Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99
13 hrs ago
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Deepwater Horizon 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96
1 hr ago
Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
19 hrs ago
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Tom & Jerry: Golden Collection, Volume One (Blu-ray)
$21.49
2 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 12-31-2016, 01:25 PM   #1
Special Member

Dec 2011
God's Own Country
India/Bollywood DANGAL (2016) Blu-Ray !!!

Dangal (English: Wrestling competition) is a 2016 Indian biographical sports drama film directed by Nitesh Tiwari. It stars Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat, who taught wrestling to his daughters Geeta Phogat and Babita Kumari. The former is India's first female wrestler to win at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, where she won the gold medal (55 kg). Her sister Babita Kumari won the silver (51 kg). The music for Dangal was composed by Pritam, while the lyrics were written by Amitabh Bhattacharya. Kripa Shankar Bishnoi, a coach with the Indian women's wrestling team, trained Aamir Khan and the entire crew for the wrestling sequences.Released worldwide on 23 December 2016, Dangal was declared tax-free in three Indian states Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and Haryana to promote Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao, a Government of India's social campaign aiming to reduce selective abortion of females, to protect girls, and to educate them.

Blu-Ray/DVD Coming soon
[Show spoiler] Early march release
From Reliance HVG
Thanks given by:
Tom09 (01-07-2017)
Old 01-01-2017, 01:03 AM   #2
Special Member

Dec 2014
Red face

DANGAL is a very good movie. Very well made. But unfortunately, a one time watch for me.

Unless its a suspense thriller or a period drama, bollywood movies in general has lost charm for me as they have deliberately done away with songs and melodious music (this was bollywood's ace as vfx, sfx, cgi is to Hollywood and marshall arts is to Hong Kong film industry)

Only looking forward to KAHAANI 2on Blu-Ray for now.

Hopefully, RANGOON turns out very good to great.

I'm not sure at all about RAEES as an overall product. Lets hope good songs return here to support masala.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:18 AM   #3

Oct 2016
madurai - tamil nadu - india

Waiting for this movie with 7.! Atoms
Old 01-03-2017, 09:24 AM   #4
Power Member

Sep 2012
Sydney Australia

I want to watch this.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:33 PM   #5
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Aamir = pass. I don't need to be preached to for three hours.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:21 PM   #6
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
And even if someone tells u it doesnt have any preaching u wont ? I am Just saying, unless u r one of his intolerance comment enemies, u r really missing on gem of a movie by that perspective.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:11 PM   #7
Special Member

Dec 2014

Quote:
I see where you are coming from.

But it's not the face of the film that needs to be blamed for being preachy.

Be it lack of empathy benavolence in medical system (MUNNA BHAI), preaching gandhigiri (MUNNA BHAI 2), faults in education system (3 IDIOTS) religious exploitation (PK) and now, female kids abuse by their hanikarak selfish father to overcome his failures (DANGAL). it is the joshi-hirani-vvc team or tiwari and writers to blame.

Actors are becoming dangerously soft target more and more.

Actors should never be role models. They are basically tools to bring alive on celluloid what's written on paper.

It's amazing how SRK as a creative artist is being victimized today for playing bootleggers and a don.

It's the same SRK who public loved and routed for when he threw woman off the roof top or plotted to kill a husband on honeymoon in Switzerland.

Just shows how crazy times we are living in.

Last edited by Hindustani; 01-09-2017 at 03:44 AM.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:46 PM   #8
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag1700 View Post
And even if someone tells u it doesnt have any preaching u wont ? I am Just saying, unless u r one of his intolerance comment enemies, u r really missing on gem of a movie by that perspective.
It's got nothing to do with being intolerant, his movies are just ridiculously preachy. He comes across as God's gift to humanity and the only one who can solve all of the world's problems. The only recent movie of his I've liked his Talaash because he finally gets out of the way and just delivers a good performance in a good movie. He's a skilled actor, but I just can't get behind his movies. Too much Social Justice Warrior, not enough entertainer. Oh well.

You want a movie that has a great sociopolitical message but isn't preachy as hell? Watch Swades.
Thanks given by:
Anurag1700 (01-09-2017)
Old 01-09-2017, 09:34 AM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
Johannesburg - South Africa

Dangal has overtaken PK as the highest grossing movie of all time. This is both Worldwide and In India; glad to see this success, as the movie's emotional undercurrent is universal. That's what I liked about Dangal.

Congrats to entire team of Dangal especially Aamir Khan, he is a notably consistent actor with excellent merit. Not that he needed the numbers to prove it, but there, he has done that too.

His last two movies:
- PK (Rs 630 crore) Worldwide
- Dangal (Rs 634 crore) Worldwide

Well Done, I think the Blu Ray is imminent now.
Thanks given by:
jbloggs (01-13-2017)
Old 01-09-2017, 10:28 AM   #10
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

Quote:
It's got nothing to do with being intolerant, his movies are just ridiculously preachy. He comes across as God's gift to humanity and the only one who can solve all of the world's problems. The only recent movie of his I've liked his Talaash because he finally gets out of the way and just delivers a good performance in a good movie. He's a skilled actor, but I just can't get behind his movies. Too much Social Justice Warrior, not enough entertainer. Oh well.

