Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
The Gentlemen 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
5 hrs ago
Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99
21 hrs ago
Ponyo (Blu-ray)
$21.49
4 hrs ago
Tom & Jerry: Golden Collection, Volume One (Blu-ray)
$21.49
10 hrs ago
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49

3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Dodsworth (Blu-ray)
$17.99
6 hrs ago
Titans: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
32 min ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Benelux (Dutch)

Old 04-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #481

Aug 2009

That's true, but in some stores that still have the Steelbook of T2, so there is always a chance albeit slim. Can I actually ask here in the sales topic if anyone is willing to sell it..? I think that would be the easiest way to get it...
Old 04-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #482
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2007
Hawaii
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd213 View Post
Has anyone ordered from http://www.dvdoutlet.nl before? I was looking to get the Dutch release of Neverending Story, and it's only about 13 Euros shipped to the US (doesn't look like they ship to Japan, but I'll be visiting relatives fairly soon anyway).
I know it will be too late to help you in this instance, but I just placed an order with them which shipped today. I will relate my experience for everyone when it arrives.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:31 AM   #483
Expert Member

Sep 2007
less than 10 minutes from Akihabara

Thanks. I did actually go ahead and order The Neverending Story from them a while back, but I had it sent to my US address since they don't deliver to Japan. My uncle says an envelope arrived but I didn't have him inspect the contents. It arrived in about a week, I think.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #484
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Belgium

Ik heb naar een eigen subfora gevraagd voor Belgie en Nederland, gezamelijk als "Dutch" of "Benelux". Graag wat support om dit van de grond te krijgen. Alvast bedankt.

Topic : https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...58#post6033458

Old 02-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #485
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

I'm sure this has been asked before but where is the best place to order from that ships internationally (Canada). It looks like bol.com is the best place? Though dvdoutlet.nl seems to be cheaper.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:20 AM   #486

Nov 2011
Australia

http://www.dvdoutlet.nl has Psycho 2 pencilled in for a May release.

Anyone able to confirm this or have any other info?
Old 06-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #487

Jun 2013
Belgium

Where is the Dutch/Belgian blu-ray release list? It seems that it is not updated on this site. Does anyone know a site where I can find a release list?
Thanks!
Old 06-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #488

Jul 2007
The Netherlands

Here is a dutch blu-ray release list that I am keeping up to date :

http://dvd.nl/forum/showthread.php?5...-release-lijst
Old 06-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #489

Jun 2013
Belgium

Good work! Thanks!
Old 06-18-2013, 01:13 AM   #490
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefanviete View Post
Where is the Dutch/Belgian blu-ray release list? It seems that it is not updated on this site. Does anyone know a site where I can find a release list?
Thanks!
Here's another very awesome, useful site in which you can choose to sort which Dutch Blurays have English subtitles:

http://www.dutchbluray.com/index.php?sub=english
Old 06-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #491
Expert Member

Nov 2007
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefanviete View Post
Thanks!
I stopped updating quite a while ago, because I simply did not have not enough time.

Quint's list is frankly the same list. He does a great job. Unfortunately the Dutch Audio/Video market is in quite a bad shape at this moment. Not only there is very little marketing and information on the benefits on several media, some of the television stations do not act serious on HD (upscaling sd on Dutch shows) and the consumers therefor not alwas benefit from native HD. Many do not see the difference between HD and SD as a result. It is only recently there is a shift in digital being the standard and small steps into the HD simulcasts to beginning to becoming a standard by distributors.

On the other side the Free Record Shop is bankrupt (webshop excluded) and therefor there are not very many fysical shops with a "good" variety of movies and music. Other shops are selling less fysical media in fysical shops as well (downgrade). The distributors are very serious in releasing suboptimal products in terms of more compression to fit on BD 25 and less of no extra features. If no one takes the market serious, why would any consumer do so? No wonder more and more import or download their movies.

It certainly downgraded my joy of collecting. I almost buy nothing anymore. Only Disney/Dreamworks are quite certain to be bought. Seems I have to wait for a good online deal as Disney and Dreamworks are rare to be sold in fysical shops.

Last edited by *TIMMIE*; 06-18-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #492
Expert Member

May 2013
Holland

You are right, but try too google with the words: bluray release list 2013 and find the site with DVD.nl in it. Here you got yourself a list what's coming to Holland hopefully!
If you are good in understanding the English langues an don't want any subtitles for English spoken movies go to Zavvi.nl if like the Disney and Dreamwork movies or maybe SE once's
Myself I bought there 4 movies:
Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy SB
Ghostbusters SB
Sin City Theatical & Recut Extended versions 2disc
the Extraodinairy adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec
Hopefully is this helpfull in your further endeavor
Old 06-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #493
Expert Member

Nov 2007
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccharin View Post
You are right, but try too google with the words: bluray release list 2013 and find the site with DVD.nl in it. Here you got yourself a list what's coming to Holland hopefully!
If you are good in understanding the English langues an don't want any subtitles for English spoken movies go to Zavvi.nl if like the Disney and Dreamwork movies or maybe SE once's
Myself I bought there 4 movies:
Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy SB
Ghostbusters SB
Sin City Theatical & Recut Extended versions 2disc
the Extraodinairy adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec
Hopefully is this helpfull in your further endeavor
Thank you. I know that site quite well as I am a member for over 10 years now. It is the site Quint maintains his list, and I am still following it. Just not updating it over here. Time is the issue.

