Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Danger: Diabolik (Blu-ray)
$24.96
8 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Six Moral Tales (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Vanishing (Blu-ray)
$6.96
49 min ago
First Reformed (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 10-28-2015, 12:25 PM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
Johannesburg - South Africa

Hi All

I am looking to buy this book, there is no Kindle edition. Is there any site in India that will ship books worldwide; and please do share / suggest books of similar nature.

http://www.junglee.com/Meena-Kumari-.../dp/935029625X

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2015, 12:37 PM   #42
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrat_Boy View Post
Hi All

I am looking to buy this book, there is no Kindle edition. Is there any site in India that will ship books worldwide; and please do share / suggest books of similar nature.

Thanks!
There is a kindle edition listed on Junglee.com, although I wouldn't know if you will be permitted to buy it with a non-Indian kindle account. In case you haven't already tried, here's the link:
http://www.junglee.com/MEENA-KUMARI-...385308-2039031
Old 10-28-2015, 12:41 PM   #43
Expert Member

Feb 2013
India

Actually Junglee is just the mediator who redirects the buyer to various sellers. This book is available at Amazon India which Junglee redirects. Why don't you try AMZ in?
Old 10-28-2015, 12:57 PM   #44
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Thanks Guys

I have tried, this is the message that I get:

Kindle titles are available for US customers on Amazon.com.
Continue shopping on the Kindle Store at Amazon.com

I get redirected to the US store, but no Kindle Version there. Amazon.in does not ship to South Africa on all products.

I would also like to gift a copy to a friend.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:12 AM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
India

Quote:
Thanks Guys

I have tried, this is the message that I get:

Kindle titles are available for US customers on Amazon.com.
Continue shopping on the Kindle Store at Amazon.com

I get redirected to the US store, but no Kindle Version there. Amazon.in does not ship to South Africa on all products.

I would also like to gift a copy to a friend.
Try this:

Go to amazon.com
Click on 'Your account'
In the 'Digital Content' tab, select 'Manage your content and devices'.
Click on 'Settings'
In the country settings, select 'India'.

That should allow you to buy kindle books from the Indian store. It works; had done the same thing to buy things from the U.S store instead of the Indian one (you won't be redirected form amazon.in). But be sure to check with customer service about what will happen to your existing kindle/audible purchases when you switch countries.
Thanks given by:
mrbrat_Boy (12-01-2015), Ysvsr1 (12-01-2015)
Old 10-29-2015, 09:25 AM   #46
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

^I think it is for that very reason that I can buy kindle books from Amazon US but not Amazon India. But they don't extend the same courtesy to digital music / video purchases. Oh no, there they say you can only buy stuff from the same country that your credit card / billing information comes from
Old 12-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #47
Expert Member

Feb 2013
India

[Show spoiler]
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
Out of topic:
@Aadil, as you have discussed about your Mumbai visit. Do you have recent update about Rhythm House? Here is detailed thread.

http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/...g-shutter.html
Quote:
Thanks for this, I had no idea. I was actually quite excited when I was even on my way there. I'm happy that I've atleast been to the store in real. Whatever happens, those memories of Mumbai are super awesome. I hope RH can make it through these times, and look forward to happier ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsnest View Post
That is terrible news on Rhythm House. I had read this article below last year and thought they may actually survive the online assault. But I guess the economics of the marketplace spares no one!

I'm saddened just writing this. I had purchased my first cassette ever from Rhythm House in 1989, after my class X exams. I distinctly remember the feeling of anxiety being in a store that large but mostly because I could not make up mind on what to purchase. After what seemed like an eternity of browsing, I finally settled on Rock Machine's (before they were called Indus Creed) -Rock'N'Roll Renegade. I think RH had a big part to play in the success of that album with all the promotions they were doing at the time.

