Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$31.50
7 hrs ago
Hellboy (Blu-ray)
$5.00
8 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49
 
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49
 
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
 
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99
 
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Scorsese Shorts (Blu-ray)
$29.49
 
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2016, 06:51 AM   #21
zoran zoran is offline
Senior Member
 
Feb 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs3771 View Post
Right - but what these screenshots don't tell is the impact on the viewer who sees these versions in a CIH setup (which is the case 99% of the time). I recall seeing it in the widescreen version first and then a year later in the academy AR in the 80s and the latter was truly underwhelming mainly because of the CIH setup...
2nd shot AR is disgrace 😒
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:19 PM   #22
prepress prepress is offline
Expert Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
India
898
2
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
FFS, why do we have 2 separate threads for a NON-EXISTENT blu-ray?!
Exactly this is what I was thinking, Similar happened with HAHK
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 02:24 PM   #23
mrbrat_Boy mrbrat_Boy is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
mrbrat_Boy's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Johannesburg - South Africa
210
7
1598
162
1
37
Default

How do we get these threads merged? Any mods that can do it for the Sholay & HAHK threads?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:32 AM   #24
Hindustani Hindustani is offline
Special Member
 
Dec 2014
Wink

SHOLAY (2014) From PEN


Nicely done re-mixed 4 channel stereo.

Colors are off imo. Some are way too oversaturated.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:40 AM   #25
prepress prepress is offline
Expert Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
India
898
2
1
1
Default

This is 2D version of newly released 3D version.
Star got the rights of this same version to telecast. Original Sholay rights are with Zee.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:30 AM   #26
Hindustani Hindustani is offline
Special Member
 
Dec 2014
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
This is 2D version of newly released 3D version.
Star got the rights of this same version to telecast. Original Sholay rights are with Zee.
Some terrific SHOLAY Scenes uploaded in 2.35:1 with 4-track stereo looks like.

SHOLAY looks so perfect in 21:9 aspect ratio.

& thank god SHOLAY is shot on 35mm unlike today's pathetic digital cameras that would've ruined the details.


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:30 AM   #27
prepress prepress is offline
Expert Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
India
898
2
1
1
Default

^ These clips are from recent releases 2D+3D version in which the entire background score was recreated for Atmos. I have this version (in 2D) which I recorded from Star Gold HD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:07 AM   #28
Hindustani Hindustani is offline
Special Member
 
Dec 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
^ These clips are from recent releases 2D+3D version in which the entire background score was recreated for Atmos. I have this version (in 2D) which I recorded from Star Gold HD.
The above 2 clips are in 720p HD not Full HD.

Was SHOLAY playing on Star HD in Full HD?

Was SHOLAY soundtrack in 5.1 DD+ Lossless (downgraded from 2014 Atmos).

Your AV receiver usually tells you if its "plus" or "display" button shows you Audio Video details
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:15 AM   #29
prepress prepress is offline
Expert Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
India
898
2
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindustani View Post
The above 2 clips are in 720p HD not Full HD.
Yes, these are 720p, but don't know why YouTube shows 1080p option which doesn't make sense to me.

Quote:
Was SHOLAY playing on Star HD in Full HD?
They claim it is Full HD but interlaced, 1080i with 5.1 DD audio. Zee always telecast fake 5.1 or stereo/mono audio, doesn't matter what audio they have in source.

Quote:
Was SHOLAY soundtrack in 5.1 DD+ Lossless (downgraded from 2014 Atmos).
I doubt they telecast lossless audio, but sounds like they downgraded 5.1 DD from Atmos.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Hindustani (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 05:17 AM   #30
Hindustani Hindustani is offline
Special Member
 
Dec 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
Yes, these are 720p, but don't know why YouTube shows 1080p option which doesn't make sense to me.
Same here!

