Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$89.99
9 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: The Television Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99
9 hrs ago
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
31 min ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Galaxy Quest (Blu-ray)
$9.99
18 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$31.46

Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99
9 hrs ago
Hellboy (Blu-ray)
$5.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 06-24-2019, 04:52 PM   #1
Special Member

Dec 2011
God's Own Country
India/Bollywood KABIR SINGH (2019) Blu-Ray !!!

Kabir Singh is a 2019 Indian Hindi-language romantic drama film written and directed by Sandeep Vanga. It is a remake of his own Telugu film Arjun Reddy (2017). Jointly produced by Cine1 Studios and T-Series, the film stars Shahid Kapoor and Kiara Advani. It focuses on the title character, an alcoholic surgeon who goes on a self-destructive path after his girlfriend is forced to marry someone else.

Blu-Ray expected from T - Series
[Show spoiler](After Netflix release)
Old 06-25-2019, 01:44 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
Johannesburg - South Africa

I have been hearing so many polarizing views on this movie.

People have praised Shahid Kapoor as his best effort at the portrayal of the titular character.

On the hand, a band of people are saying its a disgraceful misogynistic movie that only extends to worsen the current state of affairs on how men treat women... stalking etc etc

For those who have watched, whats your take?
Old 06-25-2019, 04:21 PM   #3

Sep 2015

I was honestly shocked at how this character and his actions were glorified. The audiences cheered on as he stalked and passively harassed a junior into a relationship with him. Drugs, sex, alcohol were all glorified. (Small spoiler) there is a scene where Kabir Singh is too drunk to go to a meeting so his friend offers him cocaine .. once he snorts it up, he's totally ready for the meeting. Audiences cheered that on too. He tells girls to help him "physically" and when they express feelings for him He gets pissed. Then the girl is seen trying to apologize to him. These are just off the top of my head. There are countless others I disagreed with. I'm certain that there are going to be people who disagree with my views. But that's just my opinion. I went to school in India and I despised the automatic superiority complex "seniors"had towards juniors. This movie pushed that to a whole new level. Even if it is happening, don't glorify it to influence more jerks.

All that said. Shahid Kapoor delivers his best performance yet. He alone is worth the watch. But I just can't ignore how disturbing some of the content was in this film.
Old 06-25-2019, 04:54 PM   #4
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrat_Boy View Post
I have been hearing so many polarizing views on this movie.

People have praised Shahid Kapoor as his best effort at the portrayal of the titular character.

On the hand, a band of people are saying its a disgraceful misogynistic movie that only extends to worsen the current state of affairs on how men treat women... stalking etc etc

For those who have watched, whats your take?
I am yet to watch but here is my take on polarising views: If it really is polarising, no matter how many opinions you hear, films are still such subjective experiences, its not gonna reflect which side u ll end up favoring when u yourself watch it. Regarding this specific film, i feel its just another amplified case of (similar to smoking scenes issue) how serious you believe that films /actors have any moral responsibility towards representing/influencing society. Every reaction will drive around that degree of belief one has.

One of my friend had a similar problem with Raman Raghav 2.0 of how badly it showed morals/values of characters etc while other friend arguing with him viewed it as plain fiction and beautiful work of art. Blame it on lack of star or lack of success, for flop films no one talks about these things . Its only when movie starts making money it reflects that more and more common men are watching it and combine that with a leading actor giving impressive performance, it generates a fear in society that they the youth would buy into the glorification of it all which may or may not be true. As the oldest defence goes from the film industry - Films are a reflection of society and not vice versa. We never know which vice versa is actually true

Last edited by Anurag1700; 06-25-2019 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:44 AM   #5

Feb 2009

Sandeep Reddy Vanga's interview with Anupama Chopra ...which has lead to further controversy about slapping one's love
Check out his take on his film's detractors ... he does explain his POV as a filmmaker about the Kabir Singh character and his actions

Old 07-11-2019, 02:40 PM   #6

Sep 2009

As Netflix is the streaming partner the movie it will hit Netflix soon for the US Market and others after.. At least for the US Market having it on Netflix is more useful for the masses to watch the movie who never watched it in the cinema halls or Theater.

I do not for see much money being made off a Blu-Ray disc when Netflix will stream the movie even if the Blu-Ray releases prior to Netflix making the movie available for streaming. (this is for the US Market).
Old 11-02-2019, 08:04 PM   #7

Nov 2010

Any word on Kabir Singh Bluray?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India