RIP Rhythm House, it's sad to see you bite the dust

http://scroll.in/article/220339/that...oda-landmark-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajkapoor View Post
After seeing prepress post, sent an email to Faiz at Rhythm House. Got the following reply from him:

No, we have not taken any decision yet but its true that we are facing lot of problems. We will inform all our customers in advance if we took any decision like that. Just pray for us that the time changes and we can continue to give services for our True Music Lovers.

Regards

Faiz Baghdadi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
They may not have taken a decision yet, but it's a sad inevitability given the fall in physical sales of music and tendency of even educated middle-class and above people to download for free without any qualms.

Most recent article about Rhythm House shutdown is here:

Mumbai mirror page picture (source HFV)

Old 12-01-2015, 02:48 PM   #48

Feb 2008

Quote:
Hi All

Thanks!
Sorry - looks like you wanted a physical copy?

Amazon.com has it for sale:

http://www.amazon.com/Meena-Kumari-C...s=meena+kumari

Also in stock at many Amazon re-sellers via Amazon.com. I have it and have read it. It is a good book (shortcomings are noted by the author in the forward that was written for the re-release).
Old 12-10-2015, 03:02 PM   #49
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
Default Official Rhythmhouse statement

From the Main Page of Rhythmhouse webpage:

Goodbye from Rhythm House
To all Patrons of Rhythm House, Mumbai – In India and abroad

It saddens us to inform you the time has come for us to bid goodbye to the music and video business for reasons that need no elaboration. We are the last of our city’s large format music & video stores to yield to the challenges posed by new technologies and piracy.

We are set to close for business end of February 2016 but our back-office will continue for several months thereafter in case you need any help from us. Some of you may have bought Gift Tokens that have credit balances. We urge you to present these as soon as possible. Those of you who have an account with us and have credit balances, we request you to get these settled as soon as convenient.

We have been in the music business since 1948 and in the video business over the past 30 years or so and closing down is therefore going to be an emotional wrench for us. Many of you have echoed similar sentiments and we thank you for being with us at this difficult time.

So dear Patrons we thank you for your support and continuing custom all these years. We sincerely hope we have lived up to every expectation of yours.

Here are details about cut-off dates for acceptance of Orders.

Shipments within India (Excl. Mumbai): 31st January 2016
Shipments within Mumbai: 14th February 2016
Shipments abroad: 31st December 2015

Nutan Fernandes
(nutan.fernandes@rhythmhouse.in) +9122 43222787 / +91 9820649505
Faiyaz Baghdadi
(faiz@rhythmhouse.in) +9122 43222797 / +91 9323200299
Mehmood Curmally
(mehmood.curmally@rhythmhouse.in) +9122 43222777 / +91 9821872006
Amir Curmally
(amir.curmally@rhythmhouse.in) +9122 43222707 / +91 9820247198

Thank you once again for your patronage and goodwill that we have enjoyed. And not least, our grateful thanks to Lataji and The Beatles who together with a host of other artists enriched our lives.

http://www.rhythmhouse.in/
Old 01-01-2016, 10:05 AM   #50
Expert Member

Feb 2013
India

Happy New Year to all my friends. This is my first post in 2016

So, any news for the movie Haraamkhor? No DVD/BD yet?
Starring : Nawazuddin Siddqui, Shweta Tripathi (Masaan), Irfan Khan

Also waiting for Titli BD by Yash-Raj. DVD has been released. Any clue for Blu-ray?
Old 01-18-2016, 07:51 AM   #51
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

I saw the DVD notice for this Punjabi film called Shareek and I was struck by the resemblance of the poster to the Gulzar film Maachis. Similar pose, Mahie Gill looks a lot like Tabu. Also to be noted Maachis was the first(?) film of Jimmy Shergill. And both the films are set in Punjab.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg maachis-shareek.jpg (22.6 KB, 118 views)
Old 01-26-2016, 04:38 AM   #52
Expert Member

Feb 2013
India

Watched Yeh Dillagi yesterday (recorded from TataSky Max HD) and it looked like processed/restored for Blu-ray or High Definition Channels/Online. In the beginning of the movie, the new YRF logo ad in Lata background voice was shown.