I started downloading it because it was Full HD. As download started, it showed 720p.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:47 AM   #31
js554sc js554sc is offline
Junior Member
 
Nov 2016
Default

entire movie is avilable on hotstar under premuim section in 1080p
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:07 PM   #32
bhaskar1981 bhaskar1981 is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2010
2
196
Default

For those in the UK, Sholay is showing on Star Plus HD on Sunday afternoon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 05:58 PM   #33
Hindustani Hindustani is offline
Special Member
 
Dec 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar1981 View Post
For those in the UK, Sholay is showing on Star Plus HD on Sunday afternoon.
While good old USA continues to suffer.

No Star Plus HD
No Zee Cinema HD
No Zee Classics HD
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:51 PM   #34
-MK- -MK- is offline
Senior Member
 
-MK-'s Avatar
 
Jun 2009
Chicago, IL
166
171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by js554sc View Post
entire movie is avilable on hotstar under premuim section in 1080p
How is the quality on Hotstar? If possible can you post screenshots?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:37 AM   #35
js554sc js554sc is offline
Junior Member
 
Nov 2016
Default

just for screenshot pourpose google "Sholay 1975 1080p WEB-DL AAC2.0 H.264-LuLuNa" you will get many website with screenshots post them here yourself
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:19 PM   #36
rajkapoor rajkapoor is offline
Senior Member
 
Apr 2014
USA
29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindustani View Post
While good old USA continues to suffer.

No Star Plus HD
No Zee Cinema HD
No Zee Classics HD
Good old USA does have Star Plus HD but it doesn't shows movies though. Movies are shown on its sister channel MoviesOK which is not HD.

StarPlus.jpg

MOK.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:18 PM   #37
Hindustani Hindustani is offline
Special Member
 
Dec 2014
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajkapoor View Post
Good old USA does have Star Plus HD but it doesn't shows movies though. Movies are shown on its sister channel MoviesOK which is not HD.
who cares about rest of Indian Television that died in 1990s itself thanks to KYU KI SAAS BHI KABHI BAHU THI.

I mean exclusive movie channels that give you that 5.1 DD and 1080p or 1080i HD.

Z Cinema
Z Classics

The ones available to public in India. Z news dont count in HD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:27 PM   #38
rajkapoor rajkapoor is offline
Senior Member
 
Apr 2014
USA
29
Default

^ Youíre right. All of the available movie channels including Z cinema, Sony Max, B4U movies are SD only. I really donít care for these though. All of them have their channel logo which is like watermark to me. I want BRs. ErosNow shows most movies in HD but in stereo only.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:20 PM   #39
bhaskar1981 bhaskar1981 is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2010
2
196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindustani View Post
who cares about rest of Indian Television that died in 1990s itself thanks to KYU KI SAAS BHI KABHI BAHU THI.

I mean exclusive movie channels that give you that 5.1 DD and 1080p or 1080i HD.

Z Cinema
Z Classics

The ones available to public in India. Z news dont count in HD.
I dunno about Indian TV - it has had a few decent shows recently, like 24 and I've heard POW on Star Plus was pretty good too. Pity both shows were remakes.

As for us in the UK, the only channels we have here in HD are Star Plus, &TV and Colors. They all show films in between the rest of the soaps.

Going back on topic, caught a bit of Sholay on Star Plus today.................and couldn't bear to watch it. The audio (just through my TV speakers) was terrible - the ambient noises and background score were enhanced far too much, and the volume level of the original dialogues was a good few notches below the rest of the score. Was it like this when it released in the cinema as well?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Hindustani (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 08:26 PM   #40
HDDCS HDDCS is offline
Senior Member
 
HDDCS's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Mumbai
7
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar1981 View Post
Going back on topic, caught a bit of Sholay on Star Plus today.................and couldn't bear to watch it. The audio (just through my TV speakers) was terrible - the ambient noises and background score were enhanced far too much, and the volume level of the original dialogues was a good few notches below the rest of the score. Was it like this when it released in the cinema as well?
Very much so. I remember how aggressively re-recorded sounds dominated the original voices and left them subdued.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:30 PM.