Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Star Trek Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99
4 hrs ago
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
3 hrs ago
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
21 hrs ago
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Rising of the Shield Hero: Season One, Part Two (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Idle Hands (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Blu-ray)
$12.96

D-Day: Normandy 1944 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Bombshell (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Uncut Gems (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 01-23-2018, 11:00 PM   #21
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Hoping to see this over the weekend. Hopefully everyone making a trip to the theaters stays safe.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:23 PM   #22

Jun 2017

Old 01-26-2018, 06:18 AM   #23

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by annayya View Post
Does anyone know what cameras were used to shoot the movie? This would help in deciding whether to watch in IMAX 3D or regular 2D. I think they would have messed up the 3D conversion, especially in IMAX.
I guess no one knows what cameras were used. I will watch it in 2D so I won't be disappointed.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:22 AM   #24

Jan 2013

Hope to see a 3D Blu-ray for this one; the first one for a major Bollywood movie other than Ra-one (which I heard is a bad transfer for 3D; have the 2D disc - that's a terrible transfer.)
Thanks given by:
EVERRET (02-07-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 05:27 AM   #25

Sep 2015

This movie is a MASTERPIECE..
just saw this tonight. I can’t get over it.. do not miss watching this on the big screen.
Thanks given by:
EVERRET (02-07-2018), JaguarBae (01-27-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 11:49 AM   #26

Jan 2018

Is it just gorgeous or is the story engaging too?
Old 01-27-2018, 08:52 PM   #27
Special Member

Dec 2014
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by annayya View Post
I guess no one knows what cameras were used. I will watch it in 2D so I won't be disappointed.
This is a rhetorical question right!?

Since 2013-2014, ever since Bollywood adopted non-35mm, digital cameras, its either Red Epic Dragon (or Weapon) or Arri Alexa or Sony. Either of those 3 brands are plastered all over Bollywood, Tollywood, Mollywood etc etc.

Cinematography wise, this period epic will be no better than BAAHUBALI, BAJIRAO MASTANI as far as the look is concern. Trailer looks barely ok. It will definitely look worse in 3D. Avoid it at all costs. Play it safe and go for 2D viewing.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:32 AM   #28
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Disappointing movie but worth seeing once just for Ranveer. 3D was surprisingly decent too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeNeedsMovies View Post
This movie is a MASTERPIECE..
just saw this tonight. I can’t get over it.. do not miss watching this on the big screen.
Nothing masterpiece about it except the costumes and Ranveer's performance. Padmavati is a ridiculously passive character for most of the movie. Shahid is badly miscast. He and Deepika have zero chemistry, so the love story at the foundation of the whole thing is dead on arrival. Anytime Ranveer isn't on screen, the movie grinds to a halt because he's the only actor giving it some kind of pulse. Songs are incredibly disappointing except Ghoomar (SLB even redoes Malhari and barely does anything new with it). There's not enough story to justify a nearly three-hour runtime. Terrible CGI, Deepika's first scene looks like something out of a Star Wars prequel. Ram-Leela and especially Bajirao Mastani are both significantly better than this.

Last edited by imsounoriginal; 01-28-2018 at 01:15 AM.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:27 AM   #29

Jun 2017

Quote:
Is it just gorgeous or is the story engaging too?
Everybody already knows the story. But knowing the ending ahead of time gives you the sense of dread/the inevitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
Terrible CGI, Deepika's first scene looks like something out of a Star Wars prequel.
Well the Star Wars prequels used tons of miniatures/real sets and so does this... Most of the VFX still holds up till this day.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:58 AM   #30
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarBae View Post
Well the Star Wars prequels used tons of miniatures/real sets and so does this... Most of the VFX still holds up till this day.
You're right, VFX here were worse. Couldn't even be as good as movies made 15-19 years ago.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:36 AM   #31
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2017
Knowhere

Guzaarish was the last great film from SLB imo.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:43 PM   #32

Oct 2009
Sherman Oaks , California
Smile Movie was stunning

I loved Padmavat, the first half the courting of Shahid and Deepika, when they first met in the jungle, and she fist came to Rajput was the most romantic part of the movie, beautifully shot, and the dialogues of deepika especially to priest , were beautiful and encompassing.

Deepika's look and charisma and acting was 11, i thought Ranveer as usual was overacting trying to hard and not letting other charecters have screen space and prescnece, one man show which doesnt work

Remember Padmavai is set in 13.th century so she is not a 20th century woman, so she can only be so forceful .