I am quite disappointed in the distributors which are active on the Dutch market, and there are not as many releases at this moment as a couple of years ago and/or the quality is not as good as its international counterparts and/or the prices on the releasedate are way to expensive. That's the reason I am importing for years now. But there is one exception; Animated features. I only import these if there is a Dutch dub. If I have a nice big HDTV I only want the best PQ and AQ. So importing it is for sure.

But the Dutch AV-market is sick. And the fun of collecting has seriously been spoiled. Besides the earlier comments there is another one. As downloading is not illegal the Dutch government has decided you have to pay an extra fee for every device capable of recording. This fee is meant for compensating the artists for downloading and copying. So if I buy a smartphone or a SD card for my camera I have to pay an additional fee for downloading even if I do not use it for that purpose. Why should I pay double and double again for copyright? I surely buy less and less as my hobby feels downgraded.

Last edited by *TIMMIE*; 06-24-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #494

May 2008
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by *TIMMIE* View Post
Thank you. I know that site quite well as I am a member for over 10 years now. It is the site Quint maintains his list, and I am still following it. Just not updating it over here. Time is the issue.

I am quite disappointed in the distributors which are active on the Dutch market, and there are not as many releases at this moment as a couple of years ago and/or the quality is not as good as its international counterparts and/or the prices on the releasedate are way to expensive. That's the reason I am importing for years now. But there is one exception; Animated features. I only import these if there is a Dutch dub. If I have a nice big HDTV I only want the best PQ and AQ. So importing it is for sure.

But the Dutch AV-market is sick. And the fun of collecting has seriously been spoiled. Besides the earlier comments there is another one. As downloading is not illegal the Dutch government has decided you have to pay an extra fee for every device capable of recording. This fee is meant for compensating the artists for downloading and copying. So if I buy a smartphone or a SD card for my camera I have to pay an additional fee for downloading even if I do not use it for that purpose. Why should I pay double and double again for copyright? I surely buy less and less as my hobby feels downgraded.
This is the same way I feel. Now that FRS is gone it is hard to score a good disc in a shop. I really liked the stores and bought many disc at FRS. Now I go to Amazon.co.uk and check if the disc contains Dutch sub's.
Now I live near Amsterdam and there are a few store's left for visiting.
Concerto has some BRD's and Fame is still there at the Magna-Plaza.
And of course there still the Media Markt.........Ik ben toch niet gek.......

Anyway, still enjoying my movies.......
Old 07-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #495
Expert Member

Aug 2008
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreedree View Post
Fame is still there at the Magna-Plaza.
Fame is closed since July 1. Maybe they will reopen in mid august.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #496

Aug 2007
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankV View Post
Fame is closed since July 1. Maybe they will reopen in mid august.
Yet another one. In these difficult times you a lot of shops closing their doors due to bankruptcy. Not only within home entertainment, but shops like iCentre and Block as well.

Currently I see only a future for shops that are actively using webshops as well or when they are part of bigger company, like the BAS Group.

But part of the fact so many physical stores are now strugling or even beyond that point, is because a couple of years ago stores like Amazon, Play, Zavvi and the likes started to pop up for non-UK consumers as well. While most larger European countries all have their own Amazon for instance, smaller countries such as The Netherlands and Belgium don't. Just like Austrians are reaping the benefits of the German stores, we are from the UK and German stores.

The Dutch physical stores are still very high in their pricing, which is why more and more people buy online. Sure, you have to check whether you need Dutch subtitles (I only do for the animations for my son), but apart from that it's so much cheaper. However, the Dutch economy is completely not stimulated by doing so. Maybe just the postal services like PostNL.

Maybe they need to start bundling their powers and start with large entertainment shops in larger cities and then spread out.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #497

Sep 2011
Holland

I am an American who buys movies in Holland once in a while but never can add them to my collection because they are not on here, how can I add blu ray movies when they are not here?
Old 11-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #498

Aug 2007
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrlovkim View Post
I am an American who buys movies in Holland once in a while but never can add them to my collection because they are not on here, how can I add blu ray movies when they are not here?
Since I am from Holland, I think I can give you a reasonable answer. First of all, this is an international website, but primarily focussed on major countries like the US and UK. It's also English-only, which is a barrier for some (Dutch people). Finally, don't forget we are tiny, just shy of 17 million people in our country.

So that means the activity level from Dutch people is quite low on this site. I do submit all my movies from Holland to the database though, which you can easily do yourself as well. Just copy the US/UK version and edit the necessary details. When it's added, you (or anyone else) can upload covers.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #499

Sep 2011
Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockFly View Post
Since I am from Holland, I think I can give you a reasonable answer. First of all, this is an international website, but primarily focussed on major countries like the US and UK. It's also English-only, which is a barrier for some (Dutch people). Finally, don't forget we are tiny, just shy of 17 million people in our country.

So that means the activity level from Dutch people is quite low on this site. I do submit all my movies from Holland to the database though, which you can easily do yourself as well. Just copy the US/UK version and edit the necessary details. When it's added, you (or anyone else) can upload covers.
Thanks very much.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Benelux (Dutch)