Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
21 hrs ago
3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
8 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Galaxy Quest (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99
1 hr ago
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
16 hrs ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96
14 hrs ago
Dolittle 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
8 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 07-11-2018, 11:11 PM   #181

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindustani View Post
To me, the whole movie was like well done Pixar animation. It looked like Star TV or Zee TV digitally shot garbage. This last 10 years bollywood obsession with fair skin looking faces has gotten too far imo. If you want fair skin, bhansali could've signed Kareena or even Karishma out or retirement for PADMAAVAT. But no. its those pathetic golden hues, waxy faces in post-production in the name of art. embarassing!.
I'm usually less critical about Bollywood stuff but I couldn't agree more with the above comment after watching the movie for the first time on blu-ray. The golden hues throughout the movie totally bothered me. I've never seen any Hollywood movie being color-graded to this extreme (same deal w/Jodhaa Akbar & Bajirao Mastani). And I was very unimpressed with the CGI stuff (absolutely no pop whatsoever) - relative to, for instance, Baahubali. In terms of visual grandeur, Padmaavat can't hold a candle to Baahubali (although Baahubali had its flaws too - but it at least had a sincere attempt at visual presentation for the most part by Indian Standards at least). The color grading and unimpressive CGI in Padmavaat were bad (Bhansali doesn't seem nowhere near as adept as Rajamouli at presenting visual grandeur). I didn't think the movie was all that good either - am sure Deepika did what the script asked her to do - but there was a lot more potential for her role had the script been tailored for it - she was a bit too sober in the movie while knowing her full potential. And I thought the song choreography in Bajirao Mastani was much more memorable (replay value) than in Padmaavat. The fire scene at the end was pivotal to the movie - and there was absolutely no attention to detail for such a pivotal sequence - no details shown about how such a massive pyre was even setup/planned - even the fire looked artificial. (compare for instance, Dharmendra shoving coal into the train engine in Sholay - you could really feel you're near the burning coal yourself in those good old non-CGI days).

Last edited by rs3771; 07-11-2018 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:44 PM   #182

Apr 2014
USA
Default German BR

There are 3 disks - 1BR and 2 DVDs. Special features are on one DVD. The deleted song is copied from T-series DVD.

PtG1.jpg

PtG2.jpg

PtG3.jpg

PtG4.jpg

PtGD.jpg
Old 02-04-2019, 08:54 PM   #183
Special Member

Nov 2009

Got the German Disc today, Audio is DD 5.1(Lossy) and MPEG2 compression. Shameroo wins
Old 07-29-2019, 02:51 AM   #184

Jul 2019
Birmingham UK

All I can say is Padmaavat just WOW And the Blu Ray even more WOW just gobsmacked Shemaroo managed to release a magnificent film without screwing it up. The 7.1 surround sound is just to die for from the sharp Tabla beats of Ek Dil Hai right down to the sounds of Deepikaís ghungroo itís just superb. The colours are just hypnotising and eye-catching and the visuals makes it feel as though you are right there in the film. Shemaroo well done so proud you have managed to make a fanatic Blu Ray. Padmaavat is one of those films where I think watching it on Amazon Prime WILL NOT OR WILL NEVER do or give it justice Padmaavat is one of those films in the modern digital streaming age you have to have a physical hard copy of because of just how much sheer beauty, love and dedication has gone into making a film like this. I do hope they will release it on 4K UHD Blu Ray in the near future as it is one film that truly deserves it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India