Bhoomar, and Deepika's sensuality and costumes made the movie for me, Ranveer was too much, and hogging screen , Shahid acting was OK, it was subtle but he did play his part well

I watched it twice, first time in Imax 3d in NOrwalk, and you literally felt you were in the palace, walking around, the close ups in 3d were stunning, although some scenes were blurry, not well delineated in 3d, but definately worth watching in 3d for all palace scenes, you feel you are in the movie
Thanks given by:
-MK- (01-28-2018), EVERRET (02-07-2018)
Old 01-28-2018, 03:57 PM   #33

Jun 2009
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollywood karim View Post
I loved Padmavat, the first half the courting of Shahid and Deepika, when they first met in the jungle, and she fist came to Rajput was the most romantic part of the movie, beautifully shot, and the dialogues of deepika especially to priest , were beautiful and encompassing.

Deepika's look and charisma and acting was 11, i thought Ranveer as usual was overacting trying to hard and not letting other charecters have screen space and prescnece, one man show which doesnt work

Remember Padmavai is set in 13.th century so she is not a 20th century woman, so she can only be so forceful .

Bhoomar, and Deepika's sensuality and costumes made the movie for me, Ranveer was too much, and hogging screen , Shahid acting was OK, it was subtle but he did play his part well

I watched it twice, first time in Imax 3d in NOrwalk, and you literally felt you were in the palace, walking around, the close ups in 3d were stunning, although some scenes were blurry, not well delineated in 3d, but definately worth watching in 3d for all palace scenes, you feel you are in the movie
^ This. I don't know the actual story, but I liked the movie. To me Deepika acting especially in the last scene gave me kinda goosebumps. Songs, probably they could have trimmed down the one with ranveer in it. I didn't feel the need of it compared to others.
Old 01-28-2018, 03:59 PM   #34

Sep 2015

Going to see it again! It’s One of SLB’s best!
Old 01-28-2018, 06:07 PM   #35

Jun 2017

Quote:
You're right, VFX here were worse. Couldn't even be as good as movies made 15-19 years ago.
Padmavati used real sets and looked better then many 2017 Hollywood movies. Deal with it
Old 01-28-2018, 08:44 PM   #36

Sep 2015

My advice: don’t miss seeing this on the big screen. It’s an experience not to be missed
Old 01-29-2018, 12:50 PM   #37
Special Member

Dec 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeNeedsMovies View Post
My advice: don’t miss seeing this on the big screen. It’s an experience not to be missed
Until now I was stalling.

Ok dude. you said it. good enough for me. I'll go for bargain matinee somewhere in this week.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:08 PM   #38
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Lord View Post
Guzaarish was the last great film from SLB imo.
I like Ranveer enough to enjoy Ram Leela and Bajirao. Guzaarish is nice because it's the movie that proved Hrithik could act. But objectively, Devdas was SLB's masterpiece. I doubt he'll ever be able to equal it. (And yes, I have seen the Dilip Kumar version -- SLB's is better.)
Old 01-29-2018, 05:40 PM   #39

Sep 2015

Quote:
I like Ranveer enough to enjoy Ram Leela and Bajirao. Guzaarish is nice because it's the movie that proved Hrithik could act. But objectively, Devdas was SLB's masterpiece. I doubt he'll ever be able to equal it. (And yes, I have seen the Dilip Kumar version -- SLB's is better.)
Agreed. I still re watch Devdas. Every frame of that movie is brilliant. Deserved all the Filmfare wins it had. One of SRK's best performances.
Thanks given by:
imsounoriginal (01-30-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 05:45 PM   #40
Special Member

Dec 2014

Quote:
GUZAARISH is a copy of THE SEA INSIDE. And Hrithik is nowhere close to performance Javier Bardem's oscar nominated performance was. I consider it latter's career best above NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN.

In hindsight, many even think Bardem should've won it. He may have if THE SEA INSIDE was British or American production instead of Spanish film (nomited in best foreign language film).

Bhansali has made no great cinema as far as I can recall. KHAMOSHI was just above ave and aged poorly. HDDCS, I need to visit again but was decent and has also aged well. DEVDAS was a loud mess. It should've been his masterpiece but SRK and Madhuri's steller performances carried it through some real troubled waters as a decent watch. It has actually aged well surprisingly. RAM-LEELA was again decent. BAAJIRAO MASTANI was barely average with no repeat value.

Bhansali has a problem of loudness and over-directing. He need to tone it down a bit. Its clear he struggles with trusting his actors with both script and characters. I doubt he even have multiple cast reading sessions of scripts like VVC-Hiranis, Anurag Kashyup and 99% of hollywood does.
Thanks given by:
imsounoriginal (01-30-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India