Another thing I noticed on Max HD channel is, mostly movies and the makings are from YRF studio. Don't know if they sponsor/support this channel.

Last week seen Limited Edition Making of DDLJ which is completely different than the making they have included in DDLJ Special Feature DVD (with BD) which had recently shoot interviews of KJ, SK, Farah, and Kajol and also shooting clips of films.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:45 AM   #53
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

Quote:
Watched Yeh Dillagi yesterday (recorded from TataSky Max HD)

Another thing I noticed on Max HD channel is, mostly movies and the makings are from YRF studio. Don't know if they sponsor/support this channel.
They actually have some collboration/agreement of sorts. Any Yashrajfilm has till date premiered only on Sony HD not any other channel. that explains it. However the sad part is Sony never had true 5.1 unlike Star HD channels which do. Its a pain watching these musical movies in fake 5.1 audio.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:10 AM   #54

Jan 2014
Mumbai

Quote:
Watched Yeh Dillagi yesterday (recorded from TataSky Max HD) and it looked like processed/restored for Blu-ray or High Definition Channels/Online. In the beginning of the movie, the new YRF logo ad in Lata background voice was shown.

I got to catch glimpes of various movies on the SET Max channel, including "Anand", "Koshish", "Mohabbatein" and "1942 A Love Story". All of them looked and sounded good enough, obviously from re-mastered sources.
I have noticed that all the YRF oldies (eg: Daag, Doosara Aadmi, Kaala Patthar, etc.) are available on Tata Sky's Video on Demand section. I ordered Daag last week and I must say that the quality was brilliant! The audio too was as good as it gets. Much clearer than Darr and Lamhe, I suppose. Some day, I am going to take a look at the others as well. I am looking forward to test Kaala Patthar, for the current DVD is mediocre.
Thanks given by:
Hindustani (03-01-2016)
Old 01-26-2016, 02:26 PM   #55
Expert Member

Feb 2013
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDCS View Post
I got to catch glimpes of various movies on the SET Max channel, including "Anand", "Koshish", "Mohabbatein" and "1942 A Love Story". All of them looked and sounded good enough, obviously from re-mastered sources.
True, even I have seen Golmaal Coming soon trailer as well. Means they telecast which is available in HD source. I wish we have other films of YRF soon on Blu-ray. Daag/Kaala Patthar

Can we record VOD on Tata Sky?
Old 01-26-2016, 03:26 PM   #56

Jan 2014
Mumbai

Quote:
Can we record VOD on Tata Sky?
No. To my knowledge, those movies are only available for rent, and usually expire in seven days.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:22 AM   #57

Jan 2014
Mumbai

http://www.buzzfeed.com/imaansheikh/...n-mind-nandini
Another Easter egg to pile up to the collection. ������
Thanks given by:
mrbrat_Boy (03-01-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 07:39 AM   #58

Jan 2014
Mumbai

It was known that director Vidhu Vinod Chopra had undertaken a project to revitalize his older films and release them on DVD.
Here are newly released DVDs by Reliance, possibly taken from those revived sources (??)

"Eklavya"

"1942: a Love Story"

"Parinda"

"Munna Bhai: MBBS"

"Lage Raho Munna Bhai
Thanks given by:
mrbrat_Boy (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 09:52 AM   #59
Expert Member

Feb 2013
India

Seems they've got the rights now, I have Eros 1942 A Love Story, Parinda, Lage Raho Munna Bhai (Blu-ray), These Reliance posters are almost identical with Eros ones.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:49 AM   #60
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDCS View Post
It was known that director Vidhu Vinod Chopra had undertaken a project to revitalize his older films and release them on DVD.
Here are newly released DVDs by Reliance, possibly taken from those revived sources (??)

"Eklavya"

"1942: a Love Story"

"Parinda"

"Munna Bhai: MBBS"

"Lage Raho Munna Bhai
I'll be interested in Parinda, if its a better transfer that what is currently out there.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India