a blu-ray drive to take a screen shot from my laptop, these are the still pictures taken from my camera. This may give you some idea on the video quality. The HD 2ch Stereo audio is really good.

Removing the images I posted earlier...I Posted some screen shots below take a look at that.

Last edited by nkumar; 10-29-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #7

Apr 2011
Ministry Of BluRay

Wow, looks like ure watching it on a big screen via a projector? A/V Looks quite good though, of course nothing closer to a 2k file but for a 1995 movie, this is good. At least far better than a dvd.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

@nkumar: A request, please reduce the size of your images, they take a long time to load and the page stutters while scrolling. No point in putting out 4K pics of a 1080p resolution image.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #9

Sep 2010
Antwerp, Belgium

Are there english subtitles included on this disc?
(Are the subtitled optional or of the forced/burned-in variety?)

Also on Amazon Japan this disc is listed as region free. Is this accurate information?
Old 10-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #10
Expert Member

Feb 2013

It looks like either the colors are a bit oversaturated or there is too much pink. Is that just because of your camera or is the disc like that?

How is the sharpness of the image? And how is the audio clarity?

Last edited by nrD; 07-03-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:59 AM   #11
Expert Member

Feb 2013

@nkumar can you read Japanese? How is Japan for an Indian?

@subu is there any way you can get a large volume so we can get this blu-ray cheap in America?

Or @Sunny are there any plans for an API BD?
Old 10-27-2013, 06:04 AM   #12
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrD View Post
@subu is there any way you can get a large volume so we can get this blu-ray cheap in America?

Japanese releases tend to be very expensive, so much so that many Japanese find it cheaper (sometimes by more than 50%) to import releases from abroad than buy the local release. This is why many movies / music albums release much earlier in Japan or have exclusive bonus features to coax the people to buy the Japanese version than to wait for a cheaper international release.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #13

Nov 2009

This one is only for Japanese user. So it include "Japanese subtitle" merely.
If you want to see this by other language, extracting the title and putting subtitle. This is (kind of) a last resort
Old 10-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #14

Sep 2012

This is really epic! But the good thing to do is if API requests for the blu ray source for this from the Japanese authoring company and they author a BD themselves.

You might get all of Rajini's film sources in Japan provided they are in good condition but I think they will be.

So there is a chance of getting Padayappa BD
Old 10-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #15

Aug 2010
Katy, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew-Kenneth View Post
Are there english subtitles included on this disc?
(Are the subtitled optional or of the forced/burned-in variety?)

Also on Amazon Japan this disc is listed as region free. Is this accurate information?
No it does not have English subtitles. When you watch the movie, the subtitles are optional. You can turn it off. But when you play only the songs, you cannot turn off the subtitles.

I couldn't find out from the cover because it is all in Japanese. Is there a way you can find out from the blu-ray player?

Quote:
It looks like either the colors are a bit oversaturated or there is too much pink. Is that just because of your camera or is the disc like that?

How u is the sharpness of the image? And how is the audio clarity?
May be both. The video kind of looked like it was shot in low light. For the age of this movie, the image looked really good. The image looked sharp in some areas, and not much DNR. They didn't change the aspect ratio. The audio is 2 Channel HD Stereo, it is really clear. I didn't find any issues with audio.

Quote:
@nkumar can you read Japanese? How is Japan for an Indian?
I don't know Japanese. The movie is in Tamil, so I don't need subtitles.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #16

Aug 2010
Katy, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
@nkumar: A request, please reduce the size of your images, they take a long time to load and the page stutters while scrolling. No point in putting out 4K pics of a 1080p resolution image.
I reduced the image size, hope this looks ok.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #17
Expert Member

Feb 2013

Can u make the images a little bigger like 2k files instead. U can see compression artifacts now. I would like to show the screens to my friends but now they don't look much better than a DVD's screens
Old 10-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #18
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

^Heh yeah, he rolled back a little too far after my request to cut the resolution. 1.5-2k would be fine.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:19 AM   #19

Aug 2010
Katy, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
^Heh yeah, he rolled back a little too far after my request to cut the resolution. 1.5-2k would be fine.
I was able to take some screen shots using DVDFab. I could not play this blu-ray using VLC player. I reduced the 1080p images and uploaded to imageshack. Let me know if these images are too big,

Old 10-29-2013, 01:34 AM   #20
Expert Member

Feb 2013

Those screens look actually really good. The Japanese company did a really good job with the restoration. There are a few scenes though that look as if you're watching a really good film of the movie rather than the movie itself. Like in the first screen you posted: there is the appearance of some sort of interface layer between the viewer and the image. And I guess because of the age of the source, the whites of Rajni's shirts look yellowish. But other scenes like the one with Meena crying look almost perfect. Thx for leaving a few full HD screen shots as well
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India