Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Wildlife (Blu-ray)
$29.49
8 hrs ago
Six Moral Tales (Blu-ray)
$72.99

First Reformed (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.26
15 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Scorsese Shorts (Blu-ray)
$36.64
11 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 02-14-2017, 07:28 PM   #21
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

^ It has to leave cinemas for anything to even begin as a rumor dude !
Old 03-09-2017, 05:02 PM   #22

Oct 2016
madurai - tamil nadu - india

Dangal Bluray on April 16 Price is too high MRP :- 999
Old 03-10-2017, 02:53 PM   #23
Special Member

Dec 2011
God's Own Country

http://www.amazon.in/Dangal-Aamir-Khan/dp/B06XFDJFR7/
Old 03-11-2017, 08:08 AM   #24
Special Member

Dec 2011
God's Own Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakthivel velu View Post
Dangal Bluray on April 16 Price is too high MRP :- 999
blu-ray might have tamil & telugu audio tracks
Old 03-13-2017, 06:43 AM   #25
Special Member

Aug 2010
Kochi, KL, IN

The BD for this one is priced at INR 999, whereas the one for Raees costs INR 799. Since both are Reliance releases and would very likely like feature their theatrical Atmos mixes, there might be a bonus disc or a generous set of extras for Dangal. Just guessing, though.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:02 AM   #26
Special Member

Mar 2008

Aamir Khan is supervising the Blu-ray himself.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:12 AM   #27

Jul 2007
Mumbai, India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay0864 View Post
Aamir Khan is supervising the Blu-ray himself.
Which means it may release by 2023 if we are lucky.
Thanks given by:
Hindustani (03-14-2017)
Old 04-01-2017, 02:31 AM   #28

May 2009

Don;t be surprised if the BD plans get delayed. Mr. Khan may have just had a huge windfall thanks to Netflix! I doubt if he would care much for a BD release now

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainm...-rights-dangal
Old 04-01-2017, 03:31 AM   #29
Special Member

Dec 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsnest View Post
Don;t be surprised if the BD plans get delayed. Mr. Khan may have just had a huge windfall thanks to Netflix! I doubt if he would care much for a BD release now

This is where Aamir Khan's unpopularity with internatinal audience is hurting us and SRK's popularity with international audience is helping us, the bollywood BRD fans.

RAEES as RCE co-production will show up on Netflix and REM BRD will release German BRD.

Nothing like this is happening with DANGAL, SECRET SUPERSTAR or TOH.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:41 AM   #30
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsnest View Post

Nice, it means I can see the film with mum without the need for a physical disc. I doubt it'd be more than a one-time watch for me.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:13 AM   #31
Special Member

Dec 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
Nice, it means I can see the film with mum without the need for a physical disc. I doubt it'd be more than a one-time watch for me.
You brought up an interesting fact. Bollywood movies ever since they shun chartbuster songs and melody in musical numbers in favor of background singing (Rahat & co.) instead of playback singing (Kumar, Udit, Sonu, Abhijeet & co), the repeat value of Bollywood movies had gone down several notches.

BABY is just another poor version of ARGO
AIRLIFT is just another poor version of ???
HNY is just another poor version of NOW YOU SEE ME.
DHOOM 3 is just another copy of 3 Chris Nolan movies put together.

Bollywood new directors post GHAJINI 100 cr BO record breaking performance have only learned to carbon copy Hollywood movies inferiorly. Bollywood has always copied Hollywood but its musical numbers and particularly melody in scores use to set it apart and sometimes even make it better.

From QSQT (1988) to JOHNNY GADDAAR (2007). This 20 yrs bollywood BO obsession with Romance had distinctive musical style, writing and production. Be it Romantic thriller (BAAZIGAR), Romantic Drama, Romantic tragedy (DEVDAS) to Romance Historical (ASOKA, JODHAA AKBAR), its USP was built around romance.

And this is completely gone now. Hence, the popularity of Bollywood is also decreasing with non-south asian audiences as movies are becoming a one time watch. Hence, every movie is more and more reflecting road movies like DIL CHAHTA HAI, LAKSHYA etc etc or poor straight up hollywood copies (RA-1, KRRISH etc etc).