You want a movie that has a great sociopolitical message but isn't preachy as hell? Watch Swades.
I know what u r tring to say. I myself hated 3 idiots for this very reason only but pk not so much as the character itself was not from earth so it was kinda acceptable to me. I am also big fan of Talaash for the very reason that its not just about him and his superiority. From all this perspective i would still say Dangal is not preachy. Rest is upto you.
Thanks given by:
Hindustani (01-10-2017), imsounoriginal (01-09-2017)
Old 01-09-2017, 11:17 PM   #11
Special Member

Dec 2014
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag1700 View Post
I know what u r tring to say. I myself hated 3 idiots for this very reason only but pk not so much as the character itself was not from earth so it was kinda acceptable to me. I am also big fan of Talaash for the very reason that its not just about him and his superiority. From all this perspective i would still say Dangal is not preachy. Rest is upto you.
On the contrary

DANGAL went into opposite direction.

Vegetarian head of the family (Mr Phogat) force feeds his 2 young daughters chicken to get stronger against their will.

Message of the movie. Ends justifies the means. Whatever it takes to get the gold medal. All is forgiven.

Its amazing that there is no hoopla protest by upper caste brahmin community for forcing feeding vegan girls under the assumption that non-vegans are stronger because of chicken diet.

Who says India is not tolerant.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:48 AM   #12
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

^I agree with the comment on tolerance part, even I was pleasantly surprised that no one raised a voice against the chicken scene. For all we know that scene looked plausible. However our 'media manipulated' audience does not have the image to be this mature in taking something of that sorts that neutrally.

However I think we are looking at definition of a 'preachy movie' differently here. For me its just unnecessarily explaining and saying it out loud what the movie wants to say instead of showing it in action. For me Dangal delivers on those accounts.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:26 PM   #13
Special Member

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrat_Boy View Post
Dangal has overtaken PK as the highest grossing movie of all time. This is both Worldwide and In India;

His last two movies:
- PK (Rs 630 crore) Worldwide
- Dangal (Rs 634 crore) Worldwide
Actually, this is not entirely correct. 'Dangal' with a worldwide gross of ₹726 crores' (upto April 2017) is now second on the list of all time highest grossing Indian movies. 'PK' with a worldwide gross of ₹792 crores, still remains number one by quite a substantial margin.

PS: With a gross of ₹511 crores (Net ₹387.3 crores), 'Dangal' is, however, number one on the list of all time highest grossers in India.

Last edited by sanjay0864; 05-17-2017 at 05:53 AM. Reason: To update box office numbers.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:24 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
Johannesburg - South Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay0864 View Post
Actually, this is not entirely correct. 'Dangal' with a worldwide gross of ₹651.92 crores' (upto 09/01/17) is now second on the list of all time highest grossing Indian movies. 'PK' with a worldwide gross of ₹792 crores, still remains number one by quite a substantial margin.

PS: With a gross of ₹349.65 crores (upto 09/01/17) 'Dangal' is, however, number one on the list of all time highest grossers in India.
Thanks Sanjay for the correction. I realised whilst reading that PK was released later on in Japan, which added to the worldwide figure, as the movie was a resounding success there too.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:59 PM   #15
Special Member

Mar 2008

Quote:
Thanks Sanjay for the correction. I realised whilst reading that PK was released later on in Japan, which added to the worldwide figure, as the movie was a resounding success there too.
Actually it was China, with over ₹110 crores, that really added immensely to the box office gross of 'PK'. Since 'Dangal' has yet to be released in China and some other territories, there may still be hope for 'Dangal' to overtake 'PK'.

Last edited by sanjay0864; 01-12-2017 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:01 PM   #16
Special Member

Feb 2010
Saginaw, Michigan
Send a message via Skype™ to dr_vasanth
India/Bollywood Kabali Box Office figures

Quote:
What about Kabali? The Indian Express had quoted Box Office figures in the 650 Crore range for this movie..

http://indianexpress.com/photos/ente...ished-2961844/
Old 01-17-2017, 05:59 AM   #17

Dec 2010

Any info about Dangal BD, will it be having multi audio or only hindi.

Like MSDhoni Bluray
Old 01-17-2017, 06:12 AM   #18
Special Member

Dec 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberworld View Post
Any info about Dangal BD, will it be having multi audio or only hindi.

Like MSDhoni Bluray
Dude. seriously! The movie is still in cinemas in 3rd week breaking every domestic BO records.

with all kinds of multiple states tax breaks, its not going to release until next 3 months atleast. it will run in cinema as long as possible to collect every last rupee.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:05 PM   #19

Feb 2011
தமிழ் நாடு TamilNadu

Hi this Dangal RHVG bluray have Tamil audio track or only Hindi? this movie dubbed in tamil language also that why i am asking..

Old 02-14-2017, 05:00 PM   #20

Oct 2016
madurai - tamil nadu - india

Any update in dangal blueray
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India