Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

Kong: Skull Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
5 hrs ago
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion

Old 05-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #21
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2007
Arlington, Texas PSNetwork: dk3dknight PostCount: 0001
Send a message via MSN to dk3dknight Send a message via Yahoo to dk3dknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob71 View Post
So when I sell my comic books from the 70's and early 80's I'll be extorting geeks? So be it, I'll be the one with a wad of cash in my pocket.
I said video games do what you want with the other mediums... lol video games were meant to be played and enjoyed by everyone.

There are some people who buy up as many as they can of the same game in hopes that its rare enough so they can put up a auction week after week after week...

I was lucky when I got arc the lad for 36 since its normal ebay price new is like 100 bucks - 300 bucks..

To understand me better I still own all my nes, snes, playstation 1, playstation 2, and playstation 3 games, i've never sold or traded any one of them.

I guess that makes me a hoarder too lol..
Old 05-05-2010, 07:00 AM   #22
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008
Kentucky

I have sealed copies of the following games

Final Fantasy VII (Original)
Final Fantasy VII Greatest Hits (Had 3 but sold 2 on the bay. Found these 3 and FFVII Original at a huge yard sale. They didn't know the value and had used games as well. More sealed copies picked up are below.)

Resident Evil Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2 (Both PSOne)
Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy Tactics

Old guy was selling them $30.00 each. Not used and resealed copies either. Guy just didn't know what he had. I got these around a year and a half ago, maybe closer to 2 years. Just had them sitting in a box in the closet ever since then. FFVII black label was going for around $400 last time I checked, so I definitely got my money's worth for them lol.

Last edited by UK_fan_05; 05-05-2010 at 07:06 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
Gatineau QC Canada
Send a message via MSN to lucv13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_fan_05 View Post

Final Fantasy VII Greatest Hits (Had 3 but sold 2 on the bay. Found these 3 and FFVII Original at a huge yard sale. They didn't know the value and had used games as well. More sealed copies picked up are below.)

Old guy was selling them $30.00 each. Not used and resealed copies either. Guy just didn't know what he had. I got these around a year and a half ago, maybe closer to 2 years. Just had them sitting in a box in the closet ever since then. FFVII black label was going for around $400 last time I checked, so I definitely got my money's worth for them lol.

That's awesome, great score. I have a full set of new sealed Final Fantasy I & II, IV & Chrono, V & VI, VII, VIII and IX as well as Tactics for the PS1 however they are all Greatest Hits. Don't have a Sealed 10 though, have 1 sealed 10-2 and a couple of sealed XIIs. Also have my payable copies of each along with a whole slew of other PS 1,2,3 games
Old 05-05-2010, 09:17 AM   #24
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008
Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucv13 View Post
That's awesome, great score. I have a full set of new sealed Final Fantasy I & II, IV & Chrono, V & VI, VII, VIII and IX as well as Tactics for the PS1 however they are all Greatest Hits. Don't have a Sealed 10 though, have 1 sealed 10-2 and a couple of sealed XIIs. Also have my payable copies of each along with a whole slew of other PS 1,2,3 games
Yeah, I come across deals like this all the time. Living in Kentucky, in the mountains away from big cities pays off sometimes. People around here have computers and other means at finding out if they have anything valuable, but they don't use them. Oh well, better for me!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #25
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:

Amazing, I wish I had held onto, my non sealed black and greatest hits labled games I think I gave them to gamestop
Old 05-05-2010, 09:56 PM   #26
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Quote:

cool..wish I had a black label sealed copy of FF7 as well

my best friend still has his copy of a black label FF7 misprint with the floating "i"
I also have a black label FF8, not sealed though lol
Old 05-06-2010, 05:26 AM   #27
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008
Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
Amazing, I wish I had held onto, my non sealed black and greatest hits labled games I think I gave them to gamestop
Yeah, funny thing is other people were there complaining about the prices the guy was selling them for lol. I knew FFVII with the black label sealed was a few hundred on eBay, so I didn't complain one bit

I didn't and still don't know what or even if the Resident Evil games or the others besides FFVII are worth anything or not. I just knew it was worth something and thought I better get them now before someone else like me comes by and buys them. Knew I wouldn't have another chance at a deal like that for awhile.

Very next week, I went back to the same place (Large flea/yard/garage) sale and bought a box of comics for $5.00. I didn't look through them until I got home. Besides finding some commons and a few $10 and $20 books, I also found a Spectacular Spider-Man #1 (The one from 1976). So, I think it was a good deal lol I got it along with my CGC 9.6 graded one so I can actually read it lol.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

I don't have anything sealed but the rarest game I have is Panzer Dragoon Saga (4 disc) for Sega Saturn in mint condition.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:29 AM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Quote:
Yeah, funny thing is other people were there complaining about the prices the guy was selling them for lol. I knew FFVII with the black label sealed was a few hundred on eBay, so I didn't complain one bit

I didn't and still don't know what or even if the Resident Evil games or the others besides FFVII are worth anything or not. I just knew it was worth something and thought I better get them now before someone else like me comes by and buys them. Knew I wouldn't have another chance at a deal like that for awhile.

Very next week, I went back to the same place (Large flea/yard/garage) sale and bought a box of comics for $5.00. I didn't look through them until I got home. Besides finding some commons and a few $10 and $20 books, I also found a Spectacular Spider-Man #1 (The one from 1976). So, I think it was a good deal lol I got it along with my CGC 9.6 graded one so I can actually read it lol.
Holy Smokes Batman!!
I think you found yourself a goldmine..did you ever return again?..man what luck..ever play the lottery??
Old 07-19-2010, 03:35 AM   #30

Feb 2009
United States of America

I had a whole bunch of ps1 black label rpgs that were sealed. I ended up selling them on ebay about 4 years ago and made about $3,000. I bought my girlfriend a much needed car at the time.

I have a few other sealed games but mainly just have about 90 new/sealed black label GTA's for the PS2. Figure these'll be worth some money some day. Especially since their later editions all had something taken out of the games.

GT3 - no one knows, and there is nothing visible to distinguish the two different black labels on the cover. The data is different and says V1.2 vs. V1.1, though. Got these from Rockstar and made them ship me the V1.1s.

GTAVC - All of the "Kill the Haitian" missions were taken out due to Haiti throwing a fit. That and smokebombs were taken out. UPC code is different between the two different black labels.

GTASA - I'm pretty sure all you guys know about the "Hot Coffee" scandal.

Anyway, here's a pic:

Old 07-19-2010, 12:00 PM   #31
Special Member

Jan 2009
High Point, North Carolina

i would like to get a sealed copy of NHL 10 just just cuz it's the first time a Blackhawks been on it, they won the Stanley Cup for the first time in 60 years, and Kane scored the game winning goal. kinda like a good luck piece
Old 07-20-2010, 05:13 AM   #32

Mar 2009
Carson, CA

I have tons of sealed games for a lot of my systems as collection and never found the time to play some of them...
Old 07-20-2010, 05:23 AM   #33

Dec 2009
Tokyo PSN:hotsauce2888
Send a message via Skype™ to Denoku

I have 2 games I've never opened, but that's because I want to return them.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:40 AM   #34
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008
Illinois

I don't have any unopened games that I can think of at the moment. Although, I do remember that I had two copies of Sonic The Hedgehog and one was never opened. Don't remember if I still have it though.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:18 AM   #35

Jun 2010

Games are meant to be played just like movies are meant to be watched. Everything in my house is opened.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:13 AM   #36

Oct 2008

I got Rise of the silver Surfer for free with another game and never bothered opening or selling it.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #37

Mar 2005

I've got only two sealed games right now:

- Mirror's Edge
- Demon's Souls: Black Phantom Edition (EU)

Mirror's Edge I re-bought when it was dirt cheap, because I sold it before and it's one of the best games of this generation. But I guess I will open it sooner or later to actually play it.

Demon's Souls was due to an error, I pre-ordered 2 copies from different shops, just to be sure to get it and forgot to cancel one.
Now I think I'll keep the sealed one, as it's THE best game I've ever played during my 22 years career as a gamer and as a collector's edition it could be worth something in 10 years.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #38
Expert Member

Sep 2007
Puerto Rico

I stil have my copy of GOW III sealed, just because my PS3 broke a few day before my order was shipped. That will not last longer, finally got a new PS3
Old 07-24-2010, 11:17 AM   #39

Mar 2010
Drums, Pennsylvania Blu-Ray SteelBooks™ #: 64

The stuff i currently have sealed. Mostly because i got them on clearance cheap somewhere and had either already played them before or don't care to:

PS3:

3D Dot Game Heroes
Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition
Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway (Limited Edition)
DJ Hero
Dirt 2
Fairytale Fights
FEAR 2
Folklore
Guitar Hero 3 W/ Guitar
Haze
Lair
Hakuna Matata (Korean)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes

PS2:

Ghost In The Shell: Standalone Complex