Last edited by Hindustani; 04-01-2017 at 04:39 AM.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:30 AM   #32
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

Personally, I wouldn't regard a movie as more watchable for having elaborate and in-your-face musical numbers, and I'm sure Dangal wouldn't be a better film with Kumar Sanu numbers shoved into it. For the record, I watched Baazigar all of once and even that with some difficulty, no thanks to the overdose of song breaks, atrocious comic track and WTF levels of glorification/justification for the hero's doings.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:51 AM   #33

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindustani View Post
You brought up an interesting fact. Bollywood movies ever since they shun chartbuster songs and melody in musical numbers in favor of background singing (Rahat & co.) instead of playback singing (Kumar, Udit, Sonu, Abhijeet & co), the repeat value of Bollywood movies had gone down several notches.

BABY is just another poor version of ARGO
AIRLIFT is just another poor version of ???
HNY is just another poor version of NOW YOU SEE ME.
DHOOM 3 is just another copy of 3 Chris Nolan movies put together.

Bollywood new directors post GHAJINI 100 cr BO record breaking performance have only learned to carbon copy Hollywood movies inferiorly. Bollywood has always copied Hollywood but its musical numbers and particularly melody in scores use to set it apart and sometimes even make it better.

From QSQT (1988) to JOHNNY GADDAAR (2007). This 20 yrs bollywood BO obsession with Romance had distinctive musical style, writing and production. Be it Romantic thriller (BAAZIGAR), Romantic Drama, Romantic tragedy (DEVDAS) to Romance Historical (ASOKA, JODHAA AKBAR), its USP was built around romance.

And this is completely gone now. Hence, the popularity of Bollywood is also decreasing with non-south asian audiences as movies are becoming a one time watch. Hence, every movie is more and more reflecting road movies like DIL CHAHTA HAI, LAKSHYA etc etc or poor straight up hollywood copies (RA-1, KRRISH etc etc).
Respectfully, I dont buy your argument. I personally havent been able to sit thru Baazigar. Just not my type of movie. In my mind its perhaps the kind of movie that you talk about - a synthetic ripoff of random Hollywood movies with some corny songs thrown in to call it a Bollywood romantic thriller.

Point being a movie's watchability is purely personal preference. But in the context of Blu Ray release of Indian films, I think it just comes down to pure economics. The numbers dont justify the investment. 100 people on this forum buying BluRays dont add up to profitability so the Netflix and TV distribution revenue streams just make more sense.

Personally, I would take a Netflix version of an Indian movie any day over a shabby, overpriced BluRay thats held to no standard.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:02 AM   #34
Special Member

Mar 2008

Quote:
This is where Aamir Khan's unpopularity with internatinal audience is hurting us
"Unpopularity"? Really? I presume, you are aware of the fact that the TOP THREE and FOUR of the TOP SIX, all time highest grossing Indian movies overseas, are all Aamir starrers.

Top Six highest grossers overseas:
1. PK
2. Dhoom 3
3. Dangal *
4. Bajrangi Bhaijan
5. Dilwale
6. 3 Idiots

* 'Dangal' is still to be released in a few countries. It is therefore most likely to cross 'Dhoom 3', which it trails by only a ₹130,000.

Last edited by sanjay0864; 05-17-2017 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:06 AM   #35
Special Member

Dec 2014
Lightbulb

Quote:
Personally, I wouldn't regard a movie as more watchable for having elaborate and in-your-face musical numbers, and I'm sure Dangal wouldn't be a better film with Kumar Sanu numbers shoved into it. For the record, I watched Baazigar all of once and even that with some difficulty, no thanks to the overdose of song breaks, atrocious comic track and WTF levels of glorification/justification for the hero's doings.
You are missing the point. Movies like DANGAL has always been made even during romantic era of Bollywood. There was always a SWADES and CDI and DCH and PAHELI etc etc. Always!

My point is even SATYA (a GOODFELLAS inspired movie) had terrific situational musical numbers and lyrics that pushed the screenplay forward. And this alone makes SATYA different from its direct inspiration. There is a reason why BAAZIGAR is considered the best adaptation of A KISS BEFORE DYING book.

Same can be said about DIL SE and JOHNNY GADDAAR. Former has playback musical numbers, latter has background musical numbers. But both are so moody and atmospheric and deliberately picked that both pushed the "darkness" and "impending doom" narrative of their screenplays forward. One used a "sufistic" approach and the other used "modern, contemporary" approach. I was never discussing about forced "item number" or forced songs to hinder the screenplay.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:40 AM   #36
Special Member

Mar 2008

Quote:
Just wondering, what Hollywood movies were 'Dangal', 'PK', '3 Idiots' & 'Bajrangi Bhaijan' copied from?
Old 04-01-2017, 07:17 AM   #37
Special Member

Dec 2014
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay0864 View Post
"Unpopularity"? Really? I presume, you are aware of the fact, that the TOP THREE and FOUR of the TOP SIX, all time highest grossing Indian movies overseas, are all Aamir starrers.

Top Six highest grossers overseas:
1. PK
2. Dhoom 3
3. Dangal *
4. Bajrangi Bhaijan
5. Dilwale
6. 3 Idiots

* 'Dangal' is still to be released in a few countries. It is therefore most likely to cross 'Dhoom 3', which it trails by only a ₹130,000.
Aamir Khan's acting style never really clicked as he identifies with nothing. He is neither a Nawaz (method driven acting style) or Irrfan (technique based stylized acting style) or properly trained actor. Aamir's strength is he works very hard on his characters as he is low on training.

SRK clicked as a Romantic musical king world wide. Just like Bruce Lee clicked as a Marshal Arts king and later Jackie Chan.

Highest grossors are amongst the NRIs and niche based desi audience. No non-desi really watches or even collects Aamir, Salman starrers or even care.

On the other hand, I've seen european, latinos and africans personally ask me for SRK movies and many even buy them and not just his romantic BB musicals of 1990s and 2000 decade Even BAAZIGAR, KHKN and DARR (Pre-DDLJ) stuff is also quite popular with enough percentage of non-desi western audiences who "collect" popular culture movies from rest of the world.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:41 AM   #38
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
There is a reason why BAAZIGAR is considered the best adaptation of A KISS BEFORE DYING book.
By who? Baazigar was to the thriller genre what Ramsay movies were for horror. Take an existing idea, dumb it down, pack in a half dozen (or more) songs and stupid disjointed comedy in the name of 'Indianizing' and voila! It was a massively successful movie, but popularity does not equate to inherent merit.
Quote:
Aamir Khan's acting style...He is neither a Nawaz (method driven acting style) or Irrfan (technique based stylized acting style)
That claim is quite dubious IMO, Irfan and Nawaz are fairly similar actors and both can claim to method acting. I so agree that Aamir is very limited as an actor and more interesting as a creative person that drives the making of interesting films.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:33 PM   #39
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
RM16, United Kingdom

Plagiarism is rife in Bollywood. Even body language is plagiarised which I find to be irritating. I am sure why they are not being sued for it.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:43 PM   #40
Special Member

Dec 2014

Quote:
By who? Baazigar was to the thriller genre what Ramsay movies were for horror. Take an existing idea, dumb it down, pack in a half dozen (or more) songs and stupid disjointed comedy in the name of 'Indianizing' and voila! It was a massively successful movie, but popularity does not equate to inherent merit.
Just try and skip the forced comedy that was required to bring audiences to cinema in early 90s. This is the eccess baggage 1980s bollywood gave 1990 Bollywood cinema.

But BAAZIGAR on its own as an adaptation works much better than all KISS BEFORE DYING hollywood adaptations. I've seen 1950s one and 1991 one. Even the plagerized "kaali kaali aankhen" works. It has lot to do with Abbas-Mastan's style of direction, terrific editing, copied 2 MINUTES WARNING background score and DOP Thomas Xavier's interesting camera angles. It all works. It makes BAAZIGAR a solid out of stars movie with decent repeat value even today. If it is in HD on any cable TV, you can easily sit through.

If you are demanding BAAZIGAR to be JOHNNY GADDAAR, this can never happen in Early 1990s as producers will make sure no money of theirs is spent without major compromises as film may flop on Boxoffice.

Quote:
I so agree that Aamir is very limited as an actor and more interesting as a creative person that drives the making of interesting films.
Aamir's choice of project has become his biggest surplus. Because his talent is quite limited, he picks scripts where he can work very hard on and get excellent support from all his co-stars be it PK or 3 IDIOTS. Rest of big bollywood superstars have a lot to learn from Aamir's choices especially SRK.

btw, here is that famous 2 MINITES WARNING Background Score BAAZIGAR copied when Psycho starts killing. Its all over the film.

It starts from 4:02 onwards....Again at 5:28 mark to 7:28. Abbas-Mustan exploited this perfectly and added to it as SRK went on killing spree.

and now check this out.

Last edited by Hindustani; 04-